The Bengals - I do NOT like this matchup for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 22, 2013.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Bengals Yards:

Rushing - 79
    Passing - 323

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Jets just dont have the offense to score against the better defenses in the league. They feast on the bottom feeders but when we face better defenses, they are lucky to score a TD. Expect much of the same when we face the Ravens and Saints soon. It'll be a miracle to win next week if the Saints keep playing D the way they are.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Alright! We held them under 100 yards rushing! We are awesome! Go Jets!

4. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

49-9 :rofl:

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

WHODEY is that you?

6. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

I told you I'd be back

7. legler82

LOL...yeah right; like you would be back if you lost. Anyway, good (at least on your side) game. Cincy came out with a flawless game plan.

Mo W > Geno A

8. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

Keep telling yourself that. The Jets vaunted pass rush looked pathetic today. Total domination by the best offensive line in football. And guess what's the only thing that matters?

Bengals 49
    Jets 9

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We haven't had a pass rush since abraham

10. legler82

Dalton was taking quick 3 and 5 step drops and letting go of the ball overtop of the CBs. It neutralized the pass rush. It's not like Dalton was sitting back there patting the ball. By the time he reached the top of his drop he was letting the ball go and guys were wide open. Your WRs were beating our CBs clean right off the LOS. Like I said excellent game plan. There was total domination by the WRs on our CBs, but not so sure about the o-line dominating or being the best in football. How many rushing yards did the best o-line in football get? Whatever, your team just clobbered our team so you can believe what you want to believe. Why stop at o-line? You probably have the best RBs, best coach, cheerleaders, fans, city, well maybe not that.

11. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

Hey buddy. 49-9 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if it is whodey- Congrats, you deserve to talk as your team backed it up. Good luck the rest of the way, that is a team that can go very far.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I guess I wasn't wrong.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't think so at all. Dalton had unabated sight lines to his WR the entire first half. It was some of the easiest pitch and catch you're every going to see in the NFL. The had a game plan for our DL and executed it perfectly. Dalton had time and when he stepped up he had a clear line to his WR. It was as clean a pocket as you're every going to see in the NFL.

15. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

It is. Not going to jaw too much, just felt like giving you guys some grief all in good fun. The Jets aren't as bad as that score would indicate, they just got in the way of the offensive performance everyone in Cincy was waiting for. The potential has been there, it was Jay's game planning that left much to be desired. He came threw yesterday. Dalton looked fantastic and the receivers did their job (save the deep ball drop from Sanu). You guys will be fine.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

congrats, you have a very good team. I had fun w/ you last week, you just can't take the shots too far. Hopefully we'll see you down the road. Good luck.

17. TheGreenCantona

not sure about the fine part. I think cincy has something going, but jets are super flawed at the moment. Idzik needs to get so much right for this to work out, i do not see the enormous potential going forward. Geno working out would change a lot though.

18. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Please prevent NE from becoming one of the top 2 seeds is all I ask!

19. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

Absolutely, hope the Jets can make a run of it. I'd love to see the Patriots not make the playoffs :metal:
    Rookie QB, games like that happen. I don't think this is the Jets year, but if they can sign a couple solid O linemen in FA, get a play making receiver in the first and an nfl ready (might be tough) CB in the second, they'd be scary. This off-season will be important for them.
    Can do! :up: Schedule from here on is relatively easy. Only games that really worry me are Colts at home and at the Ravens. Should be 9-2 going into the bye week though, barring any "Bungle" esque letdowns like that Cleveland game. But if the offense can keep playing like that, the sky is the limit.

20. NewYorkEveryThing

The bengals beat the crap out of our DB's. Short intermediate passes killed us the first 2 drives. The offense did not respond. Before you know it our whole gameplan was thrown out the window. Thie fact that Geno is a rookie . Mix in the fact we could not stop their multiple weapons on offense, We got what we deserved. The bengals are no joke and I think at the top of their respective division. Good drafting with some very questionable players they signed, Seems to be working for them. They will sign any wife beater crackhead etc etc. The real question for us is? How can we fix our awful secondary in time to make a run? We may .we may not. I don't believe that we had a good gameplan and rex really shit the bed getting our D ready for that team. We will see what Rex does about our horrid secondary next week cause Geno is not gonna go TD for TD with brees.