The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Pretty much my thoughts. Well said and Nilgun Ustundag misses you.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I think this is what is going on with the fanbase right now. Rex is still very popular and a large portion of fans (majority?) believe Rex could win if Idzik had got him a league-average QB and league-average NFL defensive backs (instead of guys who don't even belong in the league as starters). If Woody were smart, he'd fire Idzik today, promote Rex to GM and tell him (behind the scenes) "you can do anything you want, fire and hire whoever you want, draft whoever you want, but you have until the end of next season to show distinct improvement or you're out and we're replacing the whole front office." That way, if the team sucks, there's no way for Rex to escape blame.

Geno007 and Jets69 like this.
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

well said. My contention is pretty simple. You cant fire a GM after 1.5 years on the job. Its absolute lunacy

MikeSLTJ23 and FJF like this.
  4. jonnyd

Is this a joke?...........................

5. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

kind of like your post. Other fans have done this including the flybyes. Stop being such a debbie downer and you have the right to put a billboard saying such. Go ahead see how many donations you get and how long it takes to raise it....
    till then the only real embarrassments are posts like your calling people retards.
    And no I did not give money to billboards, it is called freedom of speech so deal with it or raise money to put something else up

FlaJet and NJBeliever like this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

Nope. We're not winning anything next year anyway - if Rex can get himself to the playoffs based on his own grocery shopping, he should stay. Otherwise, it gives Woody complete cover to fire everyone and no fan could legitimately be upset. It's the best of both worlds. Just get him a cap guy to work the contracts and let him do whatever he wants. That talent level on this team sucks, if he can make the playoffs with it, he deserves to be GM/Coach.

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

what is his fault is planning on patterson who has played 8 games out of 32 before signing with Jets as a replacement, going into the season with 21 million in cap space and not signing another wide receiver to help a young qb out. I say both the gm and coach goes and bradway as well

8. jonnyd

You wanna make Rex the GM/coach ya? I have a better idea...hire Reggie Dunlop as GM/player-coach

9. Unhappyjetsfan

There are plenty of coaches that serve as de-facto GM - the most obvious residing in New England. I don't care what his job title is; I just want Woody to declare he's in charge.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. jonnyd

so you want Rex Ryan to run the entire organization? May I ask you why on earth you would want that? I don't even think Rex can spell APPLE. You like drugs? I like some drugs. Maybe one day we can do drugs together

TNJet likes this.
  12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I sincerely doubt you have any clue about negative advertising like that billboard. In Woody's world that billboard represent 15 years of failure since he owned the team:mad:

13. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

15 years of failure?

Please

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

waste of time and a complete joke, blame a GM who got stuck with a hold over coach who didn't have the common sense to bench a dud QB in Geno Smith after week 4 who drafts defensive scabs year after year in the first round Coples Wilson Pryor!

but he took us to 2 AFC title games an list! BTW this defensive genius, defense gets worse every year! Lock him up another 10 years

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

obviously never followed this team prior to woodys tenure

16. Unhappyjetsfan

For a year? Sure. He literally cannot do worse. And it takes away all excuses.

17. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I just can't give Idzik a pass for his drafts. WR was one of our biggest needs this year. The 2014 draft was loaded with quality at the position. So much that a blind squirrel could have found a nut. But Idzik drafts 3 receivers and none of them can play! It makes me sick watching guys like Cooks,Bryant and Matthews tear it up while we place our hopes on a healthy Shaq Evans next year!

18. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

Seeing a billboard dedicated to getting somebody fired is both funny and sad.

Brook! likes this.
  19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I love that people posting on a Jets message board are criticizing people posting about the Jets on a billboard.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Posting my meaningless and inconsequential opinion that will make zero difference whatsoever and is advocating a course of action that is borderline lunacy is free on this message board. Maybe that part is lost on you.