Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Again my whole point was someone saying the Jets starting job was easier to get than the Jags. Looking straight up the JAX is easier, but taking everything into account you would rather play on the Jets like everyone else is saying. Two different arguments everyone is having with me. Of course NYJ is a better spot to play football.

I guess I should have specified. There are posters who want Tebow to start and then they push that into believe he should start. I don't think 3-4 are out of the realm of possibility. Maybe I see multiple posters say it but it ends up being the same couple people? I really don't pay attention to names and have avatars off so I only recognize posters by the bold green for a mod or the way they write or have a take on the Jets.

Tebow like any other player has the potential to do it. I just don't think we can say that based on last year. We need to see more. In my eyes he hasn't shown much progression but he hasn't had much playing time so we haven't seen much progression. He probably won't be starting day 1, which I think in NY is the most beneficial thing. He has more time to work on his game himself without getting analyzed or over criticized and still have the success of last year being the last memories of him starting.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

If the standard is "think he should start" or whatever, then I think 3-4 was a good guess, even on the low side.

3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

No way should Tebow start over Sanchez going into the season. Whether or not Sanchez keeps his job is completely up to Sanchez.

Most of his supporters are simply arguing that he should be given another opportunity to start, and we believe that he's shown enough to be given that opportunity.

I for one recognize there are good arguments as to why all but a handful of teams would be likely choices for that.

To be honest, I really hoped he'd go to Pittsburgh. There would've been absolutely no thought of him taking Roethlisberger's place and I think that kind of offense suits him better than most. He could've gotten a couple years to learn, probably filled in a few times and shown his passing was better.

I'm not sure he gets that chance with the Jets unless Sanchez has a complete meltdown (unlikely) or gets hurt, which I hope doesn't happen.