Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

the dude has a 6m and 7m cap hit..........for 2013 and 14............thats alot for like 10 snaps tops (a game)

2. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

Yeah, I get those confused sometimes. :)

Wow, so even if the guy wins us 10 football games he's still not a football player? Is he playing Madden? And what does that make Sanchez? smh...

3. jetsfan4life78

jetsfan4life78 New Member

It makes no sense. We have guys who can run the wildcat.

4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

This may have finally done it. After 27 years of following the Jets remotely I think this move may finally push me over the edge to just root for my home team (sadly now the AZ Cardinals). As I was driving after I heard the news I saw a car with a license plate that read "FED UP". That's the way that I feel right now. To give up a more than fourth rounder for Tebow and his baggage is ludicrous.

The issues far outweigh the benefits in this deal. With all of the talent that the Jets need in real positions (S,OLB, ILB, OL, RB, blocking TE, WR) why give up a draft choice and bring this circus in? If Mark is what you want and hope him to be then what great added value does a wildcat QB have (especially with Kerley able to fill that role)? Why pay Sanchez all that money and then bring in someone who is probably not going to be satisfied with a wildcat / backup role?

It's just another in a disjointed move that this franshise has put us through. There have been so many mistakes and contradictory moves that this franchise (I can't call them an organization because they don't show any) has made that defy logic. It shows another instance where this FO wants to do the "cute / big headline" thing instead of just making good / basic football moves.

5. DUBLIN

DUBLIN New Member

I disagree with the signing of Drew Stanton now this has gone through - or is that a sign Tebow is not our backup QB?

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Haha, I didn't even think about that part of it, but that's bound to happen.

And I'm sure I'll get a million requests saying HAY CAN I CHANGE MY NAME FROM MADBACKER57 to GODQB15?

(not meant to make fun of any particular poster's username, just picked a player who might not be hear next year)

Tebow can be an asset here. And he will sell tickets. It's not as awful as I first thought it would be, but if Sanchez doesn't play well, this could turn out disastrous. If Sanchez plays well, then Tebow can remain a gimmick QB who is used in Wildcat and possibly elsewhere from time to time.

If Sanchez plays poorly, the Tebow chants are going to begin. Then again, I think Rex would love to win the way the Broncos were winning lat year, by never actually throwing the ball.

#1026 Jetfanmack, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Scott Frost was a "football" player too.

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

But we traded for him. That means we guarantee him NOTHING.

His deal can easily be reworked, or there will be no penalty in getting rid of him,

Apparently his cap number this season is 1.1M

9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'll love this move if they list him on the official roster as a RB, HB, or FB.

That would mitigate a majority of the stupidity in the media/fanbase. Just dead the whole "he's a QB" thing right out of the gate.

10. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Is it legal to have 2 qbs on the field at the same time?

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I agree, but that is still alot of QB's to keep on the roster.

I think it would have made more sense to just have Sanchez and McElroy for that role and Tebow as third string just in case.

13. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

We now have god on our side!!! Praise Tebow!!!

[​IMG]

14. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

some of you guys worry about mark sanchez's feelings too much.

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

So tired of this shit man. I am sure Tebow is a nice guy and all but this is Favre 2.0.

Chad Pennington gets run out of town by Favre, now Sanchez gets run out of town by Tebow. Let go of Sanchez, he doesn't deserve this bullshit.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tebow Time...DAMN IT

17. wfresh

wfresh New Member

trade sanchez to the Rams now!!!

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

On the football side, he will bring some versatility to the offense. That's all I got.

Off the field, he will be a team guy and say all the right things, but his presence will be a huge distraction, and could divide the locker room more than it already is. Do you really think Holmes and Cro are going to put up with his "rah rah, let's play well today brother" bullshit? I don't.

Also, this place is going to be overrun with Tebowmania, and new members who want to talk All Tebow, All the time. Can't wait.

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on this Tebow trade. On the one hand he has a knack for winning games because he's fast.

However, after the Jets extended Sanchez's contract I'm not sure why they brought in Tebow other than to increase revenue and sell PSL's.

I sometimes wonder if the Jets really want to be a quality team and take it to the next level. It seems to me that Woody Johnson just wants to make money, get in the back page and if as a by product of pulling off some splashy trades they make it to the Superbowl, well that's just gravy.

I truly hope Sanchez steps it up next year and Tebow takes only limited snaps.
    This is your time Mark..

20. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

How many playoff games did Gabbert win? Let me ask you a question. If you had the choice between Sanchez throwing for 4,000 yards and Tebow winning a Super Bowl which would you take? All I am asking for, is the guy be given a chance to compete. All you want is for Sanchez to be handed the reins to a team, he failed to lead last year.