The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. BSartist

BSartist New Member

I love this flub by Mangini:

?I made this decision not based on singling out Chad for where we are but based on the fact that I think Chad has earned this opportunity,? Mangini said. ?And I want to give him this opportunity. In no way is Chad totally responsible ? we all are. There are plenty of things each person can improve.?

He's right - Chad definitely has earned the opportunity to ride the bench.

And is it just me, or does Mangini use the word 'function' waaaay too much?

2. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Time to say Thanks for your effort now get the hell out of the way

I hate to be rude but hey, get out the way cuz. because it's clemens time

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Thanks for the memories chad. You brought alot of hope to the wash of a season is 02 turning the team around and bringing them to the playoffs. I'll never forget the clinching packer game, and the colts game in the playoffs. Also when you were healthy in 04 and 06, leading this team to the playoffs. A true leader who really gave hope to this team.

But now you just don't have what it takes to be a starting NFL QB anymore, so it's time for Clemens.

The future of the jets is bright.

4. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Here, here!

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

expect nothing less from dickcrazy. It is time for a change,but Chad has been unfairly been made the scapegoat for a team full of problems.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wow, Alio. That was pretty ignorant. Thank you for sparing us the insufficient 300-word justification.

7. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

geezzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Not only is he not a very good QB, he is an EXTREMELY LUCKY ONE. He signs a massive contract the same year that he blows his shoulder out, garnering a massive 20M in guarantees, not counting his rookie contract. He goes on to not play in 2005, plays decently in 2006, and gets benched in 2007. Not a bad deal. I agree that he's a class act, but somehow, given that he's as rich as he is, I have a hard time feeling bad for him.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Pennington brought a little QB magic to this team in 02. I was never a huge fan, just a style thing, but the obvious issue is his arm is shot due to injury and it has gotten into his head. The guy has been a warrior and done extremely well in spite of his physical limitations and injuries. I don’t see any reason to be down on Chad at all.

Clemens has some real skills that many Jets fans have never had the opportunity to see in a NY Jets QB. Hopefully he will have the courage and the mind to translate that skill into excitement and results? If he does this season of misery is going to be looked back on as the start of something special. I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. I like the direction of the team in spite of all the negativity and a gunslinger at QB with a very high skill set will make the rebuilding of this team a lot more tolerable. Sunday is going to be fun again.

10. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

This decision comes about 5 weeks too late for the jets to salvage anything this season.

Can't believe it took a SECOND loss to the Bills for Mangini to realize this.

One of your best games of the year was with Clemens at the helm....(Sorry..I can't count a 3 point win over the hapless Dolphins as anything other than doing what you should have...in a sucktacular way)

11. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I don't think you should be throwing stones. Check out how many games Pittsburgh has won when Big Ben has thrown 30 plus times. Does not speak well for the play of the QB position. Seems he is a game manager and cannot carry the team on his back, sound familar? If you didn't have the line you have and a running game, you would be right next to us.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Once again, this is why God hates jets fans