The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

how was he an above average QB when the highest he ever ranked was 23 out of 32 players?

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Not sure this is totally Rex's decision. But if it is it parallels last year's stubbornness by Rex about sticking with Mark and that dumb mantra of his, "Mark gives us the best chance to win." Christ all mighty, Geno is even worse than Mark! How can you get a Qbr under ten.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I saw that on Cimini's feed saying the QB coach said he will start. I think Smith is just bringing down the entire team. Even Klecko said it in the postgame. There comes a time when you keep going to a player and other guys are just sitting back going are you kidding me? SMith starting the defense and offense know they have no shot...why have passion and lay your body on the line for a QB that is not a leader and can't put points on the board?

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he has managed it more than once this season I believe.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

stop worrying about rankings, be better than that. tannehill had 300+ yds and a 94 rating yesterday- looks great on a stat sheet but the reality is he was not very good and left a ton of points on the field. Mark had ONE bad season in 4 years w/ talent worse than we have now and Sparano running the show and yet he was still much better than geno.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

They didn't bother to do anything to help out Matt Simms so they didn't help Simms cause of starting.

They had Simms come in down 6-0 and they still didn't move the ball.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I agree the team does not play well with Geno. They need a change at Qb because the linemen, etc. have to think they have a chance to win. And the way Geno looks they are so abysmal there is no chance to be successful on offense. The org might be willing to throw away this season but as a fan I'm not. I hold Idzik responsible for this if Geno starts and it's the same old thing.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The problem is who else do they have? we saw the spark Simms provided yesterday. Our problems run much deeper than just the QB.

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Lets build around Sanchez Bro

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

saying some is better than Geno is not saying much - I am not a Sanchez hater but the guy showed very little in the time he was here and towards the end was just spent - he was never even close to being an above average NFL starter. He might have been on another team with better support and better coaching - but here - no.

11. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I absolutely refuse to watch another game as long as Geno is the starter(I did not watch the Dolphins game). If this is in fact Rex's decision and not Idzik's, he absolutely should be fired. An organization that is not dedicated to wining does not deserve our support. There are better things to do on a Sunday afternoon than watch a team that clearly is not putting the best possible product on the field. We all deserve better. If Simms had been allowed to practice with the first team last week we might still be in the playoff hunt, but we will never know. This week is just a confirmation that this team has flushed the season down the toilet. Geno sucks but whoever is pulling the trigger to start him sucks even more.

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I did watch the Fins game with the logical assumption that Simms would start.

I will also find something better to do this Sunday.

13. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

everyone needs to read this

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I said that Sanchez is better than Geno but that's not saying anything. Geno has some of the worst Qb stats in the NFL of all time. Don't want Mark back. That's a losing proposition. I'm sure Mark's fans will never give up. They'd take Mark starting over the team winning. But to me starting Geno shows the organization does not care about winning this season. They care more about developing Geno and they are developing him: he's worse now than he was 3 months ago.

15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Rex knows he needs to win to keep his job, so he's going to go with whomever he thinks is the better player. Unlike us, he watches both in practice every day, and if Geno is starting, it's because Geno is better. I know he's looked awful recently but it's not like Simms even looked decent against the Dolphins - he was also very bad.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Practice is nothing if you can't perform on gameday. Some guys are totally flat when the chips are not on the table but they can light it up on Sundays. So I don't care what Geno does in practice when he is totally out of the loop when it counts. This is not just a little slump by Geno he is just not an NFL quarterback at least at this stage of his career. They never I think really wanted to start him and refused to name him the starter even after Mark went down and Garrard "retired."

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Actually this was probably Idzik's call. Even if it was a case of Ryan doing what he thinks Idzik wants, it is still Idzik's call. I think.

It just doesn't make sense that in another home game wheree there is no reason whatsoever to expect a turnaround in his performance to start Smith again. at best he will need an off season with some real work on his fundamentals to get him to a place where he might compete. More of the same now will not help Smith.

The only person who might want to play Smith now is Idzik since with Smith sucking he's got 2 out of his first three picks who blow chunks.

18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Simms security blanket is Greg frickin Salas.

Perhaps Geno needs to read this post.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If Geno plays this poorly it will be hard for him to be even on this roster in the future. He might be around as a number 3 next season but I can't see him starting but you never know with the crazy Jets. As for Milliner he will be around and on the roster and probably as a starter because he does have the talent to play at corner and probably will improve. If not they will either change his position or like Kyle Wilson another guy who can't cover just use him in nickel packages, etc. I have a lot more faith in Milliner than I do Geno.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Give simms a week playing with the starters in practice. The fumble with Powell was obviously a situation of no practice together. Let the guy get some reps and see how he does.

Smith should sit and watch the rest of the season because he is on an epic tear of futility. Tebow like passing numbers would be an improvement -- at least Tebow could run.