Thanks for Blowing it Vilma. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsrock16, Jan 7, 2007.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Yes and Justin Miller made a key breakup of a long pass down the sideline.

Thats not my point with Vilma...my point is that I forget hes on the field. I dont see him for plays at a time. He is our MB...our probowl player...and he has yet to put the defense on his back one game this year.

He is a solid linebacker...like another 30 or so in the NFL...but not with the elite 30 above him.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We were in the game until Chad threw a lateral across the field. You can't do that ever.

3. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

If you believe ANY ONE play was the reason we lost this game, you have absolutely NO CLUE about the game of football! (and maybe didn't actually watch the WHOLE game?)

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

If I ever see the damn play again, I will have to buy another remote control to replace the one I have to buy tomorrow.

It has to be one of more risky plays in football..with a QB that teams stack the line against.

5. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

you guys are fucking idiots. Vilma, our defensive captain, the guy who hasn't made a significant play all year, blew a chance to make a huge play. What happens next? the drive down the field and score. how many fucking times did we stop them all game? he had a chance to not only knock the shit out of brady, but to give the d something to build on, fuck vilma

6. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Listen dont blame chad its all about the defense. they lost the game for the jets plain and simple

7. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

Theres no way you could blame Vilma. They had a very balance offense and thats what killed us. This team is not the Raiders, there the PATRIOTS.

8. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I really believe that the game changing play was the backward pass fumble, after that u could easily see from the video that most of the jets were awfully dissapointed and that took the momentum out of most of our players, that was the key play. When u make a mistake the team has to step up and they were until that point.

9. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Fuck that. Vilma missed a sack. yeah it fucking sucks. but what it comes down to is the defense couldnt stop shit. They never adapted to the game plan. The run defense sucked the blitxing sucked. leave vilma and lay blame on the pathetic d-line. No pressure all game and no run defense!!!!

10. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

thank you. i understand there were plenty of big things and mistakes to go around, but the point is the guy was a sitting duck and he didnt even touch him!!!!!! Simms pointed out correctly, the game was a close game, the score doesnt indicate that though. when a game was really that close, the 3 points that we lost and the ensuing changing of the complexion of the game mightve been enough to lose us the game. of course Chad will get picked down by 2 TDS with like 3 mins left, the floodgates were open, a play like Vilma's cost the Jets on so many levels that a 21 point loss would never indicate on PAPER, on the field it was huge. i could write a novel about all the things that went wrong, but just pointing out that he had the guy measured, a sitting duck, and seemingly 10 points resulted out of that bumbling mistake.

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The D still had ample opportunity to stop them after that play, this loss doesn't fall on Vilma's shoulders.

12. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

It's impossible to blame the entire defeat on Vilma, but the fact of the matter is that losing that sack took the wind out of the Jets defense. It was an entirely different unit from there on it. What would have been the coup de grace of a successful first half rushing and hitting Tom Brady turned into a major gaff.

Vilma made up for it on the goal line, but that play hurt badly.

13. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

did you read what i wrote??? notice, i said the loss is not all Vilma's fault, but to brush it aside a non significant non game changing play is simply stupid. i didnt start the thread to make an argument, i was just pointing out the obvious, thats all.

14. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Speaking generally, if one wants to excuse Vilma for his boneheaded play, then it's somewhat hypocritical to blame Pennington for the TD throw to Coles and underneath to Cotchery.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It hurt badly but it didn't kill us. The Pats just wore us out, they are bigger and stronger and Brady is simply to good. He did that to Jacksonville in Jacksonville, he does it to everybody. We need to get a little bigger and stronger up front on both sides of the ball and we need to take the WR screen out of the playbook.

16. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

i got banned for the day on jets insider for finally loseing it with negitive people picking out players and blaming them for the loss..you never hear coaches or players or experts doing it..so why do we have to put up with it on forums..people post things for effect i am sure

vilma was outstanding on the goaline he missed a tackle..there were a few things that didnt happen today you can not pick out one person its so child like...

we played well went toe to toe...it could have been worst we did not lose 43 - 0 we showed class and promise and anyone who picks on one player i.e vilma or chad is wrong and im sure many of you will back me up..fine people are upset so am i but there is a time for cool heads and perspective

17. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Certainly it will help to get bigger, stronger, and younger on the lines. However, the WR screen got the Jets yards multiple times today. Wilfork just made a heads up play.

18. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Talk to the OC, he called the play. Brick fucked up on the block and that changed the game for the worse.

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I just think that there were several plays that had more impact on the game than that one.

20. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

We absolutely played well, and we did go toe-to-toe with New England. That doesn't excuse Vilma for making a terribly boneheaded play which hurt the team, however.