Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

It's amazing that he can't throw a spiral with any consistency. A lot of his passes look like punts by the time they reach the intended WR.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, not enough posts...

3. Demosthenes9

OK, now I have enough.

Really ? Poorly thrown ball ?

You mean like this one to beat Pitt in overtime ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBPHU4bPAA

Or, you want more ??

BTW, I'm not even close to claiming that Tebow didn't throw some really ugly passes last year, but that said, he also threw a bunch of nice ones.

#4303 Demosthenes9, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

nobody is saying he has never made a good pass just that he has obviously been incapable of doing so consistently.

that wasn't a difficult throw. Denver ran the ball on every first down in the second half; I remember watching that game thinking a play action pass on first down would go for a huge chunk because there is no doubt Pittsburgh was going to come for the run on that play. and they did. and it did. not solely because of the throw but because of Pittsburgh's defense.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seriously, I saw one touchdown pass he threw turning end over end. Very punt-like. I had to replay it just to confirm how bad a pass it was. That's the norm for him, too. Of course sometimes he'll turn it on and throw some spirals, and then some jahoob will youtube it so Tebow's cult can use it as undeniable proof of his greatness.

6. tebowfan15

tebowfan15 New Member

This is truly a joyous day.

I really look forward to rooting for the Jets this year. That press conference was very genuine.

God bless,

tb15

7. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

He doesn't get the zip/spin on the ball that is required to step into the role of a good QB.

He's a thrower, not a passer, if that makes sense, and I don't think that's ever going to change. He's been working on his mechanics since his sophomore or junior year in college.

8. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I like where your head is at and all....but I don't quite see John Elway rolling around on his death bed cursing the one who got away, Tim Tebow. That said, Manning could sure get carted off at any time and that will be about all the disaster Elway can live through on its own.

I'd be more than happy with one semi-productive option "Qb". Manning into early retirement would be icing on the cake but I'm rooting for him to be able to walk and stuff afterwards. Just so long as he doesn't fuck with the Jets in the playoffs no mo.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Check this out

[YOUTUBE]OzdspnasHpw[/YOUTUBE]

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

BTW Tebow did an excellent job handling that presser today - comes across as an excellent person. Confident in who he is and happy for the opportunity to get to prove himself in NY. Nothing wrong with that.

Also I think the negative nellies are overstating things pretty heavily - the kid is a heckuva a good football player who can do alot of very good things on the football field.

#4310 AbdulSalam, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Quick question that has probably been asked a billion times:

If Tebow struggles this year but the Jets succeed, what happens to the Tebowmaniacs?

12. Demosthenes9

Actually Jet, some are saying that he can't pass even when I have made the argument and demonstrated that he CAN pass, but that he has a problem doing it consistently.

I believe Whichfan tried to make the same point and he faced a lot of argument about it as well.

As to the pass, look at the post that I was responding to, the one that said this:

That one pass, while not that difficult, completely disproves what was said. That pass was not a "horribly thrown ball", rather, a tight spiral, it was on target, and it didn't put DT in harm's way.

13. Demosthenes9

Cowboy, take a look at this one :)

[YOUTUBE]rQmg3s8USFQ[/YOUTUBE]

14. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

One of many, the throw at 1:13 is FUNKY.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

That's very unlikely to happen. What is most likely to happen is that Tebow continues to get better and the Jets have a great season.

16. Demosthenes9

Speaking for myself, I'll be happy that the team Tebow plays for is successful, and while Tebow struggled, I'll hope that he continues to grow and improve.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Sure runs like a beast though :grin:

18. abyzmul

Hey sweet. I don't suppose you know where I could find a video with his incomplete passes, would you? Because they far outnumbered the complete passes, as nit-picked for quality as they are in that video.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The main local news channel kinda worked him this evening.......... They talked about his press conference and kept playing snippets of him saying "I'm very excited" (in various forms) repeatedly (20x+), as if they were bitter, or to appease the fans that were hoping he was going to the Jags. Didn't expect they'd do that to the golden child.

I guess the Wrath of Khan has more power than I realized.

20. abyzmul

He always struck me as more of a rugby type of player, actually, and maybe it stems from that whole 'thrower' thing, which I don't disagree with. He's using the power of jeebus to propel the dead duck through the air at a high rate of speed.