Tedy Bruschi rips Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

After 1 game in which he didn't throw any picks, fumble, or rape any Mexican reporters he is dejected.

The look on Jenkins face after he was hurt was dejection.

I'm sticking with the kid.

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

how is the problem on schotty, when franchise has done nothing to prove to him that he is ready to have the offense run through him? sanchez is not ready to have an aggressive passing attack, thats why he trew 20 int's to 12 t.d.'s last year. sanchez looked totally lost on monday, he doesnt read his proggressions, he stares down receivers, and is not accurate on his throws. at this point he is not ready to lead us back to the playoffs, and personally speaking i am beginning to believe that he is not the type of qb that will help us win the big one. i will say this in his defense, our o-line sucks as much as him at the moment! go jets!!!

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

They played pretty well imo... considering how they were up against they played well...

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Braylon can get open but the play needs to get developed, we can't get down the field because Sanchez wants to check the ball down, the defense knew so

Cotch can't get separation, but there are other ways to get him the ball, it's up to Mark and the CS to find out those ways, but there's no excuse to get only 73 passing yards against an ailing secondary no excuse plain and simple

When Holmes comes back though, this offense will absolutely get rolling, besides Vincent Jackson, I saw this on ESPN, Holmes when he gets a catch, gets a first down over 50% of the time, that's huge for us, we'll struggle now but when Holmes comes, things are going to get interesting

This can only hurt Braylon's cause right now, Holmes will outperform him when he comes back, I have no doubt about that

Keller is just inconsistent and frustrating at the end of the day

5. jb944

jb944 Banned

i laugh at all you guys thinking holmes will make this offense so much better. you will be very disappointed he disapears for games at a time. has lots of huge drops and has never put up good #'s other then receiving yards last year. and with all his yards last year he was a non factor. dont think your getting a great wr because your not. there are many reasons he was traded and traded for only a 5th round pick

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It was an easy mistake to make and we know what you meant, but for the sake of accuracy...

He was only sacked 15 times that year. It was his first year that was crazy. He was sacked 76 times in 2002.

7. 101GangGreen101

Holmes believe it or not is a clutch WR, most of his catches lead to first downs, he will help this team tremendously

But way to use your first couple of posts to look like a complete douche and not know what your talking about

8. jb944

jb944 Banned

really he had 1 clutch game. he is not a clutch reciever. there are alot of wr's who catch first downs. there are way more that have more catches, more tds and show up every week. he is not a clutch wr. and another fact he has a hard time getting open, he gets his catches off ben scrambling. he does catch some quick slants thats his only weapon without the scrambling

9. jb944

jb944 Banned

"im a douche" your a jets fan enough said. we will see at the end of the year how clutch your new boy is.

10. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I have absolutely no idea how you could possibly put together that stat line given what he did on the field.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Wow, you really don't know a lot about football. Or anything for that matter.

12. jb944

jb944 Banned

apparently more then you. show me where im wrong. oh i forgot you guys made 1 afc championship game now your football royalty lmao

13. jb944

jb944 Banned

when you realize holmes was dumped for a guy who was a rookie last year and had a bigger impact on actually winning games you can come back to me. once again no one in the league wanted holmes. you were the only ones thats some clutch player

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks a WR who catches 79 passes for 1,248 yards has a hard time getting open and only gets the ball when his QB scrambles has very little common sense, let alone football knowledge.

15. 101GangGreen101

There are a lot of WRs that catch first downs, but not too many catch balls that END up being first downs, there are a lot of WRs that catch balls obviously, not too not many WRs move the chains for a first down like Holmes does, he runs routes very well, can get separation something that our WRs don't do very well cept for Braylon once in a while

That is why he will have the impact that he does, btw last season he had only 1 clutch game? You should go back and watch week 16 versus the Ravens, and the opening game last season against the Titans last season and tell me he had only 1 clutch game

I guess we will won't we? And since when does being a Jet fan mean being a douche, not all Jet fans are assholes and douche bags, you however are talking to me as if I am, so with that said I will be in that case and will tell you to eat a dick

Holmes was dumped because of his character issues, and for a 5th round pick for a guy that made some explosive plays last season, I'm all for him coming aboard and earning his contract

#75 101GangGreen101, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  16. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

What does he mean when he calls Sanchez a front-runner?

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

The previous posters claiming Ted is anti-Jet .... automatically lose credibility. Ted actually comes across as pro-jet when you listen to him. He's throwing his opinion out there & it's valid. Sanchez has the physical abilities to play in this league but there's something wrong mentally. It could be confidence or the scheme or the coaching staff but there's a breakdown mentally somewhere.

Instead of blasting Bruschi, how about Sanchez go out there & prove him wrong? Would be happy if Sanchez can get 150+ yards on Sunday.

21 passes by Sanchez when most of them are almost laterals? Give me a break, there was virtually no FORWARD passing.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I like Mike Wallace, but an abstute observer of Steelers games in 2009 knows that Wallace did a lot of his damage because of the coverage that Ward and Holmes were drawing. Wallace is not going to be dealing with nickel cornerbacks as often this year as he did last year.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Add up the horrendous drop by Cotch, the deep completion to Keller that was called back, the 1st down that Keller should have had, and the numbers add up quickly.

We were 1 for 11 on 3rd down. 2 of the above would have not only counted for yards, but would have extended drives and given him more opportunities.

Bottom line is even if just the long Keller reception counted he would have been around 100 yards, but we would have won the game. Nobody complained about a performance like that in the playoffs...

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is a racing term. It describes someone who runs best when in the lead.

Bruschi is saying that Sanchez plays well when the Jets are playing well and have the lead. When the going gets tough, Sanchez doesn't respond.