The D

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Yes

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They will only be victimized if the DC continues to keep the in man to man coverage.

The Jets front 7 are very capable of getting to the QB, and stopping the run.

They need to play a little more zone with their secondary and allow the safeties to play back, and move the CBs up to jam receivers at the line of scrimmage.

The interception by Williams was caused by that strategy. As the game progressed the safeties were brought up to blitz and help at the line of scrimmage, which in turn pushed the CB back 15 yards.

The jets need to play conservative with their secondary, but TB won't do it and it will be his undoing as Jets HC.

Same way Rex was stubborn about his style of defense.

zace, 101GangGreen101 and Cman68 like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I thought I saw an ad from Royal Caribbean Cruise lines offering a special to the newly renovated Revis Island Resort. They're offering 15 more cruise packages to qualified NFL Wideouts..

PulseJet likes this.
  4. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

If he did, his return didn't show much. They looked vulnerable all game. And I agree on Revis. He's still the best option we have at corner but he is not the shut down staple he was before. (I will concede that it's possible the coaches aren't using him the same way, my point is he's not the same guy we had).

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree, it's time to put the man coverage away for the time being and start running more zone, open up the exotic zone blitz packages and run more 4 man fronts sending 4 as well.

Man coverage is no longer a Jets strength.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

yet you think we need cromartie. holy shit don being don.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They were neutralized with Cincy's quick passing game.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Exactly. We made no adjustments to stop that quick screen game of theirs. Every team is going to take that strategy to neutralize our front 4. Bowles better get his shit together to stop it

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Remember when Revis was the kind of corner who stuffed All Pro WR's no matter who they were?

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

yea - when they let him jam at the line every play. maybe he's not capable of doing that anymore but i'd like to see him fail at it before i give up on him being able to do it. watching him lose at a game he isn't the master of doesn't make me think he's not the master anymore. it just makes me think he's playing the wrong game.

11. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Looks like hes playing the wrong position, might be time for safety move now

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't think the coaches let him jam any more because he lost a step or two and they (and/or Revis) are afraid he doesn't have the speed to recover if the receiver beats the jam. That's only an issue if he is in single man to man coverage. If they gave him safety help on some of these top receivers, he should be permitted to jam and press. Who else was a threat today for Cincy? Lafell? Boyd? They should have doubled Green all over the field.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

so why are they paying him like an elite corner if they don't want to play him like one?

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hell no! Sorry, but that's a terrible idea imo. Revis should not be allowed anywhere near the FS position. He doesn't have the speed nor the tackling ability. Eff him. They can cut his ass at the end of this season and save $7,333,333 on the cap. If not, then he needs to be demoted to the 2nd CB spot. Hopefully Burris will be ready to replace him, or the Jets will have to draft a CB in round 1 instead of an OT or BPA.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LaFell was making catches all over the field. I don't know how, as he sucked balls when he was on the Panthers, and wasn't any better with the Pats, but suddenly that mofo has learned how to catch.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Should be called "scream passes" because every time one started to develop people started screaming "WTF?"

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Because Woody wanted him back.

18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

To be fair, who would be able to stop a team with 2 all pro receivers? That'd be like if DeAndre Hopkins was on the Bengals. God help any team try to stop thag.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

On second thought. Revis can't hit or tackle so he pretty much would be useless as a FS.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So he has the speed to play corner, but not safety? :confused: