Tebow will be #2 if healthy.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 5, 2012.

1. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Agree 100%, enough said.

2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

How is it the right decision to give the starting job back to a guy who almost lost to RYAN F'ING LINDLEY? If he throws 3 picks again next week, 1 touchdown won't bail us out because Chad Henne is actually competent as a QB, and won't miss wide open receivers. We will be down 28-0 by the 3rd quarter.

3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

So when Tebow's not active, it's not because he's injured, but because they want to pull Sanchez for McElroy.

But when Tebow's named #2 over McElroy, because he's healthy enough to play, it's not because he's a better option than McElroy, but because "the Jets like to use Tebow as a utility player (how many plays has he gotten as a utility player, again?) and he can fill in at QB in an emergency situation."

Got it.

4. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

yeah thats how a rule used to go im not sure if its still around or not.

its easy to go around thou, just list mcelroy as qb #2 and Tim at hb #3. There is no rule that says you cant stick ur hb under center that's basically what a true wildcat is anyways.

5. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

yup if it was Tim that had a game winning drive after replacing sanchez, even in the same manner and they gave Sanchez the nod over Tim the media would explode.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Aren't they already exploding, though the Tebots in Jax will.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No I think Tebow was injured and that's why he was inactive. I also think Rex never wanted to pull Sanchez for Tebow, but he didn't mind so much when it was McElroy as the 2nd QB being active. In other words, I don't think the move to pull Sanchez was premeditated, but for the first time their was a legit option when he played like a dick head.

When Tebow is healthy and the 2nd active QB the Jets can use him as a utility player, which they have in EVERY game he was active except for when he was injured and active. He can fill in at QB in case of emergency, but if their were ever a long term QB change due to injury or coaches decision I believe that would have been McElroy all along.

It's just way to convenient that the one time Sanchez got pulled was when Tebow was inactive. Of course you're blind to that because you love Tebow.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Your cluelessness is truly impressive. I've been objective about Tebow all along. You don't have any better idea than anyone else about whether Rex would've pulled Sanchez for Tebow.

I doubt you even believe the crap you're spoutin'. Keep wearing that tin-foil hat if you do, though.

#68 catsigater, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Rex is blowing smoke (I wonder how many terms mean the same thing, the phrase "blowing smoke" is overused).

He's trying to avoid turning the Jags crowd fervently against the Jets but they'll chant for Tebow no matter what. While this makes the opponent "prepare for more leading up to gameday" I expect that all 3 QBs will be active and that McElroy will sub in for Sanchez if he struggles (this is what I think will happen, not necessarily what I would want).

10. harts24

harts24 Member

The part about tebow playing,GOD HE SUCKS!

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Seriously, I must be bat shit crazy if I believe the Jets coaches never wanted to rely on Tebow as a QB. There's no evidence at all to suggest as much, like Tebow playing personal punt protector, and Sanchez never once getting pulled throughout his entire awful season except for the one game Tebow was inactive. I mean, most 2nd string QB's play on the punt team, right?

I must have a tin foil hat on to believe Rex had a different idea on using Tebow than you guys assumed. He's the 2012 version of Brad Smith. It's too bad he isn't nearly as good as Smith was for us because I had really high hopes.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow has been a QB for at least what, 8-10 years now? He has been asked to be a PPP (while being a backup QB) for 14 weeks now by the clown show Jets. I'd say he was a QB and not a PPP. It's not his fault that the coaches asked him to perform those duties. Credit the kid for being a good soldier and following orders.

And you feel the need to take shots at Tebow's honor every chance you get. There is no difference between what you are criticizing others for and what you are doing... which = hypocrisy.

13. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

He is what the TEAM makes/tells him (to be)

14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Just to make sure we have this straight, Sanchez has played like shit this season. Rex wouldn't bench him. Most here talked about how Rex was stubborn and loyal to a fault, how he wouldn't bench Sanchez. Then, coincidentally, when Sanchez has one of his worst games and throws 3 picks in one half, followed by 2 near picks in his the first 3 possessions of the first half, and when Rex finally does bench him, you see this as proof that Rex wanted to bench Mark sooner, but didn't because he didn't want to turn to Tebow ?

Rerally ? That bullshit is what you are trying to sell ?

Tell us LTJF, if Rex was ready to pull the trigger, why didn't he do it after the first freaking interception ? I mean, McElroy was right there.

Why didn't Rex bench him after the second interception, as McElroy was right there.

Why didn't he bench Sanchez after the third frakking interception ? McElroy was still right there.

Why didn't he bench him at the beginning of the second half after the near interception, after throwing 3 ints in the first half ? McElroy was right there.

No, Rex frakking waited until Sanchez had thrown 3 freaking interceptions, and instead of pulling him at half time and giving Greg additional time to prep, he left Sanchez in to start the second half and didn't pull him until after he had farked up 2 more times.

But yeah, Rex pulled him then because he could send McElroy in instead of Tebow.

/sarcasm

What an absolute crock of shit.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

McElroy should start, with Timmy as backup. Or vice versa.

The only way Sanchez should see the field is if both of those guys get golf-carted off.

16. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hit and run posting. Still going to do this when I get back.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

only the jets can fuck up a fuck up. what other team could figure out a way to get a 3 way qb controversey? i can understand the reasoning behind starting sanchez.but to make tim the #2 when they have refused to use him for more than a run up the gut all season just doesn't make sense.

18. jetsqueen

jetsqueen New Member

Tebow deserves a fair opportunity with this team. Rex should have made a switch weeks ago and Tebow should have had a shot. It's really unfair to him that benching Sanchez comes on a week that Tebow is inactive.

19. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Tebow will be picked up by the Patriots. It's another Welker, Woodhead move by Bill B and Josh McD. They'll use him and make it work.

20. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I think what he's saying is that there were opportunities to bench Sanchez in favor for Tebow but it never happen. There are 7 games where it could've easily happened but it didn't. Do you not recall the 49ers game when the Jets were SHUTOUT? Tell me why Sanchez wasn't benched for Tebow in that game? They lost 34-0 and Ryan didn't even look Tebow's away in the second half. You know how many times Tebow threw that game? 1 time. You know how many yards Tebow had that game? 2 yards.

All I'm saying is that there were times when Sanchez wasn't getting the job done (another is Miami round 2) and Tebow did not even get a sniff of playing time. And now the one time that Sanchez can't get anything done again he all of a sudden he brings in Greg McElroy? Keep in mind the two games I made an example of above were two home games when the fans were already restless about Sanchez. So using the crowd isn't a good excuse either.

Obviously when Tebow says he wants to do what he can to help the team win games, Rex Ryan responds by saying "good, you can do so by staying on the sidelines"

#80 I Am The Stig, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012