The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

and thank you for your support. Because without haters like you, this wouldn't be the polarizing topic that it is. And without that, the story might have died down a bit. So pat yourself on the back. We appreciate you.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just for shits and giggles, and I know this isn't the right thread but it's too good to pass up, outline what our wide receiver situation would look like if Tanny were still here.

3. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

I stay around here because the same 4 dopes can't get enough of us.. it amuses me. And you keep the story at the top of this message board. I appreciate that. If you REALLY wanted it to go away, you would stop posting about it. But you just see an opportunity to bash something that you don't like… and you think that since YOU don't like it, it isn't relevant.

THAT is the definition of inflated sense of self worth.

4. BroadwayAaron

Yet again you prove my point. Even without your lame ass site's existence, the issue of whether or not to fire the GM would be a polarizing topic. But keep telling yourself that the organization needs you. Whatever you need to do to feel better about pissing away over $700 on a piece of vinyl.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LMAO, having junc on ignore as I am proud to say I do, I notwithstanding that obviously know who you're talking about here. Excellent point. I don't know why anyone here even thinks of taking him seriously.

Anyway, yes, the embarrassment is that it's all coming out - Idzik is destroying the franchise. I hate him.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hate to break this to you but no one cares, there isn't a huge amount of publicity. people read it and move along. it's a topic here b/c we are Jet fans but I don't discuss it at the dinner table w/ my family. I don't discuss it at work or anywhere besides here. No one cares, it's a waste of money so congrats! could have done something that made a difference in the world raising that money and instead you choose to try to get a man fired. you should be proud.

7. nyjunc

I love when our worst posters high five each other.

8. nyjunc

Mike deserves some of the blame, he went for it and got us close but we had some cap issues and he was allowing talent to leave but once cap was cleaned up(and it would have been if he stayed) he would have gone out and brought in talent for our offense again.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

why?..
    You want to stick around and serve as the proverbial dartboard suit yourself Guido.

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

:) Where do I start here? Yes, we were damn close with the team that Rex mostly inherited from the previous regime. I still believe that the Jets would have won the Super Bowl at least once in those first two years if they had an experienced QB, not a rookie. That team was loaded on both defense and offense. The only weak link was the QB - your favorite Marky Mark.
    Sanchez was decent with one of the best running attacks in the league. Once the ground and pound was gone, he got exposed. He kept getting worse and worse, and Schotty, who was supposed to develop him, paid the price first. Tanny got us in a salary cap mess with all those huge contracts (giving Sanchez that enormous extension was asinine) that accomplished nothing in the end. And now it's Rex's time to go. I believed in the guy when he arrived here but all his rah-rah talk has gotten quite old. He's a pretty good defensive coordinator and nothing more.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I have no sense of self importance. This organization needs me.

12. nyjunc

so how come w/ an experienced future Hall of Famer could they not reach the playoffs the year before Rex?

and who cares if he inherited players? they brought in a ton of key guys- Sanchez, Greene, Braylon, Holmes, Scott, Leonhard, Douglas, Slauson, Cro, Pool, etc...

The team was so loaded that w/ Brett Favre, a weaker sched, no BRady they couldn't even make the playoffs in 2008. yep, loaded.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the discussions at the junc family dinner table?

little guy: "This broccoli is horrible."
    junc: "There's nothing wrong with that broccoli. That broccoli has more nutrition than just about anything my parents ever fed me growing up."
    little guy: "It looks horrible and tastes terrible."
    junc: "You are just an average eater with no appreciation of just how bad broccoli can be. You put some condiments around that broccoli and watch out."

BeastBeach and Brook! like this.
  14. nyjunc

You aren't too far off:D we like to have healthy debates.

Brook! likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

What about Tanny's tenure here leads you to believe the cap would have been cleaned up? I mean the guy got is into one of the worst situations in the league. Who was he letting walk? Braylon Edwards? The guy who he should have kept instead of giving Holmes $10 mil a year?

And it's not like he had an eye for drafting receivers... ahem, Stephen Hill.

16. nyjunc

Braylon Edwards never did a thing in this league after we didn't re-sign him.

we were not in a good spot cap wise when he was fired but it was easily fixed knowing we had to get rid of Revis and make some other no brainer moves.

didn't do a good job drafting WRs(outside of Kerley) but did a good job signing/trading for them. in the deepest WR draft in recent memory how did we do this past draft?

I don't want my stance against billboard to confuse the fact I have issues w/ Idzik. It loos like he blew a huge draft for us but the man has only had 2 years so I am not in favor of getting rid of him.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, because keeping the status quo is working so well.

18. BroadwayAaron

Tanny did not do a good job signing/trading for WRs. Derrick Mason while letting Cotch walk? Holmes resigned for $10 mil a year? Clyde Gates? David Clowney? Laveranues Coles v2? Wallace Wright? He was not good at evaluating WRs. Not by a long shot.

19. nyjunc

Holmes and Edwards gave us our best duo since Al Toon and Rob Moore or Key and Chrebet. the talent fell off post 2010 and he gets some blame for that. we went for it and failed and had to deal w/ some cap issues.

20. BroadwayAaron

Cap issues created by no one other than himself. Tanny couldn't get out of his own way and that was his downfall. Bad decision after bad decision that hamstrung his ability to make more bad decisions.

I loved what he did up until he let Edwards and Cotch walk. Who cares what Edwards did after he left? You don't take away a young and inexperienced QB's receivers especially when the combo led to an AFC title game appearance. And the Cotch move was just completely moronic. Probably a top 3 bad decision he's ever made, right behind Sanchez's extension and drafting Hill.