Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Kind of semantics. If they had run a 3-4 and just had dual blitzers every now and then, I'd agree with you. But, it sure seems like they had 5 guys on the Dline on damned near every play, three of them down, 2 standing.

I did read the link which I why I questioned that they had used the same scheme in the first game. Guess I'll go back and watch that game yet again to see.

I understand what you are saying about the offense that Tebow ran, and I have heard it sooooo many times. "Just wait until NFL teams have some tape, then they'll stop it".

Guess what >? The NFL has plenty of tape of teams running from the I formation, from 2 back sets, from the shotgun with 3,4, or 5 recievers. There isn't an offense out there that teams don't have tape on, yet not all teams can be stopped all the time. Why would the Read/Option or the Spread Option be any different ?

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I watch a lot of basketball and what you are describing will not work in football. When a team goes on a run in football, it means offense/special teams/defense steps up all around and the team that has the lead falls apart on defense/special teams/offense. In basketball, players play both ways so calling a timeout and subbing them make sense. If the team has its starters out there, they usually call a timeout and leave the starters in. This is a bad analogy in my opinion. You can't compare a run in basketball to one in football. Also, you call the TO in basketball to find a way to contain the guy on fire. In the NFL you don't use timeouts to stop momentum or make adjustments since there is so much stopping in between plays. I don't like this analogy and it won't work for the Jets in my opinion

3. Demosthenes9

It was a loose analogy :)

Sure, you call a TO to douse the guy that's on fire, but you also call a TO to get your teams heads back in the game and get them on track so that they can play the way that they had been playing earlier.

I'm not advocating that Rex should pull Sanchez any time he makes a mistake. It's more of a gut feeling kind of thing. If he gets down on himself and sullen, and is just going to continue to make mistakes, trot Tebow out there while the coaches deal with Sanchez.

The thing I have seen with Tebow is that he just doesn't get down on himself and he doesn't let bad play/plays affect him. He can throw a pick and yet he's still full of confidence and optimism.

I don't know, maybe that will rub off on Sanchez and the rest of the locker room.

4. jlee499

jlee499 Member

Just for arguments sake... What will all the naysayers do if by some 'miracle' the Jets have the best year ever and 'actually' go to the SB? We pick up the right players in the Draft; a WR that opens Holmes up; depth and in FA we get a good RT. Then, Spanano calls all the right plays on offense, using Sanchez and Tebow perfectly.

Seriously though, what if both Sanchez and Tebow have a good year and work well together in a new and improved offensive scheme?

5. Demosthenes9

The universe will collapse ?

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we need a new real general manager regardless of that........

the giants have one, and have won 2 super bowls while our genius have a perfect 0-fer.:sad:

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

it's the subject of next week's episode of " FRINGE". :drunk:

8. TheGreenCantona

Fresh off the wire:

Tebow will play in the 4 position following STATs bulging dick! He sees himself as a sportsman first, qb second and willing to play anywhere as it is exciting to be a newyorker.

9. whichfan

whichfan New Member

An interesting article talking about Jaguars' Khan displaying some regret over missing out on Tebow and Tebow choosing the Jets over Jacksonville.

I find it hard to believe if Khan wanted Tebow as much as he's talking about in this article, that Tebow would have not gone there unless he's being promised a starting job here or he really didn't have a choice. Why in the fug would a quarterback want to be part of this mess instead one of the best rushing teams and defenses in the league with someone willing to build around him?

It's pretty clear Khan would have started him. I know Tebow wants to start. So he either had little choice, or he must feel very confident in winning the job from Sanchez.

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Jacksonville is a dumpster fire. Tebow shows great intuition in not wanting to go there.

Since when is it important to be in your hometown? So he's popular there. He's popular everywhere.

That won't get far when you're losing for a butthole organization in a butthole town.

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Or he'd rather play back-up on a playoff contender than starter on one of the worst teams in the league...

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Do you have any idea how good the Jaguars defense and running game is? With Tebow running the offense they would have been crazy and compared to the Broncos, it's night and day. If he could take that team to the playoffs, no reason why he couldn't do it with that defense and an offense built around him.

I don't see how you think he would see this as a better chance getting to the playoffs with the Patriots in his division, and also considering the way in which the Jets plan on using him. He would have had to deal with the Colts and a rookie QB, Titans, and the Texans, a great team, but nowhere near the road block the Patriots will be. And who the heck wants to be the NFL's first closer? Which is basically what the Jets are saying. Just cause he can handle pressure, doesn't mean he seeks it out. I don't buy that.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where do you come up with idea that the Jets are saying they want to use him as a 'closer'?

14. whichfan

whichfan New Member

When they went on record saying if Mark's in there and the offense start stalling, that they would bring in Tebow? And then insist on him getting a certain amount of plays.

Sounds pretty much like that to me. Most quarterbacks take over for good. The started doesn't go back to being the starter if the back-up takes over and wins football games.

That's usually how the NFL operates.

15. VanderbiltJets

So many logical fallacies... Too much effort to explain and correct...

16. whichfan

whichfan New Member

See this is what I was talking about in the other thread. It would have been even better should have saved your time and not even bothered to make that reply.

Clearly, you seek out Tebow discussions and then proceed to display your discontent with anything and anyone Tebow related.

17. VanderbiltJets

False. If I took discontent to "anything tebow-related" then I'd be here all day trolling through posts.

First lesson: correlation vs causation. Just because you happen to be talking about tebow and I happen to be anti-tebow doesn't make
    incorrect. Overall, replying to a post that is patently false is, IMO, a part of constructive engagement. However, given certain degrees of ignorance and idiocy in any given post, a short apt response is often necessary to retort what amounts to no semblance of logic.

#4397 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Get over yourself. Just because you continue to make a bunch of generic statement about people(I loved the comment about you generalizing "Tebowites" as uninformed...good stuff) and you put yourself on a pedestal and have issues with others that hold players in much higher regard than you hold yourself...doesn't mean squat.

It usually means you're an annoying internet ass that rarely ads anything worthwhile do discussing the topic at hand while proclaiming to be intelligent.

What's that word? Oh yeah.....a stealth member troll.

PS: That's exactly what you are doing.

19. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

I think of the two options you provided, it's likely something closer to "confidence/opportunity."

Especially since it's alleged Tim got "vibes" from Mularkey that he wanted no part of him playing their QB, regardless of what Khan wanted, and it's also alleged Mularkey wasn't interested in shifting his offense to fit Tim, he would have wanted Tim to shift to fit his offense. Something that may have wound up leaving Tim with lower probability of being successful. Unlike the Jets-- and Sparano-- who are going to create specific packages for him, and really wanted him. I think all of that factors, I truly do.

But, more so, one of the ESPN analysts said that they'd spoken to some individuals close to Tebow/the situation, and they said Tim made a "very deliberate and very shrewd" decision and they are under the impression that he doesn't want to harp on his reasons for picking the Jets publicly, because he doesn't want to feed any certain perceptions that he only took the job to try and eventually gain the starting job, and he doesn't want to offend people from his hometown, but...

Apparently, according to one of the ESPN Insider's, they say that Tim thought the Jets have coaches who want him, it's alleged that Tony Sparano has "wanted" Tebow as his QB since he and his coaching staff coached him at the Senior Bowl, it's alleged that Tebow thinks they have a top tier defense (and definitely a defense that will always be better than Denver's and Jacksonville's), the insider claims that Tim really thought "most" of the offensive line was "great", and they alleged Tim was "excited" about getting to be a QB to certain "skill talent players" and he likes the idea of having said "clutch skill guys" as part of "his" offense.

Apparently, while they didn't name the skill players, they did go on to say that Tim moves out of the pocket when passing a lot, and he scrambles a lot, something Tim's cognizant of, much like Big Ben does, scramble, I mean. They claim that Tim knows that we didn't really utilize "scramble keys" last season, but he knows he/Sparano can implement "scramble keys" with some of his "skill guys" and they'll likely have great success, and he knows some of the "skill guys" really want/like/thrive with "scramble keys" and they/they've been in systems that have utilized "scramble keys." The Insider said the real major negative that Tim saw, per this Insider, was that they have an incumbent QB, but apparently, even on that front, they believe Tim thinks that Mark is "vulnerable."

They also said he thinks if/when he gets his shot, he's going to have formed relationships/bonds and chemistry with the guys he'll have in "his huddle" and he thinks that it will be easier for him to win, and prove he should be starting in NY, if given an opportunity, than it ever was in Denver, and than it would be in Jacksonville.

Take this for whatever it's worth. They didn't name "who" close to Tim was said to be divulging this information, but they did a segment on Highlight Express on the ESPN Family of Networks, that's where I got this from. Some of the same things the ESPN Insider said... has also been allegedly heard by some of the ESPN First Take crew, too.

#4399 alwaysthejets, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  20. VanderbiltJets

I don't have issues with "others that hold players in much higher regard than I hold myself"... That makes no sense. I've consistently said what matters most here is the JETS.

"Pedestal" in the world of internet boards is called a "sticky".

I take "annoying internet ass" to be a personal attack.

**Adds. "Ads" is short for "advertisements".

Read the definition of a troll (per TGG). Most pertinent part, to both insult myself and prove you wrong:
    "Someone may be insufferable, infuriating, fanatical, and an ignorant idiot to boot without being a troll."