The Forgotten Man: Patrick Ramsey

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kinghenry89, Apr 30, 2006.

1. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I agree Ramsey will be the starter. If he does good this year we should just cut Chad and let Kellen Clemens be the backup and Franchise Ramsey for another season since this is the last year of his deal then let Ramsey walk and hand it over to Kellen Clemens.

2. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

I was one of the people that felt the strongest about not getting him from wash. because I didn't think he was a long term solution. With that being said though it doesn't look like penny will be ready for the start of the regular season and even if he was i don't think he would be that effective if he was the starter. To me at least it seems like ramsey will get his wish of starting for a team and will have to make the best of this opportunity and showcase his skills (if he truly has them) this coming season. As much as I don't like the guy I think he will work his ass off because he knows that this is his best chance to get another job elsewhere since it looks like whoever the qb is in 06 is only keeping the seat warm for clemens in 07. For us am looking at this as a win/win, besides our qb situation looks 10x better than last year.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Danny Snyder drafted Patrick Ramsey as one of his special projects well before Gibbs came back to football. Needless to say, it never worked out. Gibbs never had any intention of giving Ramsey a fair shot at the job. He always said "Patrick's my guy" and yet everyone in DC, fans and media, knew that this was so not true.

Regardless, Ramsey has a cannon arm, and can take a hit and then some. His big problem was making something out of nothing. He seemed to force throws and take sacks instead of making wise decisions.

Hopefully with some tutelage under Schottenheimer, his decision making will improve.