The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, if Revis doesn't show up by preseason week 3, I would trade him for a good #2 corner, and a 1st and a 2nd round pick. With how well Cromartie and Wilson seem to be playing, by adding a #2 corner, our secondary will be fine without Revis. This fixes the cornerback depth that people are complaining about, and we get some nice draft picks. Plus, we'll save money in order to sign Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie, Harris, Mangold, etc.

2. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Screw trading him. Let him sit for the next three years.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

This....

You don't even need a number two corner.

You need to find a guy that's better than Drew Coleman.

If that guy isn't a FA after final cuts, you can probably find one in the stands on opening day.

Giving in to these agents, in that manner hurts the Organization, and the League.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

What if he plans on showing up for week 4 of the preseason?

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he does he probably won't be ready for week 1 of the season. I'm sure there have been many changes to the defense. However, I wouldn't trade him no matter what.

6. Hobbes3259

He's a douchebag, but he starts.

I see it as he needs a couple full weeks to be ready to play on opening day.

That means he put himself before the team.

Right now..this is just negotiation (crazy negotiation considering his lack of leverage..but negotiation) but at some point, lack of preparation means he's shorting the organization (and his teammates) in spite of the contract he signed (held out for).

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't doubt their have been changes, but I think Revis' position doesn't change much when he returns. He covers the #1 receiver in man coverage 95% of the game.

8. Don

The other two guys are brand new. I'm not sure they can adapt either. Will the new guy have to go back to nickle (of course). Will he have had enough playing time there? Probably not. Cromartie has to change sides yet again. It's a mess if he comes back then.

#4128 Don, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  9. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

They shouldnt trade Revis no matter what.

They are not going to get equal value back. Plus it then shows other players on the Jets that if they are good and think they are worth more, they can hold out and get traded to a team that will pay them.

As the season gets closer you have to imagine that both sides will start caving somewhat.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he's not going to need a couple of weeks. He's an elite talent. These guys can step right in and play. He knows the defense.

11. Hobbes3259

It's not going to matter where they line up.

IF Mevi$ comes back, he goes man to man on the best guy, AlCroTrazz goes straight up on the other. Wilson goes to the nickel, but will probably get some help if needed, the work at number two is helping to ensure that it's not needed, so 1-3 the only thing that changes is the number of snaps each one sees.

If Mevi$ doesn't spaz and sit out the season, it's going to be lights out.

Teams like Indy and NE that try to go four wide are going to find Collie, Welker etc getting crushed by a CB/S/LB combo when they're forced to throw the ball in less than 3 seconds.

12. Hobbes3259

Your body doesn't work that way...muscles need tweaking, timing needs honing

Walking in week one is begging for a hamstring injury.

13. The Undertaker

The Undertaker New Member

Doesn't look like he is going to be back anytime soon. Makes the Cromartie pick up look even better now.

14. Hobbes3259

Brilliant....ugh..can we ban the Playtex bras for fat chicks commercials?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's not sitting on a couch waiting to go back into the fold.

He's doing drills and working out to stay ready to go. This is Darelle Revis. He's going to be in top shape so that he can protect his Revis Island image. If he's going to be painted as that selfish, then he's going to continue to be that good.

Emmitt Smith looked fine after missing 2 weeks in 93.

16. The Undertaker

The Undertaker New Member

I like remembering the days when football wasn't all about the money. The game was a lot better then.

17. Don

That's the argument about being in shape and being in football shape. They say until you are on the field taking hits and giving hits and the day to day grind of the physical side you aren't ready to play football.

18. Hobbes3259

No, he didn't....He scored 40 less points than he did in 92,94, or 95.

(and no...he doesn't score 20 a game)

But Emmitt isn't the point.

Drills and working out don't compensate for the live action that helps bring your hamstrings to game shape.

The kind of force production that comes from live action is markedly different than drills and working out.

19. Don

I;m not so much worrying about him as I am about the other two guys. Wilson is a rookie and Cromartie has been playing the whole time on the opposite side of the field from where he will be then. There are new relationships to be made.

20. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I know Revis agents have been discussed before but isn't it wierd that Revis, Kendall and Baker have all been such ugly situations and that they are all represented by the same turds? Tannenbaum hasn't seemed to have problems like this with any other agents. You don't hear other agents telling the media that they were lied to or that certain guarantees were told to them and not fulfilled. I wonder when the Jets sat down with his agents after the season what was actually discussed. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.