The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

I'd do it.
    We've had so many f'n 1st busts, history suggests we're due for another anyway.
    (Probably shouldn't say that before Gholston plays huh? Fine. Blame ME for the jinx if that happens, not our shitty luck)

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

With the 32nd pick, aquired from the NY Jets the Green Bay Packers select?

3. Dr. Christian Troy

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    At least Snyder's always wheelin' and dealin' to WIN, not to make headlines. Unfortunately he doesn't take chemistry and logistics into consideration.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Peter Cottontail, Runningback, Bunny Trail State University

5. The Screed

The Screed Member

Pennington: Packers called Jets
    by Dave Hutchinson
    Friday July 25, 2008, 5:01 PM
    Jets quarterback Chad Pennington said general manager Mike Tannenbaun approached him after practice today and told him that the Jets received a call from the Packers regarding Brett Favre.

Tannenbaun, who also had a similar conversation with quarterback Kellen Clemens, said he spoke to the players so they would hear the media reports from him first. The GM, however, apparently gave neither player the assurance a deal wouldn't happen although it's unlikely.

It became even more unlikely when it was reported that the Packers are seeking a first-round pick for the 38-year old Favre.

``I did speak to Mike after practice and he just let me know exactly what the situation was,'' said Pennington. ``That they received a call. That's what I know. Other than that, I really don't have any feelings on it at all. I feel very confident about how I'm playing. ... I was told a call was made to the Jets and that's it.

``I don't have a reaction. My whole focus is on this camp and winning this starting quarterback battle. That (rumors) is part of the business. Speculation. Calls. There's nothing to be said. As a player, you never react until it's actually done.''

``One thing Mike and (coach) Eric Mangini have done for me, they've have always been up front and they've always told me where they stand with me. That's all I ask of the organization and they've done that. I'm comfortable with the situation.

Tannenbaum refused to confirm or deny he received a call from the Packers or give any details on his conversations with his quarterbacks. He wouldn't even confirm what Pennington said, saying conversationing between he and players are private.

``I just try to have good conversation with the guys,'' said Tannenbaum. ``I don't try to address every rumor, every day with every player. ... I did feel given the high-profileness of Brett Favre's name, I felt like this was a fairly unique situation in that I wanted to be proactive and that they hear it from me first.''

Even so, Tannenbaum remained vague and refused to rule out the possibly of pursuing Favre when he could've easily put an end to the speculation.

``I'm going to fall back on our policy,'' said Tannenbaum. ``We have conversations with teams all the time about a lot of different players. Our policy is any conversation we have with other teams I think it's appropriate for them to remaind private.''

Said Clemens: ``If something happens, we'll deal with it and it's be something that'll hopefully make us all better and that's ultimately what we're all here for.''

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe that made me chuckle

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He clearly has the speed and moves but just lacks the motivation that Coach Wolf seemed to provide before moving on to Grandma's House U.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

from your lips, to GODS ears:rofl:

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

The Packers know they won't get a first. But they have to set a high price to take some control of a situation that has reduced their leverage to nothing. Their camp begins in a couple of days, and Favre says he will report. He has to be gone before that, and everyone negotiating knows that. Its a brave front, but its only a bluff. They can't get embarrassed by accepting a 3rd or lower for Favre, which is where this looks to be heading if other teams wanting Favre are patient (I don't count the Ravens or Bucs out of this) We'll know soon; its the Packers backs against the wall here, not ours.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They probably will but a 2nd rounder is still too much. I would on give them a 2nd if it was conditional 2nd.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If they settled for Pennington and a 4th or something then we'd have a green light. Hell throw in Bryan Thomas too while we're at it.

12. The Screed

The Screed Member

based on the article i just posted, I think this is just the packers trying to drive up the price

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

please don't give up more than a fourth.although with the players we've gotten in the fourth recently maybe thats too much

14. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

it's totally a way to get leverage. no way they're getting a first from anybody. everyone knows there's a decent chance he's getting released.

15. abyzmul

There isn't a chance in hell that Favre gets released. He would sign with an NFCN rival of Green Bay (most likely Minny) in about half a second. They will never let that happen. He will either be traded or retire.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

conditional 3rd rd pick:

escalating to a 2nd if they make the playoffs, a 1st if they win the SB :jets:

17. Dr. Christian Troy

I HATE fatso francesca more than any radio/tv personality. Complete blow hard.

18. abyzmul

He must have said something about the unlikelihood of the Jets acquiring Favre. :wink:

19. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Favre gives us the Best chance at winning the Super Bowl.....I'll take him , Quick!!

20. abyzmul

Me too. But will Brett 'take' the Jets?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.