The Championjets69 "Knowledge" Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

This thread was developed so that we, the un-informed posters, could learn and gain more knowledge from someone possessing Champ's exceptional credentials.

Legitimate questions were posed, and to date, the only well thought out response offered in the thread was by Mezzavo, a seasoned and well-respected poster.

Admit it, your panties are in a bunch for one of two reasons:
    1) You live in Canada and are up to your testes in snow right now.
    2) No "Civis Knowledge" thread has yet been created.

These questions have EVERYTHING to do with the Jets, from our coaching staff, to free agents, to draft and overall strategy. Every question is directly related to this team.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Koz if this thread was about the coaching staff, free agents, the draft and overall strategy you wouldn't have addressed it to one poster. This is nothing more than a personal attack at a poster you despise. Champ hasn't dignified your attack with a response, deal with it.

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Hold on...

Champ brought this upon himself...

He claims having all this knowledge... calls people he disagrees with super light weights and never explains himself ever...

the thread is quite fitting IMO

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I really don't care that people want to call out posters, make fun of them and I don't doubt for a minute that people who get bullied or called out don't deserve it but at least be honest about what it is.

I'm an anarchist at heart especially when it comes to the internet. Enjoy the ridicule and if you think he deserves it that just makes it that much better from some peoples point of view.

5. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I doubt KOZ's intent was to be serious here...the entire premise is tongue in cheek

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I'm not going to argue back and forth with you as I value you as a poster on this board.

This thread was precisely about the items I listed above. In numerous threads, I, along with others, have been told by Champ, "Look it up, I said it before."

My time is too valuable and my patience has worn thin. I don't feel like searching the site to pull up scattered responses of another poster. Instead, I felt that it was best to give him his own forum where he, as a seasoned Jets fan, could address all of the questions posed. It's not that I despise him, it's that I wanted to get his side of the story in one thread.

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

I-M-M-U-N-I-T-Y

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Then it should be in the Bullshit forum. Champ has posted in other threads since this one went up so it seems pretty obvious that he'll not bother to drop the "knowledge" on us.

Aside of that everything the guy says gets torn to pieces anyway. It would be nothing more then a public stoning, internet style.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

KOZ posed some New York Jets related questions for Champ. If Champ chooses to answer them that is up to him. Let's end all the other stuff please.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I <3 this thread.

11. GreenMachine

Please inform us of these rules.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If you want to talk trash or attack somebody, do so in the Trashtalking Forum. You'll be warned and then banned if you do it in any other forum.

Offensive behavior. Attacking and offending other members is prohibited. First, you'll be warned by a moderator/administrator, and if your offensive actions continue, you'll be banned.

I'd guess these are what he's referring to, not that they are routinely or uniformly enforced, thank god. Place would be pretty sterile. I think the issue is that this thread was placed in the Jets forum for the sole purpose of picking on the guy rather than to discuss the Jets. It could have gone somewhere else. But champ is like dental pain, people just can't help themselves from poking at him despite how unpleasant it feels.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Koz, I will be the last person to criticize someone for personal attacks, but if you're going to do it, let's just find some stones and call a pig a pig here. Like you said yourself, the only person that has legitimately answered your questions in the original post were Mezz. Why would that be? Is it because they were never asked in a sincere manner? If champ had come into this thread and offered his opinions on the questions you asked, would that have ended in an intelligent debate or just some more ridicule?

And if you're going to call someone out so you can offer their opinions to the wolves, you had better make sure you're holding the stick that is sharpened at both ends. Because right now it looks like a switch of maple with leaves on it.

And that's a cop out that your posting frequency in the BS forum does not support.

14. abyzmul

Heh. So it's a private thread, is it?

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Okay, you know what, since we're all sitting around playing holier-than-thou anyway, let's put it all on the table.

KOZ gave Champ a chance to speak his piece. It doesn't matter what the consequences of him speaking would be, he chose specifically not to say anything.

If we're all about being honest about intent, then everyone who has ever read more than a couple posts from him knows damn well he doesn't say a thing unless he's looking to get under someone's skin with it.

That's against the "rules" too, isn't it? But does Champ pay a price for that? Does anyone complain that the mods aren't doing their jobs when he's busy finding ways to derail threads, pissing people off who were actually discussing the topic in the process?

The fact is, Champ has had his own platform right here for weeks to finally consolidate all of these supposed posts reagarding whatever subject he claims to have already discussed. It's bullshit. It always is, always will be. He'll continue to troll the board, and derail threads. Then when he's called out for it, he'll do exactly what this thread proves, just like he always does: run and hide.

16. abyzmul

Who gives a shit about the rules? If the rules were enforced to the word, this thread would have been closed weeks ago, but I'm thankful it wasn't because an oppressive board isn't really a great outlet for opinions. I think the Mods are doing a great job, personally.

But when you start a thread calling someone out, call it what it is and don't pretend you were just asking some honest questions. I've been reading champ's posts for years and I know how abrasive he can be. I have had more harsh words with him than you and Koz and the rest of your clique combined, so thank you for your own frequent holier-than-thou aspect, but you're preaching to the choir and we know that song better than you.

It's one thing to start a thread calling someone out, then to follow them around the board mentioning the call-out thread, it's quite another to pretend it was all in honest sincerity.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Precisely, and there happens to be a forum for that.

This is a 4 page thread in the Jets forum and it has a grand total of one post worth reading regarding the Jets.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

some of us were unfortunately never blessed with a sense of humor. [​IMG]

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I typed out a response, but this is not the place for this discussion.

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Champ derails another thread ... this time without even posting...

That has to be a first...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.