The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure we would have plenty to talk about, but those that love to call people those terms wouldn't have much to say ...

But I thought it was the "suckchez fans" that don't know football ...

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't act anything of the sort. And you were the one to get personal. I think you should take the rest of the afternoon off and cool down. Your whining sounds foolish.

3. Big Blocker

I see a message board alliance!

Too funny.

Legler,

I thought you understood I was joking. I guess I overestimated your intelligence.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

First of all, I don't even like Cutler. I would never give him a bloated contract and ask him to be the franchise quarterback, but having made that abundantly clear, the notion that he isn't a better player than Sanchez is simply laughable and does great disservice to the bounds of sanity.

And you always miss the point on individual statistics. It's not just that cutler clearly has better individual statistics. It's that when you watch him play, he appears to be a much better player than Sanchez ever was . . . and guess what, his stats just happen to support that notion. First and foremost, it's always the eye test . . . and Sanchez fails it . . . miserably. His embarrassingly poor individual merits just highlight what our eyes have long told us - he sucks.

5. Big Blocker

slimjasi,

I understand your frustration and your position. But for myself the only limiting factor in the benefits I realize by having put junc on ignore long ago is when other posters quote him.

He is a Sophist. He doesn't really debate here. I knew that a long time ago.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The joke went completely over my head. Maybe football isn't the only thing we are clueless about:eek:hmy:

7. slimjasi

If Sanchez was the quarterback of that 2010 Bears team, they probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs. You really need a reality check when it comes to Mark. Serious question - Do you watch other games besides Jet games? Sometimes I get the feeling that you have never watched a good quarterback play football . . . The Jets have had one of the worst quarterbacks in the league now, for YEARS, and your hero holds the single most culpability for that reality.

8. slimjasi

Heh - I enjoy it. It doesn't bother me. I get amused by people who go out of their way to defend the indefensible. It fascinates me. I don't get frustrated by junc . . . I enjoy highlighting his perpetual absurdity. It's hilarious to me. Because at the end of the day, people are reading everything and drawing their own conclusions. We all watch the Jets. We've all watched Mark play. Junc isn't fooling anyone.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yeah, they wouldn't have been able to beat the 7-9 seahawks at home in the div rd:rofl:

if you are trying to tell me Cutler is good then I question whether you have watched a good QB play. Mark was never great but he was good for us until 2012, Imagine Cutler w/ what we had last year- he would have thrown 30+ INTs.

Cutler is the ultimate tease, he has an all time great arm so people think he is better than he is. He will make some tremendous plays and fool people but he can't keep it up.

You will never win anything w/ Jay Cutler.

10. nyjunc

I don't try to fool anyone, I am not an average fan so I won't have average thoughts. That is the way I like it, I could be like the majority and think mark sucked b/c of certain #s or think other QBs are good b/c of certain #s but I watch and understand the game. I am different than most.

11. nyjunc

stop talking about me, if you are too gutless to debate me then don't talk about me. You are one of the worst posters on this site and contribute very little besides whining.

12. slimjasi

1) Virtually all of Mark's numbers suck, not just "Certain" ones.

2) How about just thinking he sucks because you have eyes?

13. slimjasi

1) Apparently, you haven't actually read much of what I wrote.

2) And you have been trying to tell this board that Mark Sanchez is a good NFL quarterback for years now. The irony.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Most of us who realize that Sanchez sucks have come to that conclusion by watching him play, and then we go to the stats.

I'm pretty sure Slimjasi said this several times already. Did you not see?

Maybe you're not crazy or mentally challenged; maybe you just need your eyes checked?

15. nyjunc

I have eyes and know what I watching, that is how I know Mark doesn't suck and Jay Cutler does. It's hard to see w/o a stat sheet.

I understand Mark is gone, it's disappointing to me but I have accepted it, but of all the possible QBs folks want Jay Cutler? These are folks that have never seen him play other than a game here or there or have seen highlights of some impressive throws. You couldn't hand pick a worse QB to come to NY than Jay Cutler and we want to spend big to get him. Just comical.

Put all the Mark stuff aside and focus on Jay, it's asinine to want him to come here.

16. nyjunc

Maybe my eyes know what they are seeing? the guy has one bad year in 4 years and we throw him away. This is why we suck, jet fans deserve it.

17. slimjasi

Again, I'm not a Cutler guy and I think giving him an enormous contract to come to New York would be a mistake . . . but it's infinitely more asinine to pretend that we would be better of with Mark Sanchez (one of the worst quarterbacks in the league) than Cutler (a prototypical, middle of the pack guy). It just is.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol ok. Whatever makes you feel better at night. Seems to me you can't let Sanchez go because you immediately brought him back into the discussion when I was talking about Jay Cutler

19. slimjasi

Haha, one bad year. Comical.

20. nyjunc

There's no doubt we'd be better w/ mark than Jay. mark was only one of the worst for one season, imagine Cutler throwing to Schilens and company behind that OL. any QB would have failed for us last year.