Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. XX2

XX2 New Member

Is he really there doing good, or is he just over there hiding from the guy with the pee cup?

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Tebow will not start any game this season, unless Mark gets hurt.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The spread is where Tebow flourishes they are correct.
    Everybody talks about Tebow looking like crap for 55 minutes then he was lights out, that had a lot to do with denver switching to the spread . That's where all the" unleash " talk comes from from on first take , skip was calling for Tebow to be in the spread from the get go.
    For all the talk of Denver tailoring an offense they actually did not put him in the best formation until the last quarter of every game .

But they did not explain the running back situation completely, the read option opens up running lanes because th D has to contain, it lets Running back s gash inside for big chunks . Yeah Tim might take carries but it's whatever the read is , it's not basketball it's not Tim hogging the ball, he has to read the defense and take what's there.

#3823 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It's either the "view" you are using or it comes when you have a certain number of post , I switched views and it seemed to work for me . Try changing the view setting

5. KILLER Klown

KILLER Klown New Member

Denver led the league in 3 and outs...and as bad as Sanchez was, he still rated higher than Tebow.

6. KILLER Klown

KILLER Klown New Member

Brad Smith had a lot of passing records in collage also, and was a much better athlete. Denver catered their offence to him, the word was besides his throwing issues, he was statistically the most inaccurate QB in the league , he could not read defenses. They were forced to make the game plans very simple.

7. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Obviously. The media is so retarded. What else is he suppose to say.

8. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Well the way I look at it Tebow is definitely worth a 4th rounder. He has a lot of potential, especially if Sanchez gets hurt.

9. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this is repeating what has been said, but... I really don't find these allegations to be all that shocking. The NYDN are not the only ones to report having heard that Tim likely wants to be the starter at some point.

ESPN has noted they heard from "anon sources" that Tim allegedly believes Mark is vulnerable, and that he thinks he has a shot at eventually being the starter, too. Whether either of those allegations are true, I don't know, as these are all "anon sources" but I really don't find it to be a surprise, if so.

Did anyone read the type of comments Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn made about Tebow as it pertained to the QB situation? I don't get the vibe from anyone who has ever been around Tim, that they doubt he wants to be a starting QB in this league. That's his goal.

I don't blame Tim for his more far reaching fans, but, I will say, I think because of that more overzealous side of his fandom, and because of his image, sometimes people underestimate him in a few capacities.

Namely, the media is spinning him in to someone who "can't" or "won't" try to compete with Mark in certain ways, and they claim he may not be able to mesh with Rex, Cromartie, Santonio, anyone with loud personalities or egos, and they worry about his fit in NY, etc.

But, I find some of those concerns to be far reaching, in some regards. Tim Tebow played in one of the largest college programs in the nation, he's been in locker rooms and sports environments his entire life.

Florida's football program didn't have choir boys lining its rosters, to be very clear, they had people breaking rules and laws left and right. They also had tons of players with huge egos, and people who boasted... Essentially, people saying and doing whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. I mean... Seriously. Urban Meyer started to come under serious fire for their arrest record. In case anyone is unclear about any of the 30 or so arrests and other things that were going down at Florida in the Tebow/Meyer Era, check out this article for just a brief idea of some of the issues: Orlando Sentinel: Florida Football Program Urban Meyer Arrests. I'm not judging anyone, either, btw. Just making a point.

So! Tim played with tons of players who had egos, issues, big mouths, etc... And he did this for years, and had success connecting with, befriending, leading, fitting, and winning with all of these peeps... I think people greatly undervalue the experiences Tim's already had, and his ability to accept and/or deal with certain things, people, or environments.

I'm not saying any of this because I think Tim needs to be the starting QB, NO! I only say all of this, to make the point... I think the front office needs to avoid a QB controversy at ALL costs, because I firmly believe, like these allegations hint, Tim wants to eventually be a starter, I would be shocked if Tim didn't think he could/should be a starter, and I think it is sort of a bad idea to "assume" Tim cannot be a threat, or that Tim cannot fit, or that Tim does not want... whatever else. I think the media, some fans, and some others are a bit naive when it comes to Tim, and that's... begging for trouble. Tim's going to be a team player, and do all of the right things, and all else, but... If people assume he just wants to be the "Wildcat" guy, and if people assume he won't be able to mesh and form bonds with..., and if people assume he won't fit... Well... Maybe it's just me, I don't buy that. As much as Rex keeps touting how Tim's a competitor, as much as everyone else touts it... I just don't know why anyone doubts this headline.

#3829 alwaysthejets, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He never actually dissed Tebow. He just supported his QB at the time. The media is a fuckin joke, man.

11. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

First thing, I need to note.. I said Gruden with Cam, and meant... Chud. Yikes. Lol. Sorry about that.

Also, thanks for further clarifying what they were implying in regards to the running backs situation. That makes sense about the defense. I really wasn't sure why they were emphasizing they shouldn't and likely wouldn't do the wildcat, necessarily.

They just both noted that it was pretty imperative that the team be prepared to upset Mark and the running backs depending on how they use Tim, and they stressed the importance of the Jets putting Tim in the spread, not the wildcat. They said if they use the spread every time he was in, it would likely wind up opening up the pass for him, as well. They noted it might wind up being better to let him play a series at a time, versus a snap at a time, depending on the game situation, and to keep defenses from assuming or guessing what Tim is in the game to do. Needless to say, they were stressing how many areas of conflict this could lead to.

12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Howdy there MK2:beer::beer:

13. Demosthenes9

Joe Willie, I'll be a Jet's fan for as long as Tebow is here, AND, if his stay is long enough that I develop a real attachment to the team, I very well might be around here when he leaves/retires.

If you will, it's kind of like dating/marriage. You meet someone, things go well, you get introduced to their family. IF you stay around long enough, you become very friendly with people in that family and even if you stop dating the person, or get divorced, those friendships still remain.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Holmes is banging his head against a wall. He'll be a headache again before the seasons over.

15. Demosthenes9

Couple of points. First, Denver did a lousy job with the read/option as McCoy didn't know much about it and was basically winging it. Can't fault him for that, to be sure, but he didn't know what he was doing.

Second, as to WVU and UF, last time I checked, the coaches that used those systems went on to other places. It's just like the NFL, when a new coach comes in, he brings his scheme with him

Additionally, it takes the right personnel to actually run the read option. You MUST have a QB that is a valid run threat.

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Tim Tebow was very hard to figure out last year. He'd have a quarterback rating of 36 and he would turn around the next week and throw it all over a team . He will be employed in the Wild cat , so I don't see how we compare him to Drew Stanton. Stanton couldn't run the Wild cat , so again they are not comparable. What is Drew Stanton body of work anyway???

17. KWJetsFan

I respectfully disagree. Tebow will be the starter before the season is over. Mark is too inconsistent. Combine that with the fact that the Jets have too many big holes for the draft to fill, along with not enough solid players available in FA whom the Jets can afford.

As in Denver, the media and fan pressure will be too much for Mark and the organization. Sanchez will be benched and Jets fans will have to deal with "Tebowmania" (UGH).

I hope Woody is happy. I also hope I'm wrong.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^So you're basically a fair weather fan. That's cool.

Being a sports fan is nothing like what this guy described. It's about the team not the player.

19. KWJetsFan

I love how you make it seem like Tebow stymied defenses last year.

In games he started, including the playoffs, Denver scored less than 20 points in nine of thirteen games. They scored 17 or less in 8 of those.

The Shotty, Sanchez combo wasn't great by any means, but don't make it sound like defenses can't figure Tebow out. PLEASE!!!

20. Demosthenes9

Have a minor quibble with your post Whichfan, and that is the Pats didn't run the Spread Option, but rather, "just" the Spread offense. There is a difference :)