The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm not a Geno fan but this is just a weird question. A "signature throw"? What was Vinnie T's "signature throw"?

The best throw he made all year was the TD in the back of the endzone @Atlanta IMO. I think it was to Winslow.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Was that a throw that made you think "boy we may have something here with Geno"? Up until recent history, all you had to hold on to with young QBs was those "flashes" of brilliance as for the most part they struggled. Aside for his running which at times have been great, I've had a hard time identifying those "flashes" with Geno. Signature throw was probably the wrong choice of words.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Who's fault is it that for the most part fantasy numbers coincides with good play?

4. legler82

The throw he made to Cumberland in garbage time of the Titans game was pretty impressive. I just wish it wasn't at garbage time.

5. legler82

...and for the most part good play coincides with good coaching, good schemes, good supporting cast...etc...etc.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

but that isn't true, I guarantee you most fans think Andrew Luck was great on Sunday and that it was the D who blew it. #s tell PART of the story

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I don't want to get caught up in this silly argument but I will point out that when you are making declarative statements, you're also the one, both here and over at JI, that declared dozens and dozens and dozens of times ad nauseum that Sanchez (i) would be cut at the end of last year, (ii) would be cut February 1, (iii) would be cut immediately after the draft, (iv) would be cut June 1, (v) would be cut before training camp, (vi) would be cut before the first preseason game, (vii) would never wear a Jet uniform ever for the Jets again, even in preseason, (viii) wouldn't ever play for the Jets again even in a preseason game, (ix) would be immediately IR'd after he got injured, (x) would be cut during the season.

I'm not sure why you continue the need to shit all over a current Jet, but hey, that's the fan you've always been and I guess that's what you'll always be. I thought you were changing, I guess not.

Stay classy sG3.

_

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Favre was doing fine until he hurt his arm. The O was doing very nicely. Holmes is a wide receiver who has played poorly his entire Jets career which was essentially built on one catch in the SB. A malcontent who was kicked off the Steelers isn't a credible argument.

I got no problem with the typical Sanchez apologist making excuses for Sanchez's poor play. Geno actually has an excuse, he's a rookie on a bad team. That excuse won't fly for long. It didn't for Sanchez and it won't for Geno. He has a short window, maybe another year to show he has the goods.

9. nyjunc

Favre was doing awesome getting outdueled by the likes of Jamarcus Russell, Matt Cassell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Shaun Hill, etc...before he got hurt.

Holmes didn't have any big catches for the Jets from 2010-2012:rofl:

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My opinion on the Jets QB situation does not make me a Sanchez apologist. That is as dumb as it gets.

11. The 1985er

And there are good players that plays well despite shit coaching Chrebet is one example. And bad players that has good coaching, schemes, supporting cast but that doesn't make that player better.

So everybody that puts up "fantasy numbers" might not really be playing good? Numbers gives us a barometer to judge a player. Of course numbers don't tell the whole story, but it gives you an idea about a player.

#6611 The 1985er, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Who said it did? I was responding to your poor excuse for deflecting any blame on Sanchez for Shotty being fired when the Jets collapsed down the stretch in 2011 and Sanchez played like shit.

Did I miss something?

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sanchez Fans were always blaming Schotty for EVERY shortcoming that involved Sanchez. I am surprised they did not go so far as to blame Schotty for the hot dog eating, the white jeans wearing, the stupid "answers" at the post game pressers.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yes, you missed a lot. The fact that, I did not blame Schotty for ALL of Mark Sanchez's shortcomings.

Yes, there are more than one factor that plays a role.

15. nyjunc

They give you an idea but you have to dig deeper and see how the #s were accumulated before you can give a somewhat real evaluation.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hey if the shoe doesn't fit don't wear it. Apparently we agree Mark has shortcomings that can't just be foisted on other people.

The Jets invested a ton in Sanchez. Shotty was canned to give him another year and when that didn't work out Tannenbaum was shit canned. Both of them are gone in large part because of Sanchez's play.

The one thing Idzik knew going in was he wasn't going to let Mark Sanchez get him shit canned. I suspect he won't have as long a hook with Geno either for the same reason. Idzik has until 2015 to start fielding a consistently good team. He isn't going to lock himself into a substandard QB at a grossly inflated price.

17. Mitch_Dumstein

You don't want to get caught up but then you post a long and fully annotated legal brief that gets you totally caught up.

As far as your no shitting on a current Jet rule, I read your 42 posts after last Sundays game shitting on Geno Smith.

You needn't respond with another legal diatribe since I've taken the sage advice of my counselor Kentucky Jet and will be ignoring any of your additional efforts.

In short, done with you

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

18. legler82

Just like you, I said "for the most part". Chrebet as far as I know never threw the ball to himself and I'm sure someone had to give the schmuck throwing him the ball some time to throw. Football is the one sport that's pretty hard to do well in without some kind of help. All that said; Mark Sanchez was God awful last year if that's what all this about.

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm not getting into this stupid useless argument about Sanchez versus Geno.

But I have never shit on Geno, I've given him props when due but I've been critical when warranted. He just came off of one of the worst 5 games stretches in the history of the league and almost threw 3 more picks against Oakland, being brutally critical is far from shitting on him, not the way you and that redneck continuously shit on a current Jet.

But hey, you two are one and the same. One note bullshiters. Congrats, sG3, you seem to be happy with that. No wonder you've been banned here under your prior username (which is probably a violation of the TOS) AND at JI. Buy a clue.

_

20. The 1985er

You're arguing a point no one is arguing against.