The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

well after today he still owes us this year because he looses a year of service... the contract gets measured in league years.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Abdul is still cleaning the tar and feathers off his face.....from wanting Clemens to start over Sanchez midseason last year.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I've been praying daily at the house of worship, and still have faith Revis Christ will resurrect himself...and stand on the field when the dust is clear

[​IMG]

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Your keyboard to God's ears......

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Revis won't resurrect himself.....till his collection plate is passed around the Jets FO a few more times.

6. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Okay, im a little confused. Im sure this has been covered at some point in this tread, but i dont have enough time to read 90 pages...So basically if Revis doesnt report to camp today, this year doesnt count right? And if theres a lockout next year, that will be two years of not playin. Does he really think hes gonna be at the same level after two years of not playin?

Basically i see the Jets having all the power here. If he wants to sit out for the next 5 years, let him. He's just fucking up the rest of his NFL career. No one is gonna pay him shit after not playing for two years....even grandpa Al wouldnt pay him

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That's true. However, I don't see it happening. Revis is going to get a new deal eventually, and that would make all this irrelevant.

8. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

That's not true. I was a week late on my cell phone bill, and I had to spend a year in Rikers Island for it. I think Revis could potentially be looking at life.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

According to his camp Revis wants to be a Jet for life, so being a FA does not come into play.

10. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Whattttttt You two retarts are talking about Revis going to jail, lmao. As Jet fans we are starting to lose it. He is not going to jail because he is losing money.

Revis is a competitor he is going to want to go down as one of the best CBs ever. If he doesnt play this year and the lockout next year, thats two years of no football, no stats, no competition. He will feel it real bad. Its really hard to believe right now but I think he will sign with us this season. As long as it doesnt get any uglier then it already is

11. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Thank you, I wish there was an ignore button him and the other guy altoon 88 talking about Revis going to jail and jets giving more money to gholston, whattt??

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He has 3 years left on his deal, he would still be a FA after those 3 years if he reports after today. All the fines and reporting days for FA are meaningless in this situation.

13. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Florio's latest thoughts......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ge-on-early-regular-season-results/?related=1

Revis resolution could hinge on early regular-season results
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2010 8:03 AM ET
    With no end in sight to the Darrelle Revis holdout -- indeed, it would be a shock if Revis caves in the face of the August 10 deadline for preserving a year of service toward free agency -- the ultimate leverage for one side or the other will come after several games that count have been played.

If the Jets, who arguably have the highest expectations of any team in NFL history, fall into an early hole after playing the like of the Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins to start the season, significant pressure will arise to get Revis into the fold. Conversely, if they start strong, the Jets will have no reason to cave.

Think back to the 1993 Cowboys. Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith's holdout stretched into the regular season. Ultimately, he skipped the first two games: a Monday nighter in D.C. against the Redskins and the home opener against the Bills, whom the Cowboys had beaten earlier that year in the Super Bowl. Dallas lost both games, Emmitt got what he wanted, and the Cowboys became the first team to climb out of an 0-2 hole and win the Super Bowl.

If, of course, the Jets start fast, they'll have no pressure to get Revis signed. In 1997, the Redskins raced to a 3-1 record, allowing them to harden their stance against defensive tackle Sean Gilbert, who ultimately sat out the entire year.

Meanwhile, Gilbert's connection to Revis finally is getting more attention. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News takes a close look at Gilbert's role in his nephew's strategy.

And the most important quote comes from former Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly: "In Sean Gilbert's case, he actually made more money by holding out for the season."

So it's time, we believe, to seriously consider the possibility that Revis will miss all of 2010. Whether he does depends in large part on what the Jets can do without him in September.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if KW, Lowery and Cromartie hold the fort down in Revis's absence......Revis may be sitting out longer than one season.

If anything, Cromartie may get resigned before Revis because of this.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah once Gilbert signed that contract, he slowly became irrelevant, if Revis wants the $, and doesn't care about his potential Canton career then well fuck it, what a joke Revis has become, to follow a man that is no where near the player Revis could be, he should be listening to himself and his heart not his cronies that get a certain % of his contract

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This isn't a novel concept. We've been saying the same thing in this thread since day 1.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, he doesn't owe us another year, he simply loses a year of NFL eligibility that is only relevant to benefits determined by years in the NFL. another year isn't added to his contract with the Jets.

18. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

This just sucks, only the Jets

19. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Wasn't meant to be a "novel Concept", who the hell can read through almost 2000 poasts.... I was just trying to bring a little of what I found the latest, to the board for more discussion, especially with the Sean Gilbert angle which I think is way overlooked in terms of importance........, jus sayin......:shit:

20. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Personally, I would never give up a year in my prime if I wanted to be a Hall of Famer and if I wanted to be a Super Bowl champ. I think we all know who Revis is now, please stop worshipping the greedy slob. Let's move on without him and lockup Mangold who is way more important in my opinion.

And thanks Uncle Sean, you have ruined your nephew's legacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.