The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Its premature,he needs to do something to back up the bravado, but I like it. It;d be great for ads

Sanchez could use one too if he rebounds.
    BOOOOOOO!!!! Get off the stage!!!

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

only way Geno is starter is if Sanchez gets hurt.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I understand the pros are bigger and faster, but the guy wan't playing two hand touch in college.

Come on.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. Every QB in the NFL would have been great with Wayne Hunter, and then Austin Howard(with Holmes,Hill and Keller out) playing RT.

/sarcasm.

In real life, substitue No, for Every.

5. Hobbes3259

No...30pct of his offense, was...Dump it to Tayvon...and he didnt have Wayne Hunter at RT.

Not to take away from Smirh...but...playing behind RT turnstiles in consecutive Years...isnt going to help any QB.

6. Hobbes3259

Dude, he kind of ripped off the Jordan....Ive failed over and over and over again Nike Ad.

7. Hobbes3259

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ffense-article-1.1414368?pgno=1#ixzz2agfJNAih

remind me again, who said he would have fit in right away in in NE?

I guess Geno is wrong too :rofl:

(yes here comes the inevitable focus, on the word, elements)

I said, they play similar to what he did in WVa.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

No one really disputed that the systems was similar. Its when you say shit like whats in my signature that causes people to call you an idiot... As much as I like Geno, he could never come in and replace a hall of famer and make him expendable.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You said he'd make Brady expendable but needs to sit behind Sanchez

Completely different

Edit- and if you think I'm lying check the sig above me

10. Soul Rebel 212

I like the Instagram post. I think he's mentally strong enough to handle the pressure, and think he wins the job a la Russell Wilson last year. He will take his lumps like any rook, but Sanchez has always been shaky from a confidence standpoint, and I think Smith breathing down his neck won't help his cause.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Russell Wilson was shaky in his first couple games last year but then was able to play well as the season progressed. If Geno gets the start I'm anticipating that he'll be shaky (while showing promise) but he'll play good down the stretch.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I agree. Sanchez really has to screw up to lose his job in Week One.

The one Geno flaw is his fragile ego (i.e., draft day). So you can't start Geno and then pull him without starting WWIII. But you can start Sanchez and then pull him when he stinks up the field, which he'll do in good time.

That's why this year is a real tough year for Jets fans. We're going to start Stinky and then probably pull him midseason, never to return again. Geno will take over after we're 2-7 and everyone will expect miracles which of course won't happen. The whole season, as I see it, is a QB transitional season with no P/Os in the picture, IMO.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This year I've had knee surgery, and now am nursing a broken foot that occured rushing back too fast..... Doc said I'm out until September.
    At this point, I have to accept it may be time to retire.

:sad:

14. Section 227. Row 5

I maintain the Jets will decide their best game-management chances of winning will be with Sanchez, one more time and with this one last chance (of course, those choices of words won't be told to Mark). But he does have 5 years of experience, allbeit the good, the bad and the very ugly. A good running game will help both QBs, but with Ivory constantly down this is not progressing well.

But starting The Annointed But Stinky One also gives Geno the chance to hold the clipboard and observe real time action as the shit is hitting the fan... good rookie experience and time well-spent for him rather than throwing him into the blast furnace right off the bat.

My prediction is this is the way it goes down - and then Geno is inserted for good at midseason. Or maybe not, if the running game gets going well and Stinky somehow miraculously morphs into a legitimate, accurate, ball-protecting QB.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Was listening to Jamie Dukes on NFL network and he made a great point. It is almost impossible to distinguish yourself in camp at the QB position there is just not enough snaps.

The decision at the end of the day is win now or groom a QB? Win now Sanchez starts until he fails roll the dice let Geno grow for the future Geno starts. It will interesting the way the Jets go because I agree with Jamie the decision will not be based on who wins but teh direction the Jets are going for the season.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If the Jets intended on Geno watching from the sidelines then they should have came out and said that Sanchez was gonna be the starter. They can't claim that this is a competition then decide no matter what they were gonna let Sanchez start. That sends a bad message imo. The players might feel like everybody else has to earn their spot, but because Sanchez is who he is he gets a pass. That's not fair. If Geno is the better player then he should start.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not showing enough to just be names starter that's the fucking problem with him

People say Geno is coddled yet you guys think Mark is just going to get the ball week 1 only because of what exactly

Sanchez started from day 1, give Geno the same chance if he earns it

18. Section 227. Row 5

Good point, but what coaching staff doesn't want to win now? And I don't think it's quite as black and white as "Start Sanchez and win now" or "Start Geno knowing you won't win now, but that you're grooming the future."

Our DEF is going to be good this year, very good. And the other teams in our division have their problems too. So, the Jets will decide to start the best game manager and allow the rookie a little time to develop and observe.

I totally agree with your first paragraph. I attended quite a few TCs and the reps just aren't there. Especially reps with the 1s. Between all the warmups and drills and standing around, by the time they get to the actually reps with the 1's, it's all over for the day and you're like, "WTF? Is that it?"

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You can win now AND groom a QB.

Not saying the Jets are built to win now anyway, but I also don't think Sanchez gives this team a better chance to win than Smith does. Smith, by reputation protects the football much better, and he's showing it in camp. What gives you a better chance to win than protecting the football?

You can absolutely separate yourself in camp, Dukes is wrong. If they weren't giving equal duty with the 1s and 2s to the QBs he might have a point, but since they are then its definitely possible to separate oneself. I personally didn't think Smith would win the job in preseason, but the fact that not only is he NOT behind Sanchez and even been more impressive in some ways- leads me to believe he's going to win this competition.

20. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Cimini is crowing for Geno in his latest article, and using Rex quotes and anonymous team members to support it.

If the media gets behind Geno and they start MS, it will be spun as Rex trying to save him job or that Rex still pulls the strings etc.

I hope MS improves in camp just so whatever QB choice happens doesn't give media fodder.