Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to say this since the trade went down.... How is this not a fantastic trade? We used a 4th rounder and for all purposes upgraded in 2 spots and brought in a great charecter player.

the negatives are just crap:

if sanchez does bad he'll get boo'd off the field
    That would have happened anyway... hell it almost happened at the end of last season when our backup was a 40 year old glorified qb coach named mark burnell. only thing that has changed is now if sanchez gets boo'd/benched we have a better option coming in for him

tebow brings in a circus atmosphere with his following
    have you lived under a rock? this has been a circus atmosphere since rex ryan took over. and for the most part, we have won. tebow isnt changing anything, that atmosphere is already here

This might kill sanchez Psyche

first, everyone just killed this team for nto having anyone to push him... now all of a sudden we dont want to hurt his mental state? second, if he cant handle the pressure, id rather find out and move on, as your likely not winning with a mentally weak player(see cutler, jay). that said, sanchez i think is a tough guy who will handle it... if he can handle his teammates throwing him under the bus via twitter and the NY media, he can handle this

4th round pick got us maybe the best possible guy in the league to run our wildcat packages, a guy to improve our short yardage situation, and a better backup.

thats a win in my book

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

LOL

What a freak show.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for you die hard Jets fans...

3. whichfan

whichfan New Member

No, this is Tebowmania. Welcome.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sanchez sucked last year..if there was a failing by the front office it is that they should have pushed harder to convince Manning to come here.

5. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Wrong, if he doesn't try and take Mark's spot, then the Jet's fans should riot. Any player, on any team should be trying as hard as he can to be a starter. If he isn't, he ain't worth having on the team.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Gary Myers is going to be the guy on the "Play Tebow" bandwagon early next season unless I miss my guess. He was heavy on the "Get Peyton Manning" bandwagon before it even got hitched up.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. If we had the cap space Don, I have no doubt that would have been the case. Which reminds me, what happened to all that cap space we were saving up for this season anyways? What happened to the plan? What's RingMaster's endgame here?

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I do too. You just have to understand that this is the Jets we're talking about.

Just when Tebow thinks he has it all figured out there it will be in all it's horrible splendor: the Sta-Puf Marshmallow Man.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So Hobbes, if someone other than Gary Meyers had wrote this story, would they too be douches? Don't hate the messenger Hobbes. Bad form old bean..

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up.

My fav part of the article is how this douchenozzle talks about Mark's regression. Only 10% of reporters go on to say marginal improvement and hardly anyone talks about how the parts around Mark digressed while Mark had a "marginal" improvement.

Seeing Tebow line up as an HB, RB QB or TE (my fav move) for 15 to 20 snaps a game would be awesome.

The kindling going on the fire for a QB controversy is pure shit and does nothing but stir up borderline fans into a frenzy of Sanchez hating lemmings.

12. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

u kno sanchez gets bitches too right?

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If they had cut him when they could have they would have saved 12 million this year..With that I am sure they could have found a way. (And like I said before, I will never argue your opinion of Tannenbaum, it has been mine as well and for a much longer time)

14. jlee499

jlee499 Member

As both Sanchez and Tebow failed with the N.Y. Jets, we had to turn to a 3rd stringer, Greg McElroy. Who took us to greatness again, winning Super Bowl XLVIII. :metal:

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Sanchez doesn't have to "fuck up". The FO already said Tebow will be playing in packages when Mark has a 3 and out....and if it just so happens that Tebow gets the offense going, then who knows how long he'd stay in. Could be a drive, a quarter, a year. What difference does it make? Hey if Tebow's willing to back Sanchez up, is Sanchez unwilling to back Tebow up? Is that what Sanchez fans are saying? What kind of TEAM players are they? ;)

In other news mayor Bloomberg decided to get in on the Tebowmania action:

:lol:

[​IMG]

Hang in there Sanchez.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No, that is not the word on the street.

That's the Headline on Gary Meyers' column, which is not supported by a single sentence IN the column.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Fact of the matter is:

1. If Sanchez comes out and plays great he will be the Jets QB
    2. If Sanchez sucks then Tebow will be the Jets QB

End of story. If Sanchez doesn't step up, with a QB who we can say is almost even with him, and show that he can lead this team and really be a good QB, then he deserves to sit and have Tebow start.

People keep saying people will scream for Tebow. Well if Sanchez sucks, then why not?

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This is what this discussion has come down too. Whether Mark is going to get Tim to lose his virginity or if Tim will prematurely ejaculate while disrobing on his wedding night

*smh

19. reverseapachemaster

When you agree to support Tebow, do they give you a script to repeat? So many Tebow fans say the same thing, practically word for word.

Nobody disagrees he did well in college. He's not playing in college anymore. The NFL is different. That's why a lot of great collegiate QBs don't play well in the NFL. They aren't comparable because the quality of players is higher (think about all the collegiate players who never get drafted, even from winning teams) and its more pass oriented. It's like saying you were valedictorian in high school so you must be the smartest kid at Harvard. There are lots of valedictorians there. Not everybody rises to the top.

I'm not going to challenge your thoughts about him as an NFL player. I'm not going to change your opinion nor are you going to change mine. However, there is definitely more to his popularity than his skills. He definitely has a cult of personality around him that the media loves. It's fueled by that nonsense he does on the field.

There's also a huge following based on religious grounds. If you look at news sites, even very prominent ones like CNN, there were stories yesterday about how the churches in Denver were bemoaning his loss and how it was a particular loss to them. Not Denver or the Broncos. To the church and its patrons. He has become a hero to some Christians over his overt expressions of his faith. He has become an unstoppable sword of Christianity on the football field. Criticizing his playing has become synonymous with criticizing his faith. It has nothing to do with his acumen as a player. Living in Texas, there are a lot of evangelical Christians around here and they are lockstep Tebow supporters. Even people who don't watch football and don't know if he is a good player support him fanatically. I once told some people -- friends of my wife -- who attend an evangelical church that I did not think he was a great player. One guy asked, "is it because of his religion?" I don't know how he got a religious attack out of attacking his playing ability otherwise.

I'm not saying you are that kind of fan -- I don't know -- but there's a lot of fans like that.

20. LGENF

LGENF Banned

although in the interview Tebow did say he came here to compete

hmmmm..................

only time will tell - but for sure its gonna be one hell of an offseason