Thanksgiving game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mr nyjet, Nov 12, 2012.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

dont let goody goodell hear that or he will suspend you for a year!

2. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I have already been contacted for a sworn affidavit.

3. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

u guys gonna miss a good game then. Sanchez ALWAYS comes to play against the Pats, he's a big city, bright lights, tv moment type of player. No doubt he has a 300+yard game against he pats

4. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

As obvious by all his MNF wins.

5. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Probably but how many turnovers? :smile: I wouldn't be surprised if the game is close if only because players don't like to suck badly when 100 million people are watching them. Plus the two teams hate each other.

6. scruzjets

scruzjets New Member

I'm afraid those who are brave enough to watch these game will see a worse humiliation than the 45-3 beating the Jets took two years ago.

I see Brady throwing for four touchdowns, a running touchdown, and NE defense scoring two, throw in a few FG and you get...55 - 3

7. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I'm going just so I can get my 15 minutes of fame with my sign "things I'm Not Thankful for- The JETS"

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

haha

I actually HATE the idea of the night game on Thanksgiving.... Tradition was always watching the 1st game while cooking (or while mom cooked :wink: ) pops 1st beer, then catching parts of the later game until the 4th qtr when we finished eating, then we all come back to the table for desert, drinks, family time, etc.....

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This will be the last meaningful game of the year. Hell yeah, I am going, I won't have to clean the dishes and put tables and chairs away. Seriously, I doubt I can justify going and leaving the wife and 10 family members.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Canadian Thanksgiving is in October. I'm glad it's the late game because otherwise I would miss it being at work, at least this way I can watch it. If they play a day game then I would have to either miss it (which, the way this season is going, wouldn't be the worst thing ever) or take time off of work.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I won't even watch. And for me to say that, it must be bad.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There's a lot more riding on this game for the Jets than simply a win. Woody, being the PR sensitive Owner that he is, won't tolerate a national embarrassment against THE RIVAL of all our rivals. That would include a huge number of no-shows. Even though the Jet PR staff will blame Sandy if this happens, the truth will be out there and Woody knows it. His move to bring in Tebow didn't work out and pretty much destroyed the 2012 season along with his investment in Sanchez. Ryan and Tanny both are taking a lot more flack in both the professional and the fanbased media. If Woody believes that any PR is good PR, he'll stomach this and move on. If the team shits the bed in front of the nation, that's an entirely different story complete with consequences. Nothing dire like Bud Adams in Tenn, but consequences nevertheless since as we all know, the boss is always right even when he fucks the duck.

What might be a great sidebar to the game on Thanksgiving is the sights and sounds from Metlife itself. Pay particular attention to the empty seats, the crowd reactions and finally, the play on the field. Keep that in mind at season's end and remember this post. I think the Fans might once again, force Woody into a move of some sort for better or worse.

13. redworld

redworld New Member

I doubt my tickets will even sell at face value. They've been up for a week.

Oh well.

14. blantyr

blantyr Member

In theory...

I think they could do it with a drop kick...

15. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

We are going to get raped on national television again. I'm probably not gonna bother watch this particular game.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I get to see the Jets get destroyed in front of my whole family. Lovely. Well who knows with this team. We could destroy them. We seem to either blow out or get blown out, so we're due for one on our side.

17. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

:smile:trying to hedge against possible upset already?

pats fans always scared of the jets cause they kno rex don't concede to B&B boys

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

You know I hope that they lose every game with the exception of beating New England by 1,000 points.

Yes you can say I am idiot for believing this but being in draft purgatory (teams with 7-9 to 6-10) records does not let the team get an instant impact player. The team needs a pash rusher, badly. It would be huge pickup for the defense as a whole and Coples and Wilkerson would become even better because they would no longer be able to be double teamed.

19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'd like to say I have the will power to skip the game, but I won't. Whether we beat the Rams by 1 or 20 or lose to them by 1 or 20, I'll be there like a moron. However, I won't have false hope. We won't win this game.

20. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

It's like some of you never lived through the Jets truly sucking.

It seems as soon as we have a losing record, a good many of you start weeping like teased vaginas.
    At the end of the year, there are 31 disgruntled fan bases. At least we know early that we're going to be one of them again. This team sucks and will probably suck for another few years. If that's too much for the fragile ego you've attached to this team to bear, fuck off until we get good again.

Take your medicine like men and don't provide schadenfreude fodder for opposing fans.