The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I honestly feel this more political than about football, they want Sanchez out and this all but puts a boot under his ass.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe, but I'd hope that if the push was coming from Idzik it would be more about the future than about just throwing his weight around. Chez is obviously not a Jet next year.

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i was hoping for the jets to bury sanchez and let simms or mcelroy start for a few games while geno watched-and-learned, so to speak. then geno could be eased in as-and-when needed/ready. i got the first part, i guess...so i can't complain too much. and i'll hope the coaching staff is correct that geno's ready. big 'if' though, i think. i hope his development isn't hindered and his health can stay intact.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Its funny how every fan thinks they have come to this conclusion after watching 3 quarters of preseason play, instead of trusting two authorities in Marty and Lee who have seen Geno all throughout camp and in the class room.

It seems as though that when the coaching staff went back and looked at the tape of those 3 quarters, they didnt come to the conclusion that many here have seem to come to.

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If the Jets start Geno, it's quite obvious that they are in panic button mode....he is simply not ready to take the helm....what better ( and most unfortunate way ) to prove this than to play an up and coming team like the Bucs.

But I really have to question the Jets decision on this ...all Geno has shown in what games we've seen is his inability to make the right decisions and throw errant passes.

Does Idzig think he has a 'Seattle' moment here?

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Or maybe they are embracing rebuild mode?

7. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I wish Geno well. I never liked the pick and I personally don't think he will do much for the Jets or in the NFL. I thought that Barkley was the better pick. Nonetheless, Simms looks more ready to me and if there was an actual competition in the preseason, he won it. He should start.

8. gustoonarmy

Sarcasm?
    Well as a fan I have no pressure on who or what I think, and yes I know I'm not a pro OC or QB coach, but still have an opinion of someone who's been watching football for 25 years.

Geno is talented, no doubts , NFL talented??? Who knows because all we have seen is TC and a nano second of pre season, THATS a good basis to play him from the start? Ha ha , ridiculous.

9. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

it was one game man... let's give em a shot in one that matters before declaring this

10. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Matt Simms IS the best option to lead the team, nacho could hold the clipboard & signal in the plays from the sidelines.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

I understand you can have your opinion here. Everyone can, but the coaches have seen him day in and day out for the last 3 months. They know 100% more than we do. If they think he is capable, then at least give the kid a chance.

Fans here tend to overreact. Simms plays well so in turn- "START HIM!!!". Geno has a few turnovers in his first real action during the preseason- "he's obviously not ready and could be a bust".

If Geno sucks and proves he isnt ready during the first week or 2, then at least we will know for sure, instead of inferring off of a few quarters of a meaningless football game where there is limited game planning.

12. gustoonarmy

'That game' you're referring too, he didn't look that impressive. He was hampered by stupid penalties by still looked like a dear in head lamps , he is not ready, but will hope that he learns quickly and his team mates do everything they can to help him

13. gustoonarmy

He's getting his chance, 100%.
    I however disagree that they think he's the best option to start right now, but thats their decision and as a fan stand by it, but 100% disagree with it, from what I have seen and heard from TC and pre-season.

I started this thread and made it clear that it isn't about Geno Vs _____ its about him being NFL ready.
    The risk is if he isn't, how well he copes with it, is that a risk worth taking?

14. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The game against the Giants was all I need to realize , and I felt sure about this before he played them, was that Smith is not at all ready to be given the helm to start the 2103 season.

If people feel that we should all just trust the mgmnt for knowing more than we do, then wht the f#$k has been taking place the last 40+ years to warrant their trust?

Dam the day that I have to sit in my couch and say "yeah that QB looked like dog turd, but the organization knows better than me"....give me freakin a break..

I've been watching football for nearly 45 years and I have more faith in my judgement in whether or not a rookie is ready to lead a team , or not. and Geno is not ready.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

While he made rookie mistakes he really wasn't that bad. He made a lot of good plays as well. While I'm not completely comfortable with Geno starting, I don't think he's gonna be terrible at all, he may end up being a pleasant surprise.

16. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

No. He isn't ready. If preseason tells you anything, it's that he isn't.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Do you people not realize that there is more to judging a QB than 3 quarters of a preseason game? Thats like "scouting" a player and watching a single game and coming to a conclusion. You just cant.

Im not saying you cant come to your own conclusion on your own, and that your conclusion is wrong if it doesnt agree with the organizations. Im saying that the organization has seen much more than we have on a rookie who 50% of this board hasnt watched a single college game of his and only 3 quarters of a preseason game. Whats so hard to grasp about that?

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

best believe if Geno gets seriously hurt during the beginning of the season, Rex will be fired on the spot. Why? Because Geno had no business being out there based on his current performance.

You rushed that ripe QB in and ruined him. Off with the head coaches head.

19. dribblegang

dribblegang New Member

If I'm Rex Ryan, I'm perhaps thinking this is a trial-by-fire learning experience for Geno. If he works out, great, good gamble. If he doesn't, sit his ass on the bench and get him to learn.

If I'm Geno Smith, I'm thinking be conservative. Manage the game. Do not try to many fancy vertical throws. Prove myself first, gain confidence. Watch plenty of Mark Sanchez video to see how not to commit mistakes. Watch Butt Fumble video 50 so as to ensure he doesn't intercept the backside of someone.

If I'm Mark Sanchez, I'm thinking, well my days with the Jets could be over if this Smith guy plays well.

If I'm McElroy or Simms, I'm thinking, can't wait for these guys to screw up. I don't want to ask my release quite yet

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It occurs to me that you start out about 80% of your posts in a similar fashion to this. Instead of generalizing the entire forum as having the same opinion, maybe you should show some sack and address the people whose opinions you disagree with.

Yeah, here's another one a few posts before this. You're actually responding to one person by addressing the entire forum.

Your posts don't seem smart enough to really lecture the entire forum.

#2460 abyzmul, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013