The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I watched to first season (and liked it) before I played Witcher 3 and then tried bingeing the rest and it was just weird.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm rewatching the Sopranos. It's been years since I've watched it. It hasn't aged at all. One of the best series ever produced. So many great characters.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There's a new show on Discovery called Survive the Raft. It airs on Sunday nights but also on the streaming apps.

Anyway, its pretty cool, it is kinda like Survivor but that has gotten tired so this is a fresher take on that style. There are some hotties and they swim around in thong bikinis FYI

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Thx for mentioning this--I would never had watched otherwise--up to episode 6 and its a great story--still have to fast-forward a few parts tho

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. The first two seasons were such utter trash. Why did it take them this long to do it right?

IDFjet likes this.
  6. abyzmul

I was pretty impressed with The Umbrella Academy from start to finish. The final couple of episodes were a little hokey, but that seems to happen with the good shows. The whole production was pretty great. The crap in the last season where Ellen Page forced them to write in her transition was ham-handed, but whatever.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Killing It on Hulu is decent. Not super funny, but there were some funny ideas like Gamescon like expo for Chads.

One Piece has me interested in watching more. I watched the first 2 episodes, it has charm but also the same stuff you see in these Anime turned live action shows... Questionable choreography and feels like a B movie. But if you nail B movie it's usually pretty awesome. Can't say it's done that yet. I have not watched the original Anime.

#407 JackBower, Sep 1, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
  8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

So without even knowing it was a prequel to Yellowstone, I watched 1923 on Netflix. I thought it was outstanding. I then watched 1883, which was also very good.

Needless to say I am now watching Yellowstone on Peacock. I am 5 episodes into season 1.

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Not your typical 2023 streaming option, but I’ve been occasionally watching reruns of News Radio. Interesting to see Joe Rogan back in his early years. Tough to be reminded how Phil Hartman was deleted by a coked-out cunt before we tapped all his funny. I’ll say it a million times and it will keep being true - people always do murder-suicide in the wrong order.

barfolomew, abyzmul and joe like this.
  10. abyzmul

I watched the first season of One Piece and was amazed. Really solid acting and crazy good special effects, you could tell the budget was enormous. I did have to struggle through some very anime moments, but overall a really cool show.

I think I'm going to re-watch some episodes on psilocybin.

11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I watched "In the Name of the Rose" on Amazon Prime. Starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater. Based on an Umberto Ecco novel. Mid 80's film, really good.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Lioness" was pretty good too. Too bad it was only 8 episodes.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. abyzmul

I just finished it, I thought it was great for the most part. Who knew that Steven Yeun could really act? Ali Wong doesn't disappoint. Solid show.

Savatage and barfolomew like this.
  14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It actually motivated me to watch the anime, but if you thought DBZ had filler episodes, holy shit. I usually put it on the background.

The live action was definitely good.

barfolomew and abyzmul like this.
  15. barfolomew

Started watching MEG 2: The Trench with Jason Statham. Only saw the first 10 or so minutes, but seems fun and I will watch the rest. I didn't see the first one, but somehow I don't think that will hinder me from understanding the plot.

16. abyzmul

I heard it was a money grab.

barfolomew likes this.
  17. barfolomew

oh totally, complete trash but fun trash

18. abyzmul

Yes I wasn't being earnest, I was just making fun of Cman. Jason Statham has a black belt in money-grabbing.

Edit: like that scene in Bloodsport where Van Damme takes the coin and leaves change in the guys hand. Except Statham takes the coin and leaves nothing except an ATM receipt showing your bank account is now empty.

19. abyzmul

I didn't know they made a movie of Lords of Chaos, and went into it not expecting anything. It really surprised me, it felt really authentic. It's about the group responsible for the church burnings and murders in Norway in the early 90s Black metal scene. (Prime)

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just watched The Burial on Netflix. Pretty good, of course they over play the courtroom drama they would never get away with in real life but good story overall.