Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

best part of the article and I feel this is 100% true

There is a feeling around the league that the Jets believe Sanchez played his best in the pressure of the playoffs his first two seasons and they feel they need to put the pressure on him in the regular season to get him to raise his game.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...k-job-sources-article-1.1049461#ixzz1q3lc3j00

#3961 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

Sorry if this post is all over the place, with the merging, it might seem like my post is defocused and a mess, given the sheer number of topics in here.

1. On the topic someone brought up of reports about Tim's accuracy and causing bts conflict with his skill players, etc... On, what is a much lesser scale, it is alleged that was an issue with the Jets and what was causing a good portion of conflict bts, too. So, I can't see WHY they'd think this would be one of their better ideas, from that standpoint.

Was anyone else watching SNY a few weeks ago when Chris Carlin said point blank that he or they'd talked to Jets' coaches, which he wouldn't name, and said those coaches admitted after the season ended, a good number of skill players (not just WRs) throughout the season tried to discuss that ball placement, ball timing, handoffs, etc. were causing them concern they'd be seriously injured... I'm talking, outside of the realm of normal injury risks. Carlin noted concerns about specific areas the players said their bodies were being endangered (head, knees, necks), and the coaches said they "dropped the ball" pretty much ignoring the issue, letting it fester, because whoever should have been responsible wasn't willing to push the issue after the players said they were having no success communicating the issue themselves... and it led to players getting upset that the coaches weren't "coaching" everyone and weren't taking everyone's concerns seriously, and a whole slew of other trickle down resentment? Carlin said the players were essentially "shut down" when they tried to get the coaches to address and work on the issue. Carlin also said the whispers of that being an issue were around all season bts from the players, so that's what prompted someone at SNY to go to the coaches and press them on it. But, again, Carlin wouldn't put the coaches they'd talked to names on it, so... Take it for whatever it's worth. Just saying, this was apparently a large part of what started some serious issues. Schein even went on to say, he'd heard certain skill players, he said he could easily note one, who was battling a rather significant undisclosed injury/injuries this season and it may or may not be tied to this issue. Again, though, when neither used names of coaches... I'm not proclaiming its gospel, but I also don't think they were lying, Carlin's brought it up in passing, too, on Loud Mouths more than once.

So, given those concerns exist with Tim... Makes me nervous. But then again, a part of the issue according to Carlin wasn't that it was happening, it was how it was or wasn't being addressed, and how they felt they were unable to have open dialogue about it without causing issue... Tim may handle his skill players differently and the coaches may coach Tim differently, so maybe the whole point is moot.

2. Did anyone read the article Cimini wrote the first night of the trade, and it had a throw away line in it about how Tim wanted to be the starter?

“This kid will do everything in his power to start,” one team source said of Tebow.

If true, that means the front office is aware of this... and for whatever reason, Tim thinks it's some realm of a possibility. So, it's not just Gary Myers who has heard Tim would like to start-- and/or thinks it possible.

3. whichfan- I was reading through the thread, trying to find commentary from other threads, and noticed your comments about Tebow needing to be in the spread... Thanks for further explaining that theory.

For the record, I don't know if you have been watching ESPN or NFLN a lot this week, but, Herm and Mangini and Billick are all convinced that the Jets are being "disingenuous" about planning to use Tebow in the wildcat.

They said that's not what Tim runs with great success, and they stressed his success comes in the spread, so if the Jets want him to flourish, they have to give him a complete base package tailored in spread form. They noted, that's how they'll open up the pass, and how they'll be able to help the running game if Tim's strengths are being properly utilized.

They believe the Jets are only using wildcat to describe what Tim will be doing, in part, to make it seem like what they plan for Tim is less threatening to Mark's role as a QB- in regards to how big a package they'll need to put together for Tim and in regards to how much flexibility they'll have to put Tim in the game and for how often. They noted it also keeps defenses from trying to figure out how to scheme against them.

They said if the Jets use Tebow in just a wildcat type role, they won't be maximizing nearly what he can do, and they noted that the wildcat is really not his strength. They said the Jets, they believed, had to use Tim more like Carolina uses Cam, to really make this move worth it. They really stressed, the Jets have to go all the way with Tim, in regards to getting him comfortable and coached up, which is why, they said "someone's asleep at the wheel" if they don't do the spread. They noted, when people say wildcat, the connotation is Tim will just come in for a play or two at a time through various points of the game.

They also implied if Tim runs a spread offense, it means he'll likely be in there for a series, or multiple plays at a time... They said that could create "conflict." But, they noted, it's also the best way to keep defenses from reading what Tim plans to do.

3. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Tebow's one and only claim to fame is that he can score on his feet. That isn't Mark's - but Mark gets it done, nonetheless.

[YOUTUBE]6R9C9ehqBXs[/YOUTUBE]

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I consider a major strength of Sanchez. He is very quick and mobile. I think 6 touchdowns last year would have been pretty close to the career high of McNabb and Vick. It's a huge number of TD's for a QB.

5. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Absolutely, however with Sanchez you have a high risk of injury compared to Tebow. Its going to be very interesting to see how Tebow is used, and you really can't ask for two better coaches for devising wildcat/spread option plays then Rex and Sporano.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

"Now you know why the JETS players have fallen in love with Mark Sanchez." :rofl2:

7. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I still can't believe we have this on our team.

[youtube]R8zuYONmX00[/youtube]

Thats supposedly pretty much an accurate account of Tebow.

[youtube]YY4deQjOrMI[/youtube]

8. vajet69

vajet69 New Member

Now that it's done I will back this and hope for the best. They will have to show some imagination and utilize Tebow in more than the Wild Cat. He may see time at halfback or tight end. It's going to be interesting. Let's see what happens.

9. wexy

wexy Member

I wonder how many babies have been named Tim Tebow this week.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Brady, Rodgers, Brees all run similar versions of the same offense. That is why I call it "normal". Tebow couldn't run one in Denver, which is true, so they tried to build one to his strength. The problem was he wasn't the starter since the beginning and they started trying to change the offense during the bye week. This means they couldn't get the players they needed to run this offense besides the QB. The coaches tried to do their best to put Tebow in a position to succeed, they failed at times because of how little time they had.

And constant spread out of a shotgun is a "normal" offense in the NFL now. Vick has a twist on this, but still one of the normal NFL offenses.

Well you asked why should Tebow have to run a normal offense? I never said he had to. I said he couldn't, and he didn't. There is nothing wrong with stating he couldn't run it. They tried to make an offense he was really good at, but they had limitations since they were trying to implement new plays and formations midway through a season. If they had all season could they have succeeded better, maybe. We will see if the league catches up with the read option. It worked so well because it surprised the league, but it also was very limited because it was improvised midseason.

Not sure what I said that was so shocking that you need go on a rant.

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I love Mark, no need to tell me . I was just pointing out that they had the same number of rushing TDs as the poster said but Tebow played a 3rd of the season less

I also would not say its Tebow's only claim to fame , Tebow has 6 4th quarter comebacks in 16 career starts at QB (all time NFL record in first 16 starts,).

Sanchez has 9 in 47 games.

#3972 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
  13. laxin

laxin Active Member

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The media will never stop either. Anytime the Jets are mentioned, Tebow/Sanchez will be discussed. Tebow always got viewers/readers. The Jets always got viewers/reader. Combine them, and watch the media keep it going and going.

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

No I didn't get it from ESPN. I got it from common or I guess not so common football knowledge. I had no idea those coaches made those comments but it's probably as evident, if not more so, to them as it is to me. It's simply retarded, and beyond to think Tim Tebow is being brought in to run one formation. Anybody that understands the ins and outs of football should be able to figure it out. Ain't happening. The kid is far too talented to take on as limited a role as that or for a coach to attempt to only use him in that situation. You're basically shooting yourself in the foot if all you do is put Tebow out there to run wildcat plays. It just doesn't make any sense that anyone, even the Jets, would make this trade just for that. I didn't believe the wildcat comments the first time I heard it. For one thing, Tebow's never even ran freaking wildcat plays in the NFL. That's old school, gimmick plays. He's going to be used for the same reason everyone else wants dual rush QB's. To take away the extra man advantage versus defenses.

#3975 whichfan, Mar 24, 2012
  16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

edit* double post sorry

#3976 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
  17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Although funny it is just a cartoon afterall , this one is actual real life, this video is worth seeing if only for the song.

[YOUTUBE]OzdspnasHpw[/YOUTUBE]

#3977 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
  18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, Tebow's claim to fame is that he won 2 National Championships, was a three time Heisman finalist. Won he Heisman once, was screwed out of it a second time. Rewrote the SEC record books in many categories, and was a better passer in the SEC than Peyton Manning was.

And that's just a small part of his claim to fame :)

19. Antdvda

Antdvda New Member

What's a joke is that your great quarterback lost straight up last year to a glorified "3rd stringer".

Give the dude a chance. He was a freakin rookie for Christ sake.

And if you're gonna try to pretend that Sanchez is equally adept at running becausehe had the same amount of running touchdowns last year, then you are delusional and should probably stop making yourself sound so stupid.

#3979 Antdvda, Mar 24, 2012
  20. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

[​IMG]

/facepalm

#3980 RevisOfNazareth, Mar 24, 2012