Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

For now. Maybe.

2. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I think it would be worse than the Gholston/Robertson move. Most didn't have a problem with those moves when they were made, they were just bad in hindsight since the players ended up sucking compared to where we drafted them. If we trade anything more than a 5 for a wildcat QB, what can possibly be the justification? To repair the locker room? We already know what WILL happen before he gets here.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It could be worse, we could be the Miami Dolphins.

4. tommytom

tommytom Banned

lol the Dolphins knocked the Jets out of the playoffs and Sanchez shined in the final game. lol

5. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

no no no no NO!

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You have not be around long enough the NYJs have been a circus since the end of the 69 season. That adds up to 43 years & counting :sad:

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

True - Tebow isn't Newton, or what RG3 will be, I'm just saying that he plays QB in that style... a Style I think is going to take over the league soon.

I disagree that a QB by committee approach is that crazy of a thought though. True the QB position touches the ball every play, but is that player that crucial on a play where he takes the snap and gives it to the RB immediately?? How about when he throws a short screen to the WR at the line of scrimmage.. does a QB/ an entire offense really have to develop a continuity to do that??

I think it shouldnt be disregarded in the NFL as it has been in the past. Teams have so much time to prepare they can prepare packages for two QBs and still have continuity. In games it could be like hockey does with goalies - ride with the hot hand that day..

But Even though I kind of disagree with you somewhat on your feelings about the QB by committee I will say for the Jets Sanchez should still get the majority of the snaps.. something like 70/30 Sanchez/Tebow...only because hes a much better passer.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Well that's true. Still: No Tebow. How many times are we going to be the laughing stock of the league? This would just make it true for at least another year.

9. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

That's totally ridiculous.

Name one team in the history of the NFL that has won a Super Bowl without a pure dropback passer?

All the Wildcat offense and Tebow crap is nothing more than a fad.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Denver won their division, and their first playoff game, but let's face it, it was the weakest division in football and they caught a break facing a banged up opponent in the wildcard game.

Then they got massacred when they finally faced a very good team.

Elway knows football, and he obviously could not wait to get rid of Tebow.

That tells me a great deal.

NO to Tebow.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot... you are the QB expert because Tom Brady is on your football team of choice. My fault, you obviously know better than me!!

10/15 years ago College fans were saying the same thing as you. Now kids are playing the spread running QB offense in jr. high, high school, and the majority of college programs are running a similar system. Its only a matter of time before the NFL does so. More Robert Griffin III's and less Andrew Lucks....

12. reverseapachemaster

lol wut???

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The pure comedy value of Tebow interacting with Rex makes this trade exciting.

14. tommytom

tommytom Banned

We have stunk for years. We celebrate playoff wins lol.

15. nyj8085

nyj8085 Member

Tebow can go from Jesus to Job suffering on the Jets bench and running his few Wildcat plays. I can see Tanny going the conditional route with Denver if he really wants him. Saying you can get a 5 or if he starts more than 50% of the games it goes to a 3 or if he wins a playoff game as a starter a 2. Things that are not likely to happen but the carrot for Broncos fans to say see we might get a 2.

I also think that the Broncos trading Tebow to the Jets would be hilarious... Tebow would never survive the NY media.

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Do you really think tebow would help sell tickets or psl?

17. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I am reading on twitter this is more serious then I thought. Jets apparently have upped the offer.. no word of what else was offered.

18. nyj8085

nyj8085 Member

Tebow would sell tickets without a doubt. The trip to Cortland would become a pilgrimage in every sense of the word. But I do not think it would help the Jets from a football standpoint. It would be an attempt to sell seats and get attention.

19. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

The thought of what this could be scares me

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

This sounds like fantasy land to me. We finally got rid of Schotty's crazy offensive scheme and now you'd like to see a 2-QB system put into place? That would really be a circus. This topic is getting ridiculous...