The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wife and I just finished bingeing Ted Lasso over the last couple of weeks. Surprisingly good for a rom com, lots of sideways plotlines and very funny bits. Although I feel like a complete lesbian for admitting it.

Sundayjack, barfolomew and abyzmul like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just started "Fool Me Once" on Netflix.. Not bad for a thriller. Plot isn't original but its watchable and will suck you into the binge.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They successfully made a chick show that men can watch

We're really fucked now

Sundayjack, barfolomew and Dierking like this.
  4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I'm watching this now. It's based on the book by Harlan Coben and I really like his books a lot.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I was late to the Ted Lasso party also and totally caught off-guard when it sucked me in. But I'm in no rush to watch this last season. Slim chance I'd have started cutting myself if they just tied it off after Season 2.

6. Sundayjack

Yeah, I'm 100% onboard here. If you're a fan of the Coen Brothers you wanted to like the Fargo series, even though I think their involvement was little more than a producer credit in return for a fat check. I tried a couple times but none of the prior seasons grabbed me. My brother-in-law convinced me over Thanksgiving to check out Season 5. Phenomenal. The Linda episode was a waste of time that could have been spent elsewhere. Didn't need a full episode of it's own - we get why Dot is running. There was a better angle for the same backstory. But the acting and general story arc fantastic, so I'll forgive whichever over-zealous woman conceived and steered the Linda episode.

Want to annoy yourself for no good reason? Watch one episode of Fargo, Season 5, and one episode of Reacher, Season 2, back-to-back. I like Reacher, so this isn't a slight. Once you accept that Alan Ritchson just has an unnaturally short gait in his walk, it's light and kinda fun. But watch an episode of Fargo and roll right into an episode of Reacher. Don't stop for a piss, just hit it immediately. Then, after you're done, think about this: two people got paid pretty equal money to write the two episodes you just watched.

abyzmul likes this.
  7. Savatage

abyzmul and Amaru like this.
  8. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

Savatage and abyzmul like this.
  9. Savatage

I started watching Griselda on Netflix. It's pretty good & Sofia Vergara's voice isn't too annoying in it.

Sundayjack and abyzmul like this.
  10. abyzmul

I've seen her in stuff where she's not trying to sound like Charo, she's not a bad actor.

Sundayjack and Savatage like this.
  11. abyzmul

Well I just started it, but as pilots go, The Brothers Sun crushed it. I usually get annoyed at least once during a pilot, this one was solid from start to finish. Great pacing, too.

Savatage likes this.
  12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Best series I've watched recently(ish):
    • Severance (apple TV)
    • Slow Horses (apple TV) - like a modern day Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    • Foundation (apple TV - based on the Asimov series
    • What We Do In the Shadows (BBC iplayer)
    • Bosch (amazon) - but not Bosch legacy which is a bit crap and feels like Disney got hold of it
    Re-watched some older classics I found on sale on Amazon (which otherwise seems to have turned a bit shit - almost everything on there now costs money or is part of a separate subscription):
    • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - with Alec Guiness from the 1970s
    • Smiley's People - sequel series to the above
    • Edge of Darkness - one of the best thrillers ever
    • State of Play
    Hated Reacher season 2 - such a let down after season 1, haven't even bothered to finish it - I hope they drop the rest of the crew for any future series and he goes back to flying solo.

13. abyzmul

I like Severance a lot. Couldn't get through Ep1 of Foundation. The entire production put me off.

14. abyzmul

Yes, there are a parade of plot holes, mainly involving the police. Still entertaining, but a huge helping of suspension of disbelief is required.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

There are a few bits of questionable casting and some unnecessary changes to characters but once I got past that I really enjoyed it - it helped that I'd read the books a really long time ago so the changes weren't quite so jarring and having watched Chernobyl I just though Jared Harris was so good in it that having him as Harry Seldon got me over the hump.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention until I just got reminded in the post above - if you haven't watched Chernobyl then try to seek it out - it is one of the best series I have ever seen, just incredible and even more so as it is a true story - I am of an age when I can still remember people wondering if it was safe to play outside due to the radiation getting blown across Europe from the site - kind of nuts that now all you see is Youtubers trying to wonder around the exclusion zone.

abyzmul likes this.
  17. abyzmul

I am up to episode 6 of Gyeongseong Creature (Netflix). The first few episodes and also the main character and really typical South Korean cheese, but it is turning out to be really good,. There is a standard amount of gore but the simplistic plot is executed well and the actors are really good. It takes place during the Japanese occupation.

Right now 8 out of 10 if you're familiar with Korean cinema. A little less if you're not. Bit of an acquired taste in my experience. .

#497 abyzmul, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  18. Sundayjack

Both Colombian. Which is really hot, if you're willing to risk waking up in the middle of the night with an angry Latina hovering over you with a carving fork.

abyzmul likes this.
  19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Watched ICEMAN on Amazon Prime. It's about cavemen, very cool movie.
    Fuck Jeff Bezos though.

20. abyzmul

Most of the time I don't care about these ultra rich D-bags, but I definitely would feel pleasure watching Jeff Bezos take a physical beating.He just seems like a total dickless power monger.

barfolomew likes this.