The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's the NFL, that clause is always there. That's why the guaranteed part is all that matters.

2. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

OMG! 10yrs for $160 Mill, we can hire couple CBs for that kind of money! I think Woody should just said Child Please to Revis Agent! Kiss Da Baby Revis!

3. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Let's get a nice chant going next Monday night, something to the tune of....

"FUCK YOU REVIS" (CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP, CLAP).... repeat x10

4. newcomer

newcomer New Member

If you were the Jets why would you want to give this guy a long term contract. Would the Jets be able to renegotiate if his play goes down because you sure as hell know that in 2 or 3 years if another cornerback gets a bigger contract Revis will want to renegotiate and will sit out again. You would think 120 million would be enough for the guy. Besides unless I am wrong Asomugha received his contract only after his current contract expired meaning he took all the risk and therefore deserved the reward.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If you look at Manish's article, it appears to be more speculation than anything.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...gap_guarantees_big_trouble.html#ixzz0wIoi06r7

6. emania55

emania55 Member

revis is a great cb but he does not deserve to be the highest paid player in league history he goes into this with no leverage except holding out and demands this.
    if he skips the season he's fucking nuts

7. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

It actually sounds like the answer is there is no guaranteed money in the deal because the Jets want to agree on total compensation before getting into the break down of signing bonus, what is guaranteed, and what is not guaranteed, and the structure of the deal.

Incidentally you're a complete and total sucker if you accept the other party's proposal to have tiered negotiations.

8. Well the current offer and current demand in terms of total compensation are public knowledge now. Appears the public consensus is that Revis' camp is nowhere close to being fair and reasonable. Jets have all the leverage right now. They've stated their case publicly, all the numbers are common knowledge and their stance is appears to be favored within the media and public.

Unless Revis has something to throw at the media to chop down the Jet's credibility,his team needs to re-evaluate and make some adjustments.

Woody didn't come across as well spoken,well informed or articulate last evening. But he made his stance known. As soon as the numbers became public, it was a big win for the Jets.

Your move Darrelle.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I would have to say, that has already happened.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't think there is any doubt that Revis deserves an extension and more money, but $160 million is absurd.

11. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

If I was the JETS I would take care of Mangold and Harris at this point and just let Revis sit home

12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

yea, I agree with you. $160 million is way to much! Kiss Da Baby Revis!

13. Don

Yeah, and that's the problem. He has now sat out twice in three years. His track record sucks and you can't trust him for a minute. It is why, I am sure, the Jets are hesitant to give him a big signing bonus.

14. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

they already said they weren't dealing with them till after the season... hopefully because they honored their contract and did their job they will be nicely rewarded.

15. Don

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

When you consider that the best player in the league isn't getting 160 million over 10 years it makes you really scratch your head. IMO there are only two guys in the league even worthy of being discussed in that contract range, one plays QB for the Colts and the other for the Pats. Both are up for new deals and both are in camp.

17. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Why do you keep posting that? Actually I don't care why, just please stop.

18. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

They already said the aren't going to sign them at this point, bit signing one of them to a big deal would send an amazing message. "shut up play team ball and we will take care of you."

I think this would be a great move for the FO.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So 2 good years, 1 fantastic year = THE Greatest Player in the History of the NFL?

He'd be making twice as much as Brady, as much as I hate the guy, Brady has led the Pats to numerous Super Bowl wins. Revis needs to take a step back and realize what he's actually asking for here.

20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

This was just released like an hour ago to my knowledge. I'm not saying it's not true, but everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt, especially seeing the wording of the original source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.