Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Whatcha gonna do brother? when Tebowmania ruins your day?

2. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

And a titans loss but that didnt happen!! There were games that the Jets could have won....AKA broncos but D choked (SMITH)

3. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

It does, I believe. Why else would this deal take so long? Tebow would make any owner WAY more than 5 million dollars....

4. Denorex

Denorex New Member

They better not agree to the 5 mill just to save face.

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Bet jets end up giving up more now that jags are pushing it and to not look like total fools.

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

The Jets already sell out.

Jersey income is shared.

You guys are overestimating the money potential...

This probably was a Tony Morono trade cause he wants to run the wildcat which is completely dead now...

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

SORRY WAS in other tread and fake

#1787 Jerseyboyisback, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  8. So in other words the trade was announced prematurely for the publicity aspect. Shouldn't the "cap wiz business lawyer" Tannenbaum know that you never announce a trade with this high profile of a player without at least REVIEWING the clauses of the player's contract?!

The Jets couldn't wait to run to the media with this. Well one way or another this will teach them the lesson that the media is NOT their friends & football operations need to be handled in the proper manner.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Just pay the 5 million and allow Tebow to win the job (and make no mistake, he will beat Sanchez out).

I, for one, love this move. And I cant wait to see Tim Tebow play qb for the Jets.

10. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Im guessing your a pats fan?

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

From nfl.com:

The Jets and Jaguars are now in discussions with Broncos about a potential trade for quarterback Tim Tebow, league sources told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Wednesday.

The Jets had previously announced that they had agreed with the Broncos on a trade, but the deal hit a snag when it came to the Broncos' desire to recoup $5 million that they had paid in Tebow's original rookie contract.

The brother of Tim Tebow says he thinks the snag has the talks "almost back to square one."

Robby Tebow, playing at a pro-am golf tournament at the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill in Orlando, Fla., said Wednesday that he and the Broncos quarterback "thought it was done, like he was signed, sealed and delivered. Apparently, they didn't read the fine print."

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This deal is a PR stunt pure and simple. This FO/CS is either: Stupid for not reading the contract OR Stupid for giving an extension, no matter what the cap relief would be, to a QB they have no faith in.

If you want to believe that Tebow and Sanchez can co-exist, keep dreaming. The very second Sanchez screws up, the "We want Tebow" chants will begin. This FO once again trades away DP's for what? Headlines? Cmon Man...This is beyond f'n stupid.

Woody's hand is evident in this decision. Feel free to believe this was a purely football move as anyone can believe whatever they so choose. This Franchise is once again, in need of an overhaul.

Ground and Pound won't get this team to the SB w/o a viable passing game AND a Pass Rush. Even BigMouth Rex knows this.

This team, while getting the back pages again, has embarrassed itself. We are again, the laughing stocks of the NFL.

I'll be glad once Adults are running the organization again. Obviously, Tannenbaum is a great Capologist. Rex is a great Defensive Coordinator. Both should return to their core strengths. Sadly, Woody is all in on both of these guys so as usual, Jet fans, just like the team they root for, are fucked w/o so much as a reach around.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They almost sell out...there wasn't a game last year they weren't trying to get me to buy tickets.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Either that or it teaches our braintrust that maybe he isn't qualified to run an NFL organization. This team is a fucking disgrace, they'll never get out of their own way. Much like my baseball team. It's almost as if they're cut from the same cloth.

15. Nick07

Nick07 New Member

watched most of the games he played at Florida. He had a lot of talent and played with a lot of talent but did not play in a professional system nor had to go through many progressions. He never had to look off the #1.

I understand your a fan of him, specially from you name. Laugh all you want, there is no exaggeration. Worst thing while he showed some progressions at times, he reverted back to old habits.

I really wish your Jags get him and give us a 3rd don't get me wrong... It will help you sell tickets.

BUT by you mentioning statistics from him in college. You do not know how to judge a QB coming out of school.

Big difference!

For instance, Brees killed it with his progressions in college and is what made him so well. He would have been drafted higher if not for his height. If you remember his famous throw against OSU, That was his 4th progression. I can probably count on two hands when Tebow looked at #2 while at Florida.

I loved Tebow when he was coming in once in a while at Florida and love him now. He is a great overall person and has very high motivation and drive which you can not teach someone.

I feel like he can come back from behind and wins games and play at the pro level but do not believe he is the future of the Broncos.

My reason is, His passing.

He will not be able to rely on his feet and have a huge career playing his style and he will never be the passer that is able to stick in the pocket. This is what wins championships and only way to be consistent.

He will never ever, ever ever be able to go through progressions and throw that nice ball quick on the 4th receiver. He will also never have sucess throwing until he revamps his bad habits on throwing the ball and gets a quick release.

If you watch cam in school he is consistently going through progressions. With him playing under Malzahn and regardless if you think they run a spread. He showed he had that ability. Malzahn was all about progressions.

Tebow has physical abilities and talent. I do not think he will mentally adapt to the NFL before and now. He has been in the league long enough to show him self progressing. When he was playing under Urban Meyer he did not have to go through pro style progressions and read defenses like he needs to in the NFL.

I always disliked spread offense "type" QB's coming into NFL because it is so hard for them to adapt (reason why I said Frisco should of grabbed Rogers not Smith during draft on my board).

He is fun to watch and wish he proves me wrong by showing this last season for the Broncos BUT I just do not see it.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Because the Only Holes this francise is interested in filling are the empty PSL ones in the stands!!

They don't give a fuk about what the fans want or what the team really needs.

17. reverseapachemaster

I hope the Jags take him.

18. k311

k311 Member

Despite my gaffe with the fake mort report, I do see sources saying "watch for big news in the next 30 minutes"

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea it had nothing to do with our cap situation and him getting the biggest contract in the history of NFL defensive players. :rolleyes:

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to agree with this. I'm very concerned about the Jets moving forward with this group in charge. So close for two years, but it seems to be unraveling fast.