The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

As would I, of course.In fact, there are few things I can think of that I would not put up with to get that damned superbowl.
    Not saying you said that at all. Was just using that idea to highlight what seems to me to be taken as a given by many jets fans today.

2. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

3. Graytness

Graytness Member

I think everyone here would agree they would obviously prefer to have Favre in his prime and that it sucks that he would only be here a year. Yes, he had 2 bad season in '05 and '06. Yes, he made a horrible pass against the G-Men in the NFC Championship game. I understand all of these things. The only thing I don't understand is how taking all of that into account, you still can't see he would give us the best chance to win.

Maybe Clemens has it, but that's a big MAYBE. He didn't show much last year, albeit with a horrible o-line and no running game, but he didn't show me much of anything. At this point, Favre at least gives us a chance. We aren't afforded that with happy feet, take the sack Clemens and Mr. "Pick off My 30th 5 yard out of the game" Pennington.

Better o-line of not, with those 2 guys we may still not be able to run. They don't warrant any respect in the passing game and beg teams to put 8 in the box against us.

4. rillo

rillo New Member

Why do you say Clemens isn't ready? I haven't seen him play this season yet. I don't understand why people are so quick to give up on him. I'm not in the Chad crowd, always been a supporter of his, but he just can't do it anymore here.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I haven't given up on him at all. I think they should have given him the job in the off season, traded Chad for a reasonably priced vet back up and give Clemens all the work and live and die with him. For whatever reason management has decided that they weren't ready to live and die with him and wanted to give Chad a chance. What's apparent now is after watching both of them in camp, they aren't comfortable with either of them. At this point if they don't get Favre I would expect them to go after another QB maybe Simms or Garcia if one or the other doesn't end up in GB.

Look at the approach GB is taking with Rodgers, what the Giants did with Eli. At some point you have to let a young QB take his lumps.

6. Graytness

Graytness Member

Jets fans are so desperate for hope that people actually are choosing a 3rd year QB who has shown us nothing, except for a nice little comeback attempt against Baltimore, over Favre. Yes, Clemens offers hope because he hasn't had the time to prove to everyone that he isn't the future. I'm not saying he is or he isn't, I'm just saying that it seems most people here are basing their opinion on the lack of evidence more so than on substantial evidence of any kind, whether it be good or bad.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

im so sick of being dissed by ESPN. Blackistone sucks, pretty much says the Jets suck, as did Hoge a while ago. Who the hell is Jean- Jacques Taylor. Dumbfuck as well.

How Tampa Bay is a better team then the Jets this year is beyond me.

8. rillo

rillo New Member

I'm all in favor for this.

9. rillo

rillo New Member

Gotta love the 'so called experts' right. I wish the Jets played in the NFC south, they don't know shit just talking heads.

10. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

12. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

yea I had a link up awhile back with the same quote too

this thread is simply too intimidating for people to dig through pages to make sure its something new :beer:

After the Bucs get Favre, can we print up all 88 pages (probably 100+ by then!!) and send them to Favre's agent with a big FU? I'm sure they'd get a good laugh out of it.

13. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

15. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

ha sorry about that - it was posted as 8 minutes old on my google news list when I found it!

16. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-2-25/Favre-warming-up-to-Jets.html

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Will we miss out on Favre the third time around too?

I hope not, neither the owner, FO or coaching staff has faith in Kellen or Chad so why should I?

I want Favre for two years and I want Erik Ainge to learn from him.

19. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I know, but everyone was acting like he was credible so I figured I'd post it.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.