The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I think Revis is being a bitch but only slightly at this point.

That being said I have changed my tune 100% and feel he will definitely be starting in the Ravens game.

Can I get a woop woop?

2. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Granted he missed the tackle and dropped few picks, he really was playing excellent. He was physical and Revis-esque at the line and never gave the receivers a chance.

Its hard to fathom just how good the D can be with Cro AND Revis.

COME BACK GODDAMN IT!!!:up:

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I love Cro. The dude flung a fuckn Monster Truck tire into the air!

4. G00MBA

G00MBA New Member

I too come here every few days just to see what's sweltering in the minds of the obsessive. And every time it's the same ol' thing...a new twist on this many dollars, that many years, guarantee this, Aso that. Amusing stuff. But why hasn't anyone talked about the Jamarcus Russel factor? How did we get to the point of awarding millions of guaranteed dollars to a college draft pick on "a wing and a prayer"? Perhaps if they hadn't decided to compensate "potential" players with ungodly amounts of money in the first place, things would be different in the "after-market"? No?

5. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

anyone truly think the Jets have the balls to just say, "we made our offer. Anything more will make us a worse team in future years and we are not willing to do that to the team, our fans, or you. It's simply unfair to everyone not to field the best team possible. We may have to pick up a nickel corner but we are willing to do that. We can talk next season but just keep in mind this deal will not change. It is too crippling for us. You will have to decide on whether you really want to play in the NFL ever again. We will move on and figure things out without you."

granted i'm sure the players association will try and get involved and everything but shouldn't this threat be scary enough for Revis to override his agents and reconsider?

With a good veteran playing his 3rd starting year, and a rookie who may surpass him and be the #1, the jets are 1 decent corner and a pass rusher away from not needing him in a few years.

Anyone with a brain knows with Revis on any team it completely changes the defensive dynamic. I don't see our current backfield as worse than NFL average. with young guys that can only increase in ability, Revis would begin losing his bargaining chip of the Jets not being able to defend the pass as time goes on.

Just some thoughts i had these past few days. am i being illogical?

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nope.

That should the Jets position.

They should reiterate the 3 offers they claim to have made, and tell Camp Mevi$ that they are withdrawing the offers one at a time, longest to shortest, after each preseason game starting Saturday.

At the end of the day they own his rights for three more years...Period.
    He can A: Get Paid, B: try to play his way out...C:Retire..

(And lets face it....we're still talking about a merit raise here....not Free Agency....in what other Job does your employer offer you a raise, and you stop coming to work because it's not enough)

His play merits a raise. Clearly.

He has not Paid his dues to be a Free Agent, or to act like one.

Giving into that attitude would be bad for the Team, and the League in general.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think there are two problems with this approach. First is I don't think we really know the specifics of what the Jets have offered. People talk about 10 years for 120 mil, but the balance of incentives and guaranteed, guaranteed for injury and other factors, is I think not publicly available. The related problem is this post assumes there is no middle ground, no potential deal out there that Revis might accept, that would NOT harm the Jets' future. I hope there is.

I hope if it's not already happened that Tanny is exploring all the options. If he gets to the point that he thinks Revis and his agents will not agree to any reasonable deal, so be it, and Tanny will have to proceed accordingly and get help elsewhere at cb. But we don't know that has already happened. If it had I think we would have heard or seen something that would so indicate. Since we haven't, the quoted suggestion imo is based on an assumption that is not really in accord with the facts, at least the facts known to the public.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I personally don't think the Jets are going to flinch, and neither will the Revis Camp by the end of Training Camp. Revis will threaten to hold out into the season, and the Jets will let him, so I can see him missing the first few games. Just because his agents are that stupid.

9. Hobbes3259

The problem is, you have a guy taking a hard line stance with no bullets in his gun.

It's like trying to deal with a crazy person.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think they have already done that. I think the meeting in the diner was the last meeting Tannenbaum intends to have. Of course he will talk to them if they call and offer something new. I don't think he plans on changing what has already been offered at all...oh, and he has already said he will look to trade for another corner if this doesn't get done.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Maybe. If that's the case, though, how long does Tanny go before he goes out and tries to get that other cb? The way leaks and rumors work, the glare of the spotlight being what it is on this situation, I think we would have heard if the Jet FO actually was contacting other teams about potential deals. So far we haven't.

I think the Jets can't go much past middle of next week to do that. They need someone before Opening Day, and as they approach OD the candidates become more limited in terms of how much of an impact they can make by how well they would fit into the Jets' defensive schemes, or not. Some preparation, practice time, will be necessary for anyone. I'd hate to see the Jets wait too long and be unprepared against Boldin and the Ravens. Imo as I have said on other threads, with the current roster at cb, they will be unprepared.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

My guess is that Schwartz & Feinsod know damn well the $16 mil/year is outrageous and that the $12 mil/year is a very fair offer. They're probably just playing hardball to try and squeeze every penny out of the Jets that they can - that's what they're paid for. I can see Tanny budging a tiny bit just so they can feel like they've accomplished just that. Something like 12.5/year with a hefty bonus is my guess for the deal they eventually strike.

I highly doubt the holdout goes into the regular season.

13. Hobbes3259

However..I think you underestimate the current state of the roster.

Realistically, you're looking to upgrade Drew Coleman.
    (And that should be being done right now.I'm beginning to fear that Coleman is one of those guys the coach just likes...much like Parcells loved Otis Smith.)

As far as the current crew you're Solid, 1-3 right now...even if Wilson is a rookie.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

c'mon Bob...he's not going anywhere.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

that's hilarious..

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

just sign already.......

the media dumbfuckery is starting to surface.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Jared Gaither + Haloti Ngata + 2 first round picks

that's wat id ask from the ravens for revis

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

can you post what he said?

19. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

yeah i refuse to pay for newsday online. they are a terribly written paper but have a very good sports section for reading while downing cereal before school

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

misleading twitter post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.