The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Why are we hating on the billboard guy?

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I truly belive if we kept Mr T,Shotty,and Sanchez we would be 7-4 or better right now.There's zero stability none whatsoever.I never wanted Mr T fired there was only one losing season in his tenure

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't think there is any doubt. we tore it down foolishly, all we needed was a good draft or 2 getting some weapons on O and we would have been right back to being one of the top teams in the AFC.

4. nyjunc

b/c he embarrasses the fanbase and if he wants to raise money do it for a worthy cause.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an embarrassment at all. Why?

Money was raised by Jet fans to put up these billboards.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Saying we would be anything other than bad with Tanny here is a level below the billboards on the embarrassing scale.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The product on the field is what's embarrassing. Watching the Jets this past Monday was an embarrassment. But let's bitch at other fans instead. How could you tell another grown man / woman how to spend their own money?

8. nyjunc

it's embarrassing for people to donate money to a worthless cause like this when there are so many charities that need money that can help so many people.

Our fans are the worst, putting up a billboard accomplishes nothing.

everyone is entitled to spend their money the way they choose but I find it offensive people would waste their money to have a man lose his job. It's why we have the worst fans in sports.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the same guy who argues that fans ran his hero Mark Sanchez out of town is making the claim that a fan's billboard accomplishes nothing

10. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

Quite the contrary. This is why we have the BEST fans in sports. Passion. We care.

Maybe the fans in Jacksonville or Oakland are fine sitting back and watching this type of slop. Jets fans have the balls to stand up and say "this is unacceptable". The funny thing that we noticed is that the majority of our donors are all lower level and mezzanine PSL holders. The fans who actually spend money. Woody's "best" customers. They are fed up.

That has nothing to do with a charity. And next time you want to lecture somebody about how they spend their money, try standing on the beer line at MetLife and tell the guy spending $12 on a beer that the money would be better spent on charity. Or the guy spending $8 on a pretzel. Or take it outside of the stadium and go walk in to any restaurant in America and lecture the people eating a $48 steak that they should just eat at home and donate their meal money to charity. Or ANY other way that people decide to spend their money that you find to be "dumb". But you won't do that. Because it is absolutely RIDICULOUS to tell grown men and women how to spend their hard earned money.

And further - take this advice in to your life (since you are so happy to hand out advice of your own).. it is ok to admit when you lose an argument. It is ok to say "I am wrong". When you are proven to be a fool over and over again - and you keep trying to win, it does nothing but make you look weak and pathetic.

Ben Had likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Sanchez ran Sanchez out of town with his terrible play and lack of maturity/leadership ability. Fans had as much to do with that as they will Idzik getting fired should that be the case.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Um, because he's still here? :D

Aren't you done panhandling? Enough, we're bored Bill.

nyjunc likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Like I said earlier, this guys inflated sense of self importance is alarming. I've never seen a guy stroke himself off so hard for accomplishing absolutely nothing.

14. fireidzik_billboard

Panhandling…. is that what you call cutting off the donations 2 weeks ago and over delivering on our promise to our supporters?

15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

And so was Eric Mangini, right? Both were among the best with a below .500 record. Sure, it was better than most coaches before them. I don't know about your standards but being below .500 is mediocre at best. If mediocrity is what you accept, then sure all the people you mentioned were perfect fits for this organization. As for me, I want to see this team go all the way at least once in my lifetime and that won't be accomplished with mediocrity.

16. fireidzik_billboard

I have no sense of self importance… I feel that our movement is EXTREMELY relevant - and you haven't even seen the beginning of it yet.

17. nyjunc

"balls" haha, that's a good one. it doesn't take balls to do this.

Is it my fault you and others are foolish enough to a)buy PSLs and b)spend money on concessions? who forced you to do that? who forces you to pay money for bad food at a game?

I am not telling anyone how to spend their money but you should feel embarrassed wasting your money on something like this and stop whining about paying for tickets/food/etc... when no one has forced you to do so.

when you prove something I'll admit it, your argument is as weak as your attempt to get a man fired.

18. BroadwayAaron

Thank you for proving my point.

19. nyjunc

we were damn close w/ Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez, Schottenheimer and one by one you and the average Jet fan have wanted them gone and these are the results you deserve.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

So you are done with your billboard fundraising then?

Look you only joined here (very recently) to drum up some busine$$ for your project. Now that it's done your work here is finished. Happy trails.