The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

The static board on rt 80 will be up until December 17th and the digital boards will be up until the end of the year.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

FBB

You are taking a lot of heat here yet keep answering questions in a respectful manner. Kudos to you really.

PS: I still think what you guys are doing is wrong and I still want one of those fire idzik shirts for free (Size 3XL) :)

3. fireidzik_billboard

We have absolutely no problem with any other Jets fans. We recognize and respect the fact that some don't agree with what we are doing.

We have also made a point to respond to every email - social media request - non-television media request (except for Manish)... Besides foolishly allowing myself to get sucked in to some back and forth in this thread (regretfully) because of the personal attacks, lies and threats of violence against us, we have stayed true to our mission of peaceful and respectful protest.

That said - happy thanksgiving to all. Even Junc! Lol

Brook! and Ben Had like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Happy thanksgiving to you as well. I researched your website and read some stuff online. You guys kept your promise, spent the money as you said you would and you even donated some money. Thanks for keeping things honest and open.

Ben Had likes this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Threats of violence against you on this board? TGG people have mocked your "mission" and have taken exception to you weaseling in here solely to grub for donations. But as far physical violence goes, 'dueling de rigueur' at TGG is limited to ass-to-ass Skyping at a participating Applebees.

But, that's a TGG thing: you wouldn't understand.

Game over: just walk away Renee.

Happy Thanksgiving.

#385 joe, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  6. fireidzik_billboard

Trust me when I tell you we have gotten plenty of threats that make this one look like a compliment.

Obviously we are unfazed.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This thread has now developed a shelf life of MAYBE 2 more weeks. There's nothing here to benefit anyone. Those that hates anything that makes the franchise look bad will never accept the billboard. Those that have had enough will love it. Either way, there's nothing to gain by keeping this thread open.

If ANYTHING comes of the billboard, I'll be happy to reopen the thread. Until then, this thread has a week's worth of legs left in it before it gets shut down.

Jets69 likes this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Only Jets fans can hate on other Jets fans. Kinda embarrassed to be part of this group

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You can't tell who the Jets fans are though. Jets boards get trolled by more imposters than any other team in my opinion. Partly the two team town thing and partly a remnant of the circus that hopefully has left town for good now.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It is hard not to argue that something has not already come out of the billboard and that it has already been extremely effective. The billboard has gotten lots of media attention and it was essentially the 1st shot fired against Idzik. It has helped fuel momentum against Idzik as we have seen the recent media blitz against Idzik with the Idzik planned to fire Rex before the year story, Idzik won't let talk about his dying dad as it might give sympathetic media coverage to Rex and the Idzik forced Rex to restart Geno story all in a 2 day period. Unless the Jets play suddenly turns around one should expect the anti-Idzik media blitz just to gain more and more momentum. There is blood in the water and the NY media is relentless. The billboard was the first shot and helped bring attention and momentum to the anti-Idzik movement going on now. Whether one is for or against Idzik it would be very hard to argue that this billboard has not been extremely effective. I cannot think of any professional fan initiative protest that has been more effective than this billboard since the Saints fans started wearing bags over their heads in 1980.

Without the billboard one has to wonder if we would be seeing the anti-Idzik articles that we see now. Media people generally never voice a view unless everyone else is saying the same thing. It takes them quite awhile to come out and say it. But when other people are attacking then it gives them cover to do the same and it just builds upon itself.

#390 Noam, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  11. fireidzik_billboard

Might wanna keep this thread open for a while... I have a hunch that there may be something new to talk about Monday night..

But that is just a hunch...

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

ZA
    We'll see about that.. LIke I said, open until the end of next week unless something happens.