Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

His accuracy is at times ass. However, its not like Denver had a good WR core last season. He does occasionally throw a very nice deep ball too.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We get the tebow mania headache/distraction. While yes, if the Jets are winning, the Tebow factor can only help. If the Jets, specifically Sanchez, have one off game, look for the NY media to push for Tebow for starter... That is something that team does not need. The trade in football terms makes so much sense, but its the mania that surrounds Tebow that makes me hesitant.

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Exactly agreed, to bad for the media BS becasue I would love to see what sparano could come up with, with Tebow in a specialty role.

4. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Tebow for Bart Scott? lol

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

If the media was a non factor here, then I would completely be for this trade... Sadly, thats not the way it works here

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Denver is so desperate to dump Tebow that if now one makes an offer he will be cut with virtually no cap ramifications. His rookie contract was a joke and totally incentive base (remember he was 3rd string coming in).

If Tanny has even the slightest thoughts on Tebow:

1- wait for Denver to simlpy cut his ass
    2- wait for no other team to offer him anything
    3- sign him to the practice squad or as a full back that steps up and runs the WC 2-3 times a game with Sanchez split out.

Imagine Tebow in the backfield and Sanchez running the hurry up offense to keep the other team's dime package on the field (no LB'rs). Then, just before the snap, Sanchez runs out to the LOS and Tebow runs up and takes the snap. Bet the other teams calls a TO every time! Good way to make the other team burn all their TO's in the 1st QTR.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

He had a 46.5% completion percentage...

2 games of the 11 he started with a completion % over 50%.

His accuracy is HORRIFIC period.

I dont care how bad his recievers are.

Look how bad Sanchezs WRs were last year, (FAR worse than Tebows imo) and he wasnt far behind 60%

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm surprised you didn't suggest moving Tebow to safety.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

There is a 0% chance Tebow gets cut

Hes under a rookie salary, with the new salary cap

If a team can get him locked up for a complete joke of a contract and have to give up a worthless 6th or 7th rounder, they will

10. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Actually, I think that Thomas and Decker are both pretty good.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're right, and my initial reaction to this idea was that this is a terrible place for Tebow for that exact reason. At least if they got rid of Scott and his guaranteed salary out of the deal they'd be gaining some ground.

12. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Schotty?? Is that you??

13. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

This is a fun concept but we just payed Stanton. Where does this put Mcelroy? do we cut him?

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I can honestly say that if the Jets sign Tebow, I seriously doubt I will be renewing my season tickets after 32 years of owning them. I have no desire to sit in that stadium and listen to all the muscle headed Jets fans starting a "We want Tebow" chant the minute Sanchez throws one incomplete pass or takes a sack.

I find Tebow and the circus that surrounds him unbearable. I don't care for the constant proselytizing or the sports-religion connection that he brings (even though I know God does not care one bit about sports). I also think he is terrible. While I can understand that he may bring something to the table with regard to a wildcat formation, the league has figured out how to defend it for the most part and the distractions he will bring are hardly worth 2-3 plays a game.

I "pray" he ends up with Jacksonville or Miami.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!!

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

So if we used Tebow to unload Bart Scott and his horrific contract, while freeing up several million in cap space and allowing us to go out and sign a real MLB, you would be opposed to that ?

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a much better passer. But seriously? Neither of Denvers starters are as good as holmes or even close.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

If the Broncos are so needy of a MLB, why dont we just trade them Scott for a 5th round pick...

19. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

If we give anything more than a 5th or 6th rounder i'll be pissed off. This draft is deep and we need as many picks in the early-mid rounds we can get.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

This is the sad truth. The first thought that popped into my head with all of this talk was Sanchez throwing an interception after the TEAM losing the week before and fans chanting “TEBOW” and then the media having an absolute field day.

Its sad, because fiscally it makes sense if we ditch Scott. But the media and the impulsive fans are a factor when looking at this whole scenario that, IMO, far outweigh any benefit Tebow could bring.