Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Its a good thing that baby Jesus is a Jags fan.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You are completely missing the point. The fans will call for Tebow the minute he walks into the Jets facility and the calls will only get louder as the season goes on unless Sanchez becomes Drew Brees, and even that may not stop the Tebow maniacs from wanting him to play. You can say all you want that the Jets support Sanchez as the QB and they will ignore the pleas for Tebow, but you can't ignore the negative impact all of this will have on the team.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

By referencing Brad Smith I'm not making a literal comparison to Brad Smith the player vs Tim Tebow the player but rather the value being acquired from utilizing a fourth round pick on those players.

Brad Smith was drafted with a fourth round pick not to fill any specific role but rather to be a good football player and fill any role they asked him to do. He did a great job of that and we ended up getting all those aspects out of him.

Tebow won't return kicks or play receiver however he will provide a passing threat out of the wildcat that Brad Smith could not provide. This will back defenses off the line of scrimmage when the Jets run the wildcat. One of the reasons Brian Schottenheimer is no longer with the Jets is because Rex wants the offense to run the wildcat and the fact that they are pursuing Tebow is a punctuation mark on the fact of how important that particular formation is going to be to the Jets offense.

The point is the value is extremely similar for what the Jets are trying to give up. The Jets didn't break the bank for Tebow. Yet the fans are screaming that the Jets just plunged themselves into the mouth of an active volcano.

So what is the real issue? If the issue is not football value then it is about the celebrity that Tim Tebow is and the fact that he generates such a strong response because of his status.

But what is actually important? Improving the football team? Or improving the fans satisfaction with the paper roster?

Personally I see a move that improves the football team based on what the Rex Ryan Jets want to accomplish. I also see a reaction to this move based on the emotional reaction to the person and not to the football value. The Jets spent very little more to acquire Tim Tebow than they did Brad Smith and his value in winning football games should be just as great.

4. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

This snag really shouldn't be a surprise after last year's Denver - Miami debacle involving Kyle Orton. That too seemed like a deal ready for ink and then Denver wanted more.

Lombardi stated that normally clauses involving advances are waived. If the Jets pay it this time then every team will be expecting the same when trading to the Jets in the future. Not a good precedence to set.

5. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

good shit very true

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Good thing I'm working tonight. I have been completely unproductive all damn day following this nonsense on tv, radio and internet. FUCK YOU TEBOW and FUCK YOU JETS!!!!

7. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I hate Tebow but I'll root for him if he winds up in a Jets uniform.

8. Bpk

Bpk New Member

I wonder what Tony Sparano thinks. He's the one who's accountable for scoring points with this offense. He also had a front row seat for Tebow's miracle against Miami last year. He probably said he liked the kid (especially after being stuck with a lifeless fish like Chad Henne).

9. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Do not believe he is a Jaguar until it is 100% official.

We are still very much in this shit.

10. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Confirmation from Incarceratedbob or it never happened.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i was excited about this from a purely football p.o.v.
    the kid is a winner and team player who would have helped this team in some form.he is also as good as anything we would have got in the 4th.

the idea of having 2 years to develope either sanchez or tebow sounded like a good long range plan

but now no matter how it turns out tanny and co. look bad.

if the deal falls thru:
    tebow supporters will be pissed adnd say they let another team swoop in
    tebow detractors will say tanny fucked up the fuck up

if the deal works out:
    tanny would have paid the 5mil. and that will be 2 much for a backup/wc qb

it is now a lose/lose i.m.o.

12. Bpk

Bpk New Member

I'm guessing the Bronco's are pushing their luck here to see if anyone will pay it. In the end, they will close a deal with someone willing to pay half, I bet. (is that allowed?)

13. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Shhhh, cmon J'ville pay the $5 mil.

#1973 SackExchange69, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  14. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

"Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Denver or Jacksonville. His call."

Assuming he means Jets or Jacksonville...looks like those against should be happy

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I believe the fan impact is extremely overrated.

If Sanchez plays like shit this September, what the hell is the difference if the fans are chanting Tebow with Tebow on the team or if they're simply booing the shit out of Sanchez when Tebow isn't on the team?

16. Bpk

Bpk New Member

Has Sanchez said/tweeted anything? Has Jesus?

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Per Schefty:

Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

PLEASE TO GOD PICK JAX!!!!!!!

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Schefter is reporting that Tebow gets to pick the team he is traded to - Jets or Jags. Come on Timmy - go home to Jacksonville.

19. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Please let this end, Jesus hates the JETS too.

20. casman02

casman02 New Member

Come on Timmy, be smart!