Tebow To Ask For Trade

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i hope tebow comes back to face us in week 17 next season with us needing a win to get in and beats us, leading to rexs firing

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'll gladly take that advice. Would much rather discuss football with real fans instead of pathetic groupies anyway.

McElroy isn't the messiah but he's probably a better QB than your hero. And even if he turns out to be a H.O.F. I would NEVER reach the level of nut-hugging you've had towards Tebow - a borderline NFL player. Peace

3. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
    ‎"I'm not starting after you benched Sanchez? Fine -- the world will end on Friday." - Tim Tebow

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

My sports Heroes are Tony Dorsett, Reggie Jackson ,Dr. J.and Larry Bird

I am a big fan of Tebow.

McElroy is probably a better QB than Reggie , not sure about Dr. J or Bird and my money would be on Dorsett taking direct snaps but we will see Sunday.

#104 CowboysFan, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Historically the Jets have been a franchise that is destine to make the wrong decision. I have a feeling we will see this as yet another one of those move.

Prediction; Tebow will go on to have an all pro type of career. We will still be waiting for our “QB” of the future. SOJ FOR LIFE! FUCK THIS ORGANIZATION

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

The Jets indeed made the wrong decision, but it wasn't made here. The decision was wrong to go after Tebow in the first place.

Tebow an All pro career? good luck with that.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Not to be argumentative, but aren't you the one always crying about how Tebowmania is destroying your life when you actively come into the Tebowmania forum? You know it's not a requirement for you to read and post here, right?

Boo hoo, indeed.

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

It's hard to be a Jets fan. Please be nice.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

BQB you are going to make Browning Nagle cry again...stop it.

[​IMG]

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Dude is emo.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

At this point, I think we have to trade him. He's going to hit the cap hard next year, way too much money for a backup. I don't like the Wildcat either. I think we should trade him for picks. We need lots of picks this year.

12. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Don't know if anyone posted this already but Dan Patrick stated today that a jets 'official' told him the reason he is not starting Tebow is he's scared Tebow might succeed in some capacity and draw the ire of fans and the media for not starting him/benching Sanchez earlier. DP stated the official was very scared of anyone finding out who he (the anonymous official) was under any circumstances since this was such a touchy subject.

DP said he was told Rex is scared of losing of his job and feels that it's lose/lose with Tebow. If he plays well, it's why didn't you make the change earlier. If he plays like crap, it's why the hell is he here considering the distraction he brings and why wasn't McElroy named the starter earlier.

With McElroy, DP said Rex faces no such reaction because nobody had any real expectations of him going into the season. He could suck it up and nobody would care. If he played great, nobody would really have expected you to start him earlier and you can say you developed him in house.

I'm paraphrasing what DP stated but he brought on John Lynch who stated also (from sources in Denver who have been through this) that it's also about the off-season. If he plays well, there would be a push to go all in with a Tebow offense and Ryan doesn't want that and neither did Elway, though they were begrudgingly prepared to do so until it became clear Manning would be coming available.

Unless Dan Patrick or the Jet's official is lying, it's clear Rex doesn't like Tebow as a QB and wants no part of it going forward. And yes, all of this was for publicity. No other way around it.

13. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Last offseason Peyton Manning saved Elway from the dilemma. This offseason, let's pray Eli Manning, Tom Brady or AAron Rodgers will join Jets and save all the trouble. Amen.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Wow, Tebow himself is his own worse enemy. I believe for Tebow to be somewhat successful you must go all in for him, that is playing with fire for a career sub 50% passer, and a huge gamble that myself would not do.

Oh and that empolyee might be fired anyways because Woody might clean house.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

They will cut him and couch it as if Tebow asked for it.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

destroy a guy's career like that? wow...man talk about bad karma...this is just bat shit crazy if true and now I am starting to feel down about this whole thing.

do you have a link? dan patrick is straight up, no way he says this if he does not think its true. This would be devastating if true. Only time i ever heard of something like this was with Al Davis and Marcus Allen.

#116 CowboysFan, Dec 19, 2012
  17. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Clearly it was not intended to leak out to Dan Patrick. Now that it has been reported, it will reflect very poorly on Rex and the Jet's organization. From the way DP spins it, Rex is making a calculated decision to try and save his own job....at the expense of whoever it takes.

Now that it is reported, and if it's substantiated by other reputable media outlets, and I think the ensuing loss of public/media respect may ultimately be the final straw that gets him fired imho. After the last two seasons, and including the way the QB position has been mismanaged so terribly for Sanchez and Tebow, Rex has good reason to be worried.

18. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Sorry no link but its been on his radio/TV program today. He's repeated it every hour.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

man let me tell you , I am usually strong emotionally (I hardly ever get down) but this would just crush me as a fan of football (not in real life) . Wow , I really, really hope this is not true.

To think Tebow was done that wrong after he was such a stand up guy is mind boggling.

This sport is getting farther and farther away from what I grew up watching and loving. Maybe its time to go fishing on Sundays...

#119 CowboysFan, Dec 19, 2012
  20. General Fan

General Fan New Member

People have no respect for others any more. It's all about that dollar and making bank. Don't get down though bro. The New York Jets are just the "Empire Strikes Back" portion of the Tebow story. Tebow was always gonna take some time to develop. He just needs a good situation.