Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Jacksonville is the armpit of Florida.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Rex Ryan said they'd win the Super Bowl and this was the most talented roster he ever had!!11!!11!!!11!!12!

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

the trouble of having tebow around outweighs the value he would have to the broncos as a backup qb.

obviously, i don't think teams should go around not having a backup qb. injuries happen. you'd like to field a team. but you could pick up a backup anywhere. that's where i'm saying they have very little value. you can just go out and sign a backup qb. it doesn't really matter who it is. would it have mattered if it was drew stanton or brady quinn as our backup this year?

as soon as peyton signed the contract, tebow's value to the broncos dropped to 0. sorry, even as a "security policy," the circus that follows tebow around is not worth it if he's sitting behind peyton manning. it is a no-brainer to get rid of tebow at that point.

i don't think anyone learns from peyton. because i think peyton is one of those really smart guys who can do everything but probably can't teach. he just gets it. curtis painter obviously didn't learn anything sitting behind him for a couple years. caldwell seemed pretty clueless without peyton around. peyton isn't going to groom tebow because they're never going to play a similar style of qb.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What is the measure you're using to rate Gabbert 5th worst? I can think of a bunch of worse seasons right off the top of my head and that's without leaving the city of NY.

Seriously Joe Pisarcik wants to talk to you twice as does Richard Todd.

Gabbert's 2011 season was actually not even close to an all-time bad season.

5. MrNoise

MrNoise New Member

The polls on ESPN and NFL Network have some interesting results

ESPN poll Who should start for the Jets? 51/49 in favor of Sanchez

NFL Network poll 70/30 in favor of Tebow

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Here you go

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2012/quick-reads-2011-review

#4346 CowboysFan, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  7. thegreatwayne80

obviously i didnt get the chance to read all 4000+ posts in this thread but ive caught a few. anyone think that sanchez and tebow on the field together is a possiblity? if rex is talking about 20 snaps for tebow i would think that having them both on the field together would be the case. And before i get shit on look at tebows comments in the interview....he talked about how he thinks hes a quarterback but is a football player first maybe theres something that can be taken from that

8. Br4d

9. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Think it goes back to 1992, but nonetheless, your point still stands.

10. MrNoise

MrNoise New Member

It would be interesting to see if they can and do do that. Have a two QB system where both would always be on the field. They both have the ability to catch a ball, but Sanchez's blocking is suspect and both would need to develop route running.

Still it would be hard to defend if they did not have shuttle both QBs off the field and Sanchez would play WR on Wildcat formations and Tebow play TE/HB/FB on the base offense. Since both are in the huddle when they break they could pick either offense to run and teams might not have the right personnel to defend them.

Also many possibilities arise such as motion snaps or direct snaps to Tebow and Sanchez.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

5th worst in 20 years then , dose Gabbert suck less because of it ?

12. jetsflow

jetsflow New Member

NY is a melting pot.. is there enough christians here for tebow to succeed? Or does tebow mania die?

13. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

II'm really starting to hate Tebow purely from the asshole newcomers on these boards who feel the need to mention Tebow in every thread.

They make me miss the days where Milcus was the worst poster on these boards.

Do you know what the word "decade" means? Or "less than"?

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

And go.........

15. Br4d

He was a raw rookie. Who knows what he's going to look like in 2 years?

I'll bet Eli Manning was one of the guys with the worse seasons, his rookie year. David Carr was certainly not. One of those guys has two Super Bowl rings as a starter now and the other gets the shakes on the football field as his backup.

Life as an NFL QB is largely based on who drafted you and what kind of plan they have and who is around you. The Jacksonville Jaguars have had one above average NFL QB in 15 years of existence now. They just don't do a good job of creating value at that position and Mark Brunell is the only plus guy for more than a year or two.

The Jets unfortunately also do not do well with QB's. The one guy they have developed in the last two decades who was clearly very good was also limited by his arm strength and was injured so often his career crumbled eventually. Why was he injured so often? Well it sure didn't help that the Jets repeatedly let offensive linemen get away from them because they weren't sexy marketing tools.

16. TimeSquareTim

TimeSquareTim Banned

I wish the season started tomorrow! I'm SO excited! "I can't wait!" (bart scott voice)

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Cleveland is the same way, a graveyard for QBs who have lots of potential :)

18. Demosthenes9

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

People keep talking about the wildcat but wasn't that lining up a RB or WR as a QB. since Tebow is a QB lining him up as a QB isn't the wildcat.

but line Tebow up as the RB next to Sanchez in the shotgun and the defense will have no idea who the football is going to be snapped to on any given play. you can run it, throw it, option it, line a second RB on the other side and hand it off to him. the options are pretty limitless and all would keep defenses off balance without Sanchez ever leaving the field. Sanchez could just live in the shotgun like Brady and be the QB on every down.

20. Demosthenes9

Yeah, that would work. Other times, you could pull Sanchez off the field and he can come over and talk/plan with the coaches, and you can put Tebow in the shotgun, put Green beside him, like up 3/4 WRs and run Spread Option. Defense still won't know what's going on.

Then a refocused Sanchez could come back in and continue.