The Cuts We Can Use Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Why? we have loads of LBs

2. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Yep, probably our deepest position.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Here's a punter. And I deleted the LBs because even though there are a few quality players, it's not a position of need, and that's what this thread's about...

Titans | Trapasso will be released
    Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:54:02 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports Tennessee Titans P A.J. Trapasso will be released from the team, according to a league source. The team has expressed interest in adding Trapasso to their practice squad if he clears waivers

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

thats a guy we need to bring in! he has displayed solid leg strength this preseason. at least this guy could potentially displace Hodges...

5. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Hell after the way Hodges has kicked this pre-season. I think one of the filght crew could replace him.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Why was this thread made? Isn't the answer anyone who is cut?

Also, isn't that the Titans punter who had the fake punt TD in the Hall of Fame game? PICK HIM UP!

7. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Rod Hood was released by the Bears. He is a CB that has starting experience and is certainly talented enough to play in the NFL.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

He has to be better than Drew freaking Coleman. If it's Coleman beat out Marquice Cole, i would rather we bring in a guy like Hood than keep mr. burnt toast.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

I think Hood is a nickel back and maybe even a #2 CB. I always thought he was underrated in Arizona. Remember that he cut his teeth as a Philly DB; that means he saw a lot of man coverage and can play on an island.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Well yeah, but the team is going to zone in on upgrading a few positions. Based on what we've seen and heard, it's obvious that the team will likely be on the lookout for a punter, maybe a veteran backup OL and a veteran WR.

If a good RB is cut, for example, it's highly unlikely the Jets would look to sign him because of the depth. But if a quality P, OL or WR is cut, then that could be of help.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

so what you are telling me is he has too much pride to come here and fight to be a #3-5 cb that has to play specials and he won't come here just so Jets fans can be happy to see the other side of coleman?

whats that phrase? "you can never have too many quality DB's" wasn't that Herm who said that in one of his idiotic press conferences?

12. FriendlyGiantsFan

What? I don't even understand we're you're getting that pride angle from. I think he would be a nickel. He was just cut by the Bears so he doesn't seem to have the NFL by the tail right now. Bring him in and see how he does. I could see him as a solid nickel, especially in the aggressive defense Rex will run.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well truth be told they do have better legs.

Edit: Someone mentioned Damian Mcintosh..... No freaking way. He is terrible, not even depth worthy. bleh Seriously if the Jets signed this guy and he had to get any meaningful time the Jets are truly fucked.

#33 Miamipuck, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Hood good in 2007.
    Hood not good in 2008.
    I watched 26, 27, or 28 of the past 36 Cardinals games. Hood was solid in '07, but really fell off last season. Hood wasn't as bad as Eric Green, though. Acquiring Bryant McFadden was an upgrade.
    If the Jets want to bring in Hood, that's fine. I don't think they should expect anything great if they do.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

just that you were saying he is generally a nickel, and if we bring him in he wouldnt be the nickel guy thats strickland i believe. But should one of the top 2 go down (revis/sheppard) i believe Lowery would fill in while they are gone, so in reality Hood would come in as a #5 and be nothing but a depth back. I am guessing he isnt ready to come here to be that, when he could likely be higher on someone elses depth chart.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha yeah man I know. I wrote that making fun of all the "Sign this person" threads after players get cut.

17. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

BRING BACK VICTOR HOBSON!!!!1SHIFT1 :metal:

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The highest priority is Punter. The Jets are in deep deep trouble if they keep Hodges for the year.

With the style Rex wants to play, field position is of the up-most importance....... With Hodges, the Jets are playing with one arm tied behind their back. Shit he is going to cost the Jets quite a few games against tough defensive teams.

Lets face it we are going to be watching quite a few 3 and outs with a rookie QB. The Jets desperately need to get a serviceable punter.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Does anyone ahead of us on waivers need a punter? Trappasso is my number one priority as far as waivers are concerned.

I'm not big on Pope, either. He was quite underwhelming in Arizona, which likely means blocking problems. I'm not sure we'll find the answer to our WR problems that way. In fact, barring a surprise cut, I'm rather certain we won't.

20. 73klecko

73klecko Member

I completely disagree. Essentially you have one decent backup across all four LB positions and he's an undrafted free agent rookie. I think we could use another capable ILB big time.