The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes that's the same paper. I don't believe anything they say after that - they had an article titled "It's over - Favre to the Jets" about a week ago.

2. GreenMachine

ESPN news.

Some guy said that is what he is speculating is on the table, but the Bucs would have to give up a 1st and Simms

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He didn't play like crap but he didn't lead us to enough points, he did have a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder though and his K did miss TWO makeable FGA's in the final minutes.

As soon as I get done watching him throw away the NFC Title game from last year I'll check those games out, actually I want to watch the Jan '02 div playoff at SL where Brett threw SIX INTs(2 more than Chad in Chad's 5 career playoff games)

4. GeorgeJETSon

GeorgeJETSon Member

From the Tampa Tribune: "Jeff Garcia just walked through a gaunlet of reporters here and made quite a comment. When one reporter joked that he was walking the Green Mile, he responded by saying, 'Yeah, dead man walking.' You get the feeling from that comment that Garcia doesn't feel too good about the latest Brett Favre news."

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

how is the soil?

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Conservative play calling also factored in to the offenses lack of success in Pittsburgh.

7. steviep

steviep Active Member

I disagree b/c if Favre stinks (and he may) the you can at least get a top 10 pick (and a QB)

A second rounder.

Look on wikipedia under nfl drafts -- for each draft they shade in orange all the pro bowlers -- the 2nd and 3rd rounds (and beyond) are crap shoots at best.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My Speculation is that what ever we end up giving up in terms of a pick Tanny will get back from whom ever we trade Penny to.

This could be very similar to the Jones deal. That is my gut. No source.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was his first road playoff game and Coles and Chrebet dropped potential TDs, Coles had a huge penalty that knocked out an huge gain on a Moss reverse, Coles stood and watched the game changing INT when he had a chance to knock it down. it wasn't just Chad that day.

10. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

The coaches weren't the one's on the field.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ahh ok, thx for the info.

12. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

What about the Pittsburgh game? You can't credit Chad for us coming so close. It was all the defense and special teams.

13. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

30 min favre break starts now-

14. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Cheese and rice... this is not about Chad vs. Farve as a QB, or their playoff histories. Farve has been a better QB hands down, and twice on Sunday... this is about having all the concerns (and that's just what they are, concerns) that JUNC mentioned before.
    Is everybody who has concerns about Farve supporting Chad over him? Is it not possible to have some concerns about trading for a guy for all the reasons that have been brought up? (out of shape, 39 years old, playbook, offense, desire to play here, retirement saga after the season). Just because people have legitimate concerns about trading for Farve doesn't mean they are any less a jet fan or don't want to win. I want this team to win. Now. Been watching for 30 years, and I want to win. But instead of the devloution to an argument about Pennington vs Farve in the past, can we think about Farve, JUST farve, on the jets now?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In the final 2 minutes he always sucks. Chad is a kick away from mediocrity.

16. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Amen, enough waiting, with what quarterback do we have the greatest chance of winning the superbowl?

17. rillo

rillo New Member

Who said anything about Chad starting? The better alternative is to let the young guy that we drafted two years ago to play with a better Oline and Defense. Not give up picks for a 38yo QB thats on the fence about retiring and hasn't made good decisions with the ball for a couple of years now.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad is clearly better than Favre and that's why Tanenbaum and Mangini are willing to diss Chad to get him even though the odds are that they will have to rely on a Dissed Chad to keep their jobs this year.

Jets management is taking a big gamble if they believe Pennington has anything left in the tank. Can Chad lead the Jets with a twice repaired shoulder and a busted ego?

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just wanted to talk about Chad's past a little bit and think about the good times. I mean, Favre talk has gotten very annoying.

20. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDS RAT
    Brett Favre 356 535 4155 66.5 7.77 82 28 5.2 15 2.8 15 93 95.7

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDS RAT
    Chad Pennington 179 260 1765 68.8 6.79 57 10 3.8 9 3.5 26 178 86.1

Pretty clear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.