Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Great point. NOW some people are losing faith in Tanny? Now, people are losing faith in the fat fuck retard? hahahaha great, great point.

2. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

When hasn't our fan base freaked out before? Our fan base overreacts all the time(rightfully so though considering it's been like 43 years and we want to see a championship), but I mean cmon this isn't like drafting kyle brady of warren sapp. We are getting him for pretty much nothing. Everyone wanted a qb competition too before all of this to push sanchez. Now, you got one. And tebow probably won't be the starter but he will be a hell of a wild cat qb. I still see no cons to this except the media going nuts. I think everyone is coming down with SOJ syndrome again. Relax people.

3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Rotoworld...

Lombardi now claims. "I am hearing the Jags are close to making this happen." If so, the Jaguars will have swooped in to acquire Tebow from the Jets' clutches. The Jets thought their midday trade of Tebow was official, before reading the details of his contract and reneging on the initial deal.

More egg on Jets face

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I had a good friend tell me today that the Jets are now his most hated NFL Franchise not in his team's division (Bucs fan). I'm guessing this is the sentiment of most non-Jets fans. Must be nice to be able to root for a team without getting a reviled reaction from everyone else.:rolleyes:

Oh well, haters gonna hate

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thats what you think and is logical, but thats not gonna stop impulsive fans from chanting Tebows name after one hiccup on offense.

6. Mr. Green Pants

Plus, he stole this latest joke from Fark. Dude can't even be an original troll.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

This is a media frenzy. Unreal. Geez bring back kotite, at least things were less stressful

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

So then Tebow isn't the joke but the fans that are out their chanting his name.

9. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

1) If you don't know the difference between Tebow and Brad Smith you've been living in a vacuum the last 2 years.

2) The fourth round pick could very well be a starting safety, blocking TE, WR, OLmen which is much more valuable than a "niche" QB.

3) If Tebow is not a "niche" QB then you just wasted $20M+ on Sanchez over the next two years.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Have the jets removed the facebook posts and tebow tweets about the deal being official?

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The difference between Smith and Tebow is like night and day.

Smith plays and exceeds as a kick returner and in kick coverage on special teams. Tebow does not.

Smith played WR. Tebow does not.

Nobody would ever call for Smith to start at QB over Sanchez. The push for Tebow to start over Sanchez will start the minute he enters the facility as a Jet.

Smith doesn't come with a fanatical following of people. Tebow is a traveling side show.

Smith doesn't divide the fan base or the locker room. Tebow would instantly do both.

With Smith you get a football player who can play QB 2-3 times a game. With Tebow you get a player who wants to be an NFL QB, but does not have the skill set to play that position.

Let me put it to you this way. Why is this thread 100 pages long? If the Jets reacquired Brad Smith, you would have a couple of happy pages. Instead with Tebow you have outright panic, outrage, and disgust. That is the difference.

You can't ignore that when you get Tebow, you get Tebow the player and Tebow the man and all that Tebow the man brings with him. And the crap that he brings with him would be disastrous for a fragile Jets locker room.

12. joolander

joolander New Member

it looks like we wont get him. thank god =)

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Pretty much, like Ive said, from a football standpoint, this move would make sense by having him run the wildcat, but in actuality, this is a terrible move because the cancer he will indirectly cause extremely outweighs the football aspect.

The impulsive fans, the media trying to get any possible story they and the management trying to sell seats at all costs are what is the joke.

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I really don't what there is to hate (if I were a fan of another team). The Jets haven't won enough to hate and they provide much entertainment to the rest of the NFL.

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

It is, but I don't care. I would rather the franchise have egg on their face (let's face it, we've had it for quite some time with some of the shenanigans that have gone on here) than complete the Tebow trade.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Can't believe the Jets have spent an entire day locked in what I can only imagine to be legal and contractual jargon trying to seal the deal on a trade they never should have pursued in the first place, only to more than likely not get their man anyway.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

bullshit, people hate Tebow, and they are the same people who did so in college when he didn't suck. so how can you even attempt to claim it has to do with his performance and not him?

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Perfectly said JWWS, this pretty much sums up this whole thread... Not much needs to be said after this.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

and allow me to add on more Woody greed.

The fact that paying him $$$ is the stickler just lends to the theory that the Greed fuk is the one who called this shot.

-Woody: We need more PSL's, you know what? Get me Tebow!
    -Tanny: Really think that's a....
    -Woody: Whatever you need to do, GET ME TEBOW!! & Use Draft Picks.
    -Tanny: OK, It'll cost a few picks...
    -Woody: I don't care, that's even better, just make it happen!

~Few hrs. later:

-Tanny: We just traded for Tebow, He's Going to cost....
    -Woody:YES! YES! YES!!! START THE PRESSES AND PRINT THE JERSEYS!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!
    -Tanny: Before you do I need you to approve.....
    -Woody: YES!!! We are going to Run this town and SELL SELL SELL!!!
    -Tanny: WOODY, WE OWE THEM $5 Mil!!!!
    -Woody: WE SSSSHWHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT!!????
    -Tanny: You said by any....
    -Woody: BUT NOT MONEY !!! PICKS!!! WITH PICKS I HAVE LESS PEOPLE TO PAY! What Where You Thinking Boy!???
    -Tanny: I didn't send the papers in yet
    -Woody: Cancel muther Fucker Cancel!!!
    -Tanny: I'm On it!... *riiiiing* Hey guys.. guess what? We no want da babie jeezus

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

So who will be the scapegoat, can't blame the Broncos for being smart when writing a contract.

Someone dropped the ball by not reading the print, before allowing the tweet.