The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mark [size=+1] - [/size] PANA[size=+1]V[/size]ISION [size=+1] - [/size] Sanchez

[​IMG]

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The defense on this team has enough upside that a decent starting QB can get this team challenging for the playoffs. Tom Brady keeps aging, the Bills underperforming, and the Dolphins are average. There is no next year in football. For every year you think going in well next year is the year is a lost year. Guys get hurt, guys under perform, other teams improve...you need to take advantage of every opportunity. 2014 is about getting the skill positions on this team improved for a QB to succeed in NY.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jets D is at best a middle of the pack unit right now. I suspect the only players from this years team in the secondary is going to be Milliner, Wilson and Allen.

This year was about cleaning house and having a draft with Tannenbaums scouts. Next year is a big reload in the draft with some FA's coming on board. We can compete but chances are a ton of new rookies and new players on both sides of the ball is going to take a full year to gell into something that resembles a quality football team.

Don't get me wrong there are many teams that aren't good that can and will compete for a playoff spot and the Jets might take a huge jump next year. I think next year is about re-loading and the following year is really when we will have an opportunity to field a good quality team.

This team is challenging for a playoff spot. I think that's more of an indication of how bad the league is and not how good this team is.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

And that's why the Jets should get Jay Cutler.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Interesting stat on Geno when he has rushed for 14 or more yards we are 6-1. When he is decisive, doesn't sit back there patting the ball and/or running backwards, the team is much better.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Everyone seems to believe the Jets have a chance at Cutler. You ready to get into a bidding war with the Titans? I am not over paying for his services

If I'm Cutler, Titans look much more attractive. Proven weapons on the outside

7. legler82

You must be a Suckchez lover!

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

HAHHAHAHAHA....

that is some funny shit - the zebra was in the way!!

wait a sek - is that s. hill back there?? - wouldnt have mattered, dropsy.

9. jilozzo

well they tried to draft him a few years ago and if woody puts his money where his mouth is - its a possibility - would clearly generate headlines and him and RR would make a darling pair with the media.

i dont think the current GM would endorse it but who knows.

10. 101GangGreen101

Fuck out of here with that bullshit its called being a realist

11. jilozzo

dont u know realists are becoming an endangered species...:smile:

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

a picture doesn't tell you everything, should he have seen him? sure but a ref was in his vision as was a player and another ref and the goalpost were kind of hiding him too.

mark was terrible last year.

13. Big Blocker

Damn, beat me to it.

14. Big Blocker

I'll tell you what being a realist means. It means realizing that if Mark Sanchez is the Jets' starting Qb on opening day next year, then the least likely and worst scenario that can possibly be considered at this point would have come to pass.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It means we will be better in 2014 than we have been in 2013.

16. 101GangGreen101

Hello McFly? Anyone up there? Think McFly! What does Mark Sanchez have anything to do with Jay Cutler? Just because I said Cutler isn't coming here doesn't make Mark the starter of this team. You thinking that Jay Cutler has a chance of coming here sure as hell doesn't make you a realist. :rofl:

17. Big Blocker

I don't see the need for the insults. I think i am a reasonably credible poster here. I certainly try to be, and the rules of the board have led me to change my own posting style, and limit personal insults. I try to stay on the substance of the discussion.

I was responding to those who point out, which i never disagreed with, that there would be difficulties involved in bringing Cutler to the team. But I also believe SOME of those who argue the difficulties are insurmountable would be happy if Sanchez is the starter next year.

So, you want to talk about realistic? It is more realistic to think that Brett Favre would come out of retirement, and come back to the Jets, than to think it will happen AND it would be a good thing to have Mark Sanchez be the starting Jet Qb on Opening Day 2014.

And since that is true, it is certainly more realistic to talk about Cutler.

18. 101GangGreen101

I am not insulting you, I am only asking you to think. Were you not going to call me a "suckchez" defender before legler82 went and said it? Even though, I said nothing about Mark Sanchez? Don't act like the innocent bystander.

I am not happy with Mark nor Geno as our starting QB. Cutler will not be coming here so we can end the conversation with that.

If I am Cutler, the idea of returning to TN with Justin Hunter, Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Chris Johnson and Delanie Walker are far more intriguing then going to the Jets with ???, ???, and ??? at the Wide Receiver and Tight end position. Let's be serious.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really dont understand what prompted the sanchez lover post, i hope it doesnt catch fire because this has been a decent thread.

i think cutler is a bad idea as well. he has many many many issues and while he tends to throw for alot of yards he does not impress me as a qb or leader. ill pass on his ass.

20. legler82

I was being sarcastic as some of you are so predictable, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.