Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

http://www.khaaan.com/

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

We're sorry, but the person you are trying to reach is no longer listed at this number.

New tenant:

[​IMG]

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

[YOUTUBE]pAATerH70Dg[/YOUTUBE]

:rofl2:

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Poll at ESPN.com shows 70% of the nation thinks Teblow will be starting QB for us at some point next year. Sanchez is a middle of the pack QB, but he's actually underrated, nobody thinks he's competent at all.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I would not say far outnumbered, actually barely 47% to 53%, its called basic math.

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Oh man, you're using math skills, that just isn't fair. :)

7. abyzmul

That's a big number when you're talking about completion percentage. Ask any Patriots fan QB expert.

8. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

He was far worse in that WK17 KC game.

That was a brutal display with the division on the line.

9. abyzmul

Using math to disprove what you see with your eyes is the job of biased NFL analysts and quantum physicists. You better go find some better math.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I'm just joking around.

Tebow has real sold intangibles, finds a way to be successful when everyone says he can't etc

Your team is better with him.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What is your deal? You said:
    I disagreed and said they are an insurance policy. That's EXACTLY what they are. I'm not trying to make the backup QB position any more important than exactly what it is, an insurance policy. You are the one trying to distort what a backup QB is when you say they aren't an insurance policy and that "they're just there", as if teams should just go without one. If that were the case no NFL teams would have backup QB's. They all do. Every single one.

If Tebow really had all this upside that the Tebois seem to believe why the fuck wouldn't the Broncos just keep him there? They already spent a 1st round pick on him, spent two years grooming him and had him under contract. They just won the division and a playoff game with him. He could have learned and used the most awesomess work ethic ever to learn from one of the best NFL QB's of all time. They had more cap space than most every team so that wasn't an issue.

They obviously thought it was more trouble than it was worth to keep him around as an insurance policy. Either he doesn't really have much upside in the eyes of the Broncos management or the trouble that comes with having him on the roster outweighs whatever upside they believe he has.

12. Demosthenes9

Your own words:

He had a whopping 18 more incompletions than completions out of 270 passes thrown, 144 to 126.

Hyperbole much ?

13. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

217 pages of BS and counting... I only post in this thread to make it even more disorganized to the aggravation of ***** supporters...

14. Demosthenes9

Actually, it's really useful for calling out people who make hyperbolic statements on message boards, statements that aren't supported by facts, or even the eye test.

15. Sanchez Alvarez

I don't believe you watched much, more like heard and read (posts).

He threw enough good passes against the best defense in the NFL in the most important game of his career (playoffs). He broke several passing records doing it.

Do those passes count in your judgement or just the end over end "punts" that landed in the recievers arms for a touchdown (I recall you saying).

Winning is why they play the game and Tebow took the WORST team in the NFL (the two previous seasons) and who were 1-4 and had basically given up, to a divsion title and a their first playoff win in seven years.

Yeah, it's about completion percentage and how he looks thowing it, in his first starting season in the NFL.

Winning is for suckers!

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Gabbert had the 5th worst season in NFL history for a QB , yet if you go to the Jaguars forum you would think you were developing a young Dan Marino.

Why is that ? I ask it with sincere curiosity I'm not trying to be a dick.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Even Jacksonville knows Jacksonville sucks -- everything about it. It's impossible to get them to think the problem is anything but them. :grin:

18. abyzmul

Oh, I watched enough to see a bad pocket passer. That's what he is. Say otherwise and you're deluding yourself. Completion percentage isn't the be-all end-all stat for a QB, but when it's so pathetically bad, you have to try to pay attention to why. His form is terrible. If he somehow jumps a light year to fix it, he'd be the best QB in the league, but my fan opinion is that I don't see him making those leaps in the next 2 seasons.

I think the Jets will use him well, in the aspects he's successful with, but not as a starting QB. He's just not an NFL QB now and likely won't be anytime soon. Yeah, he won a playoff game. At home. Big whoop, the Jets won 4 on the road. And they didn't get lucky enough to play against a crippled Ben Roethlisberger.

19. Sanchez Alvarez

The Jets weren't strapped with the worst talent for two years running either. The Broncos were the worst team in the NFL and were 1-4 when Tebow took over.

That's big.

There is no comparison between a Jets team loaded with talent and that are AFC Championship contenders year in and year out and the Denver Broncos, pre Tebow last season.

20. abyzmul

Can you justify the bolded portion with any basis of fact?