The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

NO

Eat the pick.

Make him play for the remainder of the million, or retire.

2. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I hope we dont trade him. I would prefer we eat the pick and let him rot for 3 years. He kicked up a fuss to get his Rookie Contract and stayed out of training camp to get what he wanted back then. Now he is doing the same thing.

He may be the best Corner in the league but he has only been truly dominant for 1 season and now he wants an outrageous contract. I think the so called contract he has been offered is more than fair.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

ok.....I certainly don't remember him being referred to in the terms he was last year and I certainly don't remember him shutting down the best receivers in the league like he did last year..but maybe he did.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This is exactly why the Jets should not give in, this is holdout #2 and he's only on year 3 of a 6 year deal that he agreed knowing full well how it was structured. He was paid quite well in his first 3 years and walked away from 20 million of guaranteed money in years 5 and 6.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He didn't have as good of a season but he did well as a rookie, and very good in his second year. People knew he was a rising star before last season started. This defense definitely helped him though.

6. Hobbes3259

Cmon WSW...Join me at my location.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

a) overshadowed by Favre
    b) conservative defense allowed QBs to pick on the other CB

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

And LOL @ the 'Mevi$' nickname...it's about as lame as Dolphin fans calling the Jets the Jerks

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

**Rant On**

Jesus fucking christ, you can call Revis greedy, call him Mevis. Shit you can call him selfish and not a team player.

You are a complete jerkoff if you are calling him a product of Rex Ryan's system. He is a great corner and with a defensive coach like Ryan is an elite HOF'er CB.

Wow is this fanbase that fucking retarded? It is beyond me how stupid Jets fans are sometimes. So the team has historically been losers, that doesn't mean the people that follow the team have to be a bunch of them too..........

Revis is the best defensive player on the team, excuse me, the best player period, bar none. No matter how pissed you are at him for the holdout and reported huge demands, it doesn't mean his talents and abilities are decreased........ so STFU and stop being a bunch of fucking stroke victims. If you can't stop being a complete retard GFY!

**Rant Off**

#2949 Miamipuck, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. Hobbes3259

Yes. And These Agents have a record of these situations.

They should make the best defensive player in the game gamble his career or his self image on this holdout.

In either case...The entire NFL will be on their side.

These guys need to be taken down.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

FYI, the idea that he's a standout because of rex ryan's system was just put out on ESPN 1050 football tonight, around 7:20 pm. People are probably recycling that idea, and I don't necessarily disagree. I think he's not quite that elite without Rex

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's a shame that was your 4,999th post and not your 5,000th...nice rant nonetheless

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

IS THAT NOT WHAT I SAID IN THE 1st PLACE? HTF is that spinning then??? . Are you guys really that blind that I have to bold it for you?

Posturing has nothing to do w/Leverage...and how is Revis posturing when they are barely sayting anything to the media?
    maybe I have to post the meaning of posturing for you guys.

It's obvious that yall aren't thinking clearly because of the anger over this and new hatred for our best defensive player but the FACT is that Woody is all over the airwaves trying to act like he's willing to pay when he's not.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Show me a great player not made better by a great coach.........

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Thanks bro.....yeah the rant would have made a better 5000 post. However, I had to post or my head was going to explode. lol

16. grnmtnjetfan

grnmtnjetfan New Member

Revis

Let him rot on the sideline. Keep staying out of training camp, keep busting out your checkbook, and then let him sit idle for the remainder of his contract. He won't be worth a tick on a bull's ass. The dude has lost touch with reality. He is balking at 20 million over his final 2 years? 1 million this year? Tell you what Revis, I'll play for 500,000; it won't be pretty, but it would be entertaining. And more importantly, I would be supporting my team by attending camp and getting the team ready for the season. There is no "I" in team. Something Mr. Revis has clearly never learned.

17. Hobbes3259

TWO things....

This is why the mods have to get involved.

Retards? the only retards are the ones saying Pay Revis.

(btw..Lowery put up identical stats facing talent-equal competition..which gives credence to the systemic argument..)
    but...
    Revis is probably the best defensive player IN THE GAME but yopu even make the point..it's the system that makes him WHAT HE IS..here's your quote

But...at the end of the day..he's not a free agent and has ZERO leverage.

He is completely dependent on the Jets largesse

And for all of the guys deep throating Revis thats ok...get white Revis Jerseys and stop being Jets fans.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Woody can't pay because Revis's agents refuse to meet with him, If you think Woody should just hand over the keys to the franchise for Revis I don't know what to say. What Revis and his agents are asking for would cripple the franchise. The guy has already held out twice so who's to say after he gets his guaranteed $$$ 3 years from now he won't do it again?If the team collapses who is to say that Mangold or Harris won't pull the same shenanigans that Revis is pulling? THose guys are just as important to this TEAM. I've got no issue with him wanting to make more but this isn't about him making more, this is about him making the most money out of any player in the league and as good as he is he's not Peyton or Brady.

19. Hobbes3259

He is..
    They are not giving UPFRONT (Read Day one) money to a guy that's not honoring his rookie deal.

THATS the sticking point.

Tanny wants YEAR BY YEAR bonuses.

Mevi$ wants a SB.

Thats the sticking point

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I fixed your post for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.