Thanks for Blowing it Vilma. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsrock16, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I can see it right now with our luck if Vilma takes out Brady like we all wanted to see on that play it probably wouldve have been a penalty. But you cant blame it just on that play and the fumble was the momentum changer we were driving the ball and then lose it. There are alot of plays that could have changed the score though, what if we started Justin Miller right out of the gate and he makes the pretty easy play if your 100% on Gaffney on that third down.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets had won would you be starting a 'Thank you Vilma For Winning the Game' thread for the play where he flattened Maroney at the 1 yard line on that goal line stand? Threads like this are why people don't take you seriously.

Well, that and the mouth-drooling Vinny obsession.

3. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

i assume you're the same idiot over there who pointed out the GREAT goal line stand we had, which oops, resulted in a touchdown anyway. i mean jesus christ, use a little COMMON SENSE

4. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

but what is your point??? sure vilma missed a play was it as bad as when the whole o stopped playing after chad threw that lat pass? or chads interception? or i dunno

I just feel Vilma can be forgiven for that missed play for his outstanding effort and goal line defesive play to only let the pats score with a field goal he was rookie of the year and he will get better next season..all i feel is its harsh is all no offensive

5. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

what was so great about any of that, they gave up the touchdown right before the half anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

ok u cant blame vilma at all. Yea it was a bad play, but then he comes back with a big stop at the goal line. The reason we lost was not vilma, it was not the fumble, it was the trenches. we got absolutely dominated in the trenches. That is why we lost. So don't blame vilma for one play. If you do you don't know about football.

7. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

Chad's interception was MEANINGLESS. MEANINGLESS, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING???? WE WERE DOWN BY 14 WITH 1 OR NO TIMEOUTS, THE GAME WAS OVER, HE MADE A THROW THAT HAD NO CHANCE BUT THATS IRRELEVANT. GAME WAS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you have any clue what you're talking about???

8. bigjetfan10

bigjetfan10 New Member

vilma didnt have a good center of gravity since he pretty much sprinted into the backfield...thats just inexperience and him trying to do too much

9. abyzmul

Hey, don't you think Vinny should have refused to down the ball at the end of the game out of loyalty to the Jets?

10. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

nice i passed on a messge to that site to say sorry to who ever got upset my my lose of control with peopel calling out one player for the reason we lost

but as you just called me an idiot i think i will stay silent

moving on vilma will be back next year a better player im sure

11. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

I think a better case can be made for Eric Coleman's poor tackling hurting us more overall today that Vilma not getting Brady on that play.

12. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

quick survey ok

if you think it is right to pick out one player and rip on them for 1 mistake for the reason we lost the game

press agree or disagree

13. abyzmul

Don't stay silent, Jetsrock16 is a lobotomy patient, the orderlies in his ward sometimes let him roll his face around on the keyboard when the nurses aren't looking.

14. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

i for one disagree

15. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

Are u stupid. How do you even start a thread like this. No we didn't lose because of Vilma. We lost because they were simply better. They were more physical and stronger than us. We tried our best and I am proud.

16. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

in all respect thats funny

it shows a lack of class when you hand your hand out and you get more crud in your face is all i will say

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It's one thing to throw a forward pass when the defense is spread and the CB is laying back, it's another thing entirely to throw a lateral across the field like that when the defense was up which it was. You can not throw a lateral on that screen ever unless there is nobody even close to being in the area.

18. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Why is it so important to forgive him? It seems to me that it should be an important learning experience for this young player. While you may be offended by the fact that Vilma should be held accountable for missing a blind-side, unopposed, field-goal-eliminating sack, that doesn't change the fact that he missed a play which could have swung momentum in the favor of the Jets.

19. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

because if you cannot let forgives into your heart what kind of person are you is hwo i live my life in football also

i agree with you he messed up on that one play

but i cant pin the loss on that one play

so will agree to disagree on this

20. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

that was me, jesus christ, how slow are you on the uptake??? i mean, i cant make this any clearer, i didnt say Vilma single handeldy lost the game, but he was play was the beginning of what led to many more mistakes, his play DIRECTLY led to 3 points, and could have contributed momentum to the Chowds next drive, and maybe if they dont get a TD there, maybe its a whole different game, who knows. i already said before i could write a novel about ALL The reasons we lost, but this is just one where the guy is standing right there, how you not sack him is unbelievable, i couldve come closer to sacking the guy on that play if i had a free shot. like i said before, i cant believe theres argument in this thread, i mean, its simply not debatable what that play CLEARLY meant in terms of points, and what it most likely meant in terms of game complexion, or am i simply that mistaken????