The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Funny how with anything I know I’d never in a billion years watch, I break speed records clicking through the previews just so I don’t get any of it splashed in my eyes. The Brady Roast might now hold the record.

abyzmul likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fuck Tom Brady

abyzmul and Savatage like this.
  3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Fuck Marty Haas

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I love Tubi! What's NOT to love about it? Nothing! It even has Giallo flicks! Oh, and free is my middle name! Sometimes you have to do some serious fishing on there, but it always pays dividends.

When it comes to TV shows, there are many "giants of TV" that I never paid any mind to, 'NYPD Blue' being one amongst many.

Well . . . !, let me preface my comments by saying that I was shrieking. Where has this terrible, over-acted show been all my life?

Watching the Pilot episode, I was laughing in all the wrong places, meaning I shouldn't have been laughing at all about divorce and alcoholism. There's some mob bullshit that's hackneyed and laughable.

Later on, a sweaty, greasy, Dennis Franz is shot a minimum of 6 times in a set up with a paid floozy in a seedy hotel. OK, I'm minimizing, it was more like a Bonnie and Clyyde riddled with bullets kind of shooting; but why I had to see Dennis Franz in his boxers getting shot in the ass in slow motion in a final salute of suck will always be a mystery.

Oh, and he lives! C'mon, now. Anyway, I started watching the second episode. More laughing. David Caruso continues being awful. Does it get any better? Better is relative.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Started watching Evil on Netflix.

Season 1 was meh, season 2 may be some of the worst television I've watched in a long time.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Found a few hidden gems on Netflix... "The Little Things" - Denzel Washington. Detective story that isn't bad. Pretty good time killer. "Upgrade" - AI Sci Fi Not bad, dark ending. "The Bricklayer" - Beekeeper knock off.

IDFjet likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

A Man in Full is pretty good. Got nothing on the novel, but Jeff Bridges is outstanding.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Yeah, I started it, I don't think I'm going to continue. Don't you think the main character looks like a younger Hannah Storm?

I did watch Bodkin and thought it was pretty good. It's 7/8 episodes and you're done. Imo, it's worth checking out.

JackBower likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought Bodkin was pretty good. Kind of fell apart a little at the end. I'm interested to know just how much producing the Obamas actually do, though.

Savatage likes this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I've binged "Animal Kingdom" over the last couple weeks--that Smurf character is amazing--any other fans of this show here? If you haven't seen it its on Prime for free--about a crime family ala Point Break vibe.

11. JackBower

I liked her in other stuff like Westworld. She's not necessarily the problem with the show, moreso it is one of those shows that things will happen and they feel no obligation to explain (Lost) and the characters make choices that make absolutely no sense but try to smooth out over with a sentence or 2 ("it was my medication!"). My main ask for a show is not to make me think you think your audience are idiots. Evil failed.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I watched it and thought it was pretty good but Ellen Barkin always annoys me in anything she is in so that took away from it, for me.

abyzmul likes this.
  13. abyzmul

Something about Ellen Barkin always annoys me too. That might have been why I haven't watched that show.

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

ya--if you don't like her than that's that--I had to look her up to see what else she was in--somehow i missed all her previous stuff so she was new to me.

15. abyzmul

I'm 1 episode in on Eric and so far it has all of the production quality elements of a motion picture that you would expect to see Benedict Cumberbatch in, but it's a series. Sherlock was like that, although it wasn't an honest series.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tires anyone? Quick hitting dumb humor. Hard not to laugh unless you’re a curmudgeon.

17. JackBower

I was thinking about giving this a go with my wife as a middle ground show.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My girlfriend thought she’d hate it and found it to be hilarious.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I wanna watch that Anyone but You chick flick just cause Sydney Sweeney is so hot

20. abyzmul

She is an omega level hottie, but I don't know if that qualifies as worth watching a rom com.

(although gun to my head I would choose the rom com over Madame Web)

#560 abyzmul, May 31, 2024
    Last edited: May 31, 2024