Ted Sunquist?s Week One Scouting Reports: Jets At Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jcjet, Sep 5, 2008.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

The Jets record sucked. Yes, I'll give u that. When it comes down to it, it's all about the W's and L's. However, before making a statement like that you should look up how many games we lost by 3, 6, and 10 pts and how many games we actually had a lead going into the 4th qtr before falling apart in comparison to how many games the Dolphins lost by more than 13 points. Those close games were lost due to an inadequate QB and a shitty OL line.

2. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Good read, but I think he's giving Miami a little too much credit. I don't usually buy much into what the pre-season shows us, and considering all of the changes both of these teams have made this off-season, getting a clear picture of what to expect in the opener on Sunday is really anyone's guess at this stage...

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, apparently you missed the very next sentence where I said that much.

4. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

5. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

According to NOAA, the forecasted high for Sunday is 88 with a 20% chance of thunderstorms. Currently, the Jets are only 3 point favorites.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What talent did you "lose" and what did you kick out of town? There's may be a difference in what is considered talent.

7. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Look every where on Espn, Cbs sports line, everyone is picking Miami, Miami is going to be good against the pass because teams got turn overs and usually didn't have to go the length of the field on them. I will go back to my point. 0-4 Patriots, and people are expecting them to go all the way again...........Preseason doesn't mean anything, when the Colts won it all they were 0-4 in the preseason also

8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Now that I think of it, Seafood, you are correct...but still the same result...it allowed defenders time to close the "gap" and make a tackle...the ball getting there "ontime" will allow for the continued separation. Good call man...don't miss many but I admit it when I do. ;-) :beer:

Peace!

The Mezz

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

What about key injuries and bad coaching? Miami had more then their fair share in 07. Most Jet fans want to tell us Dolphin fans they are 5 times better a team comning off an awful season. Maybe they are, but there hasn't been a game played yet. So we'll see. I gotta love rival fans, they all, Bill, Jet and Pat fans think whatever ever they think has validity because their team had a better season, it's simply silly.

The games will be played and while common sense tells you the Jets have a better chance to have a better season, it's not a 10 time better chance and no one knows for sure what will be. So please excuse me for not agreeing with your lopsided theories. I happen to think the Dolphins will be, not a little better, but quite a bit better and given the history of Parcells I tend to believe we'll compete and have a chance to win every single game in 08.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you will soon learn you have a QB who can't win it for you in the 4th quarter.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but you are the typically dilusional fin fan that I try so hard to avoid because of where I live. I live in S FL and you are the reason I can't listen to talk radio anymore. I don't post on fins sites nor on the local papers blogs because I would be shouted down with all the usual responses; JETS SUCK< SUCK< SUCK, Go BACK TO NY, etc and so on. You've been given tremendous respect here to speak your mind. You may want to remind your cronnies that Jet fans can be cool. You absolutely CANNOT be a dolphin fan if you can't say the words 'injuries' or 'bad calls'. SO it comes down to you and RAJENSEN as the only people that I'd ever put on IGNORE, but I can't take you're blind ignorance anymore...

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

And maybe you'll soon learn you STILL have a QB that can't win in Jets uniform, time will tell.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I happen to think I'm being very respectful to Jet fans here and being reasonable with my opinions. I'm trying to talk football, sorry every sentence I write doesn't end with "the Jets are the gretset team to ever play football". I'm sure you'd have no problem with me if every word I wrote was about how bad the Dolphins suck, if not doing so that makes you want to put me on ignore, by all means, don't let me stop you.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I was giving you a heads up... why do that?? Because now I think of Marino - no QB to compare him to anymore, Manning has his ring.... why come back with that?

Defending a former Jet that you probably laughed at due to that fact. Now its not true?

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It's good how you, much like Youth Is Served and jilozzo, write your name at the end of your posts. Some of us can't look to our left very well.

Peace!

The Cakes

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

This is a pretty retarded argument of which team sucked more and which one sucked less. So, you're right, let's wait for the season to roll around to see how each team does. In all seriousness, I wish you guys get at least...double the amount of wins you had from last year.

17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

My point is you don't know anymore what Chad will do in a Dolphins uniform then the man on the moon. I think it's rather presumptuous of you to tell us what will be simply because it's the way it was in NY. You have no idea how the Dolphins intend to use Chad and I really get tired of fans acting like they know how a player will play in a totally different situation on a totally different team. It's absurd!! How do you think Falcon fans felt when Brett left for Greenbay? Elated would be my guess, how'd that turn out? How about Steve Young when he left Tampa Bay? Think Buc fans after all the bad years they suffered through wwere unhappy to see Young leave? Hell no!!!

You ignore the fact that for Chad it's a different philosophy, a renewed ambition, different talent, or the fact the our running backs are much better then yours, our Oline is young and big and well coached. And perhaps you're forgetting the biggest reason why many Jet fans want to see Chad fail in Miami. They would be so pissed if Chad could play well in Miami but not NY. There are a whole lotta reason why Jet fans want to see Chad fail in Miami. So every opinion ends the same for Jet fan and Chad as a Dolphin.

Is that not true?? Would 99% of Jet fans hate to see Chad do in Miami what he couldn't do for NY? What would Jet fans be forced to think if it turned out that way? Who would be to blame? It couldn't be Chad anymore after all the years of Jet fan frustration and thinking the whole reason the Jets couldn't win in the end wasn't because of Chad. What was it, coaching, talent? I think there's a very good reason Jet fans are "SURE" Chad can't get the job done in Miami.

Now all of that will probably never happen, but that's not the point. The point is Jet fans have no desire to see Chad succeed. So everything they think and say will end with Chad not being a very good QB everything Brett Fave will be 10 is times better, even though not one snap has been taken. And none of what Jet fans think is based on fact cause until Brett succeeds in NY asnd Chad fails in Miami, there aren't any facts, just opinions.

I respect the Jets as a team and I hate them with every ounce of my being, but the fact that the Jets are a lot more talented this year then they've been in years will make Bretts job much easier. Something Chad wasn't given. But that's just another fact that will be ignored if Brett plays well.

#57 feelthepain, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

i love lamp.

#58 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  19. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I'm pretty sure the laundry isn't going to fix his arm. Neither Favre nor Young is any comparison.

There is pretty much only one reason I want to see the fish QB fail (OK two reasons for some). They are the fish QB. It really is that simple.

I don't care who is lining up behind center in miami, I want to see em limping off the field.

Nice try on the assigning motivation bit. However, for me at least, there is no ulterior motive. Sure I'd have been happier if he went somewhere else. Hell, I'd have even rooted for him. Not as a fish though.

Oh, and the author of the article is still an idiot for thinking pre-season means a damn.

20. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lol...I was thinking the same thing. He makes it sound like the rebuilt offensive line of the Dolphins is the second coming.

Man....I need to regroup after reading that.