The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Geno Dee and sheldon are the future of this franchise those 3 picks gonna work great for us trust.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

This franchise would be a bigger joke than the Browns if we benched Smith without definite reason, for Simms. You want the circus back in town? That sure as hell is quickest road to cirque du soleil.

The entire organization would be banking on Simms to absolutely lighting it up. If his play is even mediocre, there's no way this franchise isnt looked at as a joke. We may not have a lot invested in Geno Smith monetarily, but draft picks are extremely important, especially high ones. Try coming up with an excuse for benching a high draft pick after playing like a rookie with THE worst supporting cast in the NFL, for an UDFA that played pretty well in the 4th preseason game.

Imagine if Seattle benched Russell Wilson after his 5th game, where he had more turnovers than TDs in 3 of those games.

Who knows, Geno could in fact suck, and Matt Simms may be the next Kurt Warner, but there's no way this organization can justify a switch at QB any time soon barring multiple weeks of train wreck play or an injury. Its concerning that some would even support that move. At least Rex does not have that same train of thought- a guy who has seen Simms practice every single day. The worst part IMO, is that Smith has even been bad. He's certainly showed a lot of things to like, and at times has mad some poor decisions or throws. Those positives have certainly out numbered the negatives.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I totally agree with you, actually. If Geno plays well, there reason to see if anyone else is good.

4. abyzmul

Hi there, little guy.

You seem like you want people to think you know football.

Do you have anything resembling a cogent argument, or should I just write you off as a pretender? Because, so far, you offer nothing to the community.

Be prompt with your response, new guys don't warrant waiting time.

5. abyzmul

He can always replay it in his head like be did.

6. abyzmul

Thank you, Stokesy. The line in the sand is where it is at.

And if I were a young man, I wouldn't have to wipe my ass every other time I farted.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe, very true. heres to hoping i am not in fact an internet dork.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. abyzmul

Hey fella, you're going to have to make a tough choice. You can either be my fan or junc's fan.

Being a fan of two people is just perverse.

10. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Simms is never going to play, unless there are injuries.

#3330 chris5533, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Still skeptical about Geno

need to see more

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't flatter yerself.

While my boy Hobbes may be MIA...he's #1 in my heart.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Do you know where the Giants D ranks in points allowed so far? Here's a hint there are 32 teams in the NFL and they rank last.

Sink or swim is one way to teach a child to swim. Of course you have to be prepared to kill a few children if that's your preferred method.

14. TB284

TB284 New Member

The Giants have also allowed three defensive/special teams touchdowns compared to the Eagles one. They're only allowing 0.03 points per drive more than Philadelphia, despite all of the non-offensive touchdowns and short fields they've faced because of turnovers; they've had some luck on turnovers in the red zone, but they've given the ball away 10 times in two games, versus 7 times in three games for Philly, leading to some of the worst starting field position in the league. Plus, playing against Phillip Rivers is totally the same as playing against Peyton Manning.

Who wants to allow facts to get in the way of a good narrative, though? I'd imagine Matt Simms wouldn't, a good narrative is all he's got going for him.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Facts? How good has Geno been in 2 games? We aren't talking about a rookie who the Jets are highly invested in who is a can't miss. This is a cheaper option then Clemens.

No reason not to play both of them and see what we have. The Jets probably are going to being drafting QB's for the next couple of years.

The Giants secondary sucks right now and the D Line isn't exactly the SB line, plus it was preseason the don't give a shit factor is very much in play. The fact is Geno and Simms haven't proven squat at the NFL level. No reason not to see what both of them have.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Simms its not better then Geno and we are 1-1 why throw away a season exploring if Simms can play or not

17. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Did anybody miss the fact that the Jet Recivers Dropped 6 passes fumbled others and should have put the team in a position to win. They dropped passes on the numbers.
    The receivers they have should not even be in the league!

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Geno isn't taking the Jets anywhere this season. I don't know if Simms is better than Geno or if he sucks. I don't know if Geno sucks. I want to find out. We're rebuilding it's a good year to find out. If it turns out our D is capable of taking us to the playoffs with a sucky QB they will take us with Simms or Geno.

19. abyzmul

Agreed. The only reason that Smith is being regarded so well by Jets fans is that there is no believable incumbent.

He has never played in this offense and has a ton of question marks.

The Jets shouldn't be selling out the next 3 seasons on a project under center.

If they really want competition at all positions, Simms should not only be in the discussion, but also be getting some snaps with the ones in practice.

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  20. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he does takes snaps with the ones if Geno continues to turn the ball over this week. As much as fans think this is a rebuilding year Rex and co. are clearly trying to win now.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2