Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Not to mention Tebow is a DUAL threat QB.

So I love how people completely discount the rushing part of his game as if it doesn't count in the NFL just because it comes from a quarterback.

I'm sorry but does Tebow's rushing touchdowns not win games? Does his rushing not move the chains?

Did the NFL pass some new rule that no QB can rush for a touchdown and if they do, they don't plan on counting it on the scoreboard?

2. Reece

Reece Banned

Is that you Sporano?

3. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Yeah and he was 10-21 and put up a 149.5 QB rating against Minnesota and 5 other times where he put up ratings over 90. Including SD.

All of which you conveniently leave out. You did get Tebowed in OT so I suppose you have a good reason to be butt hurt. Go back to your division and watch Manning/River choke. They will be both competing for the biggest choke artist in the AFC West. My money's on Peyton with Rivers completely falling apart before he even puts himself in a position to choke.

#3103 whichfan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to look at the poll considering only members with a join date of Feb 2012 or earlier.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's an interesting point brought up by the original poster. While Tebow can't throw the ball, he can run the ball, and if he's going to be our full-time QB, we can at least run a ball control offense with limited turnovers and rely on our defense. That's what Denver did to make the playoffs this year, and we have a better defense. Did they get lucky in several games? Sure, but Denver also was close in these games, and I would think part of the reason why is they didn't turn the ball over that much and they had decent time of possession with their running game.

I liked Stanton in college. He hasn't really gotten a fair shake in the NFL, but it's like with Kellen Clemens: there were times when the team would go out of their way to not let him play just because they didn't think he was that good.

And remember with Tebow, this guy was considered a project out of college with his arm motion. He played a few games as a rookie, got more extensive playing time last year. Like Sanchez, he's still got time to improve as a QB, and he should be better than he was last year.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I'll take the word of your linebacker who played with him on the field over yours but I understand your sentiment since the Denver Broncos with him at the helm beat you down in overtime

"He makes plays, you can't deny that," Chargers linebacker Takeo Spikes said of Tebow. "People can talk about the way he throws the ball, people can talk about his release. But at the end of the day, this league is about what have you done for me lately? And if you can come in and make the plays that another guy can't, then you'll play a long time."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2011/10/09/4472_recap.html#ixzz1pv14vbBm

#3106 CowboysFan, Mar 23, 2012
  7. whichfan

whichfan New Member

He's happy cause when they lose to Peyton, Rivers can save face now. It's not quite as bad as getting Tebow-ed.

I think that's the number one reason Peyton chose Denver. He knows the only other highly regarded QB that's a bigger choke artist than himself is Rivers. And Rivers makes Peyton look good. Ever since they lost Rivera Chargers have been slowly disintegrating and I don't see that stopping. The good Rivers/Chargers era is behind them. All downhill for the next 3-4 years.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I don't share your sentiments on Peyton but Rivers play has dropped off or sure .

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is a quote from Tannenbaum: “If our offense is sputtering, and we have, say, three three-and-outs, and we roll this out there and it’s successful, who knows,” Tannenbaum said. “I think it will just depend on the game and the situation.”

So the leash on Sanchez is three three-and-outs in a row. Then we're in a quarterback controversy.

I have nothing against Tebow the player - he's a tremendous competitor and can run the wildcat effectively. It's the extra baggage he brings and, as seems to be the case all the time, Tannenbaum just doesn't factor this in.

I have a bad feeling about this.

New York Post article

10. whichfan

whichfan New Member

3 three-and-outs?

OH FFS just announce him as the starter already.

Tannenbaum: "This game, Mark, we've decided to make our first set of offensive downs, wild cats sets....just to throw a wrench in their plans....but don't worry, you're starting game 1 as the starter, while we defer and play defense, and then when we get the ball, Tebow's going to come in as your backup to run the wildcat."

#3110 whichfan, Mar 23, 2012
  11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I dont think that is the issue - most people would agree tebow is beter than stanton but (IMO) the issue with tebow is that he brings a huge amunt of drama and media attention to a team that more than anything else this season should be keeping its head down and getting on with the business of building a team. this is the only reason i am down on the trade.

it is also distracting the team from doing what it should be doing now which is going out there trying to get well priced FAs now the mad season is over. we have sort of addressed 2 needs out of about 6 so far whereas they could realistically have covered 4 of them.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

congratulations to the Tebow thread in making it into the top ten list by # of posts.

13. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Guys,

Being deployed I have real limited access to things, I say on ESPN this morning that there is another hang up again on this trade. Is Tebow a Jet or not? NOt trying to start shit just wondering.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That seems good when you read it.

You are a Cowboys fan. I doubt you have watched every snap of Sanchez's career.

Sanchez is not accurate and does not have good pocket awareness. These are major concerns. When he was knocked around early in games, he went into a shell. In December, Sanchez reminded me of David Carr at the end of his Texans career.

Sanchez will have to improve his accuracy. That can be done. He will likely never be a 70% passer, but 60% might be alright. More importantly, I believe Sanchez needs multiple sessions with a sports psychologist so that he does not become shellshocked in the future when he gets roughed up in games.

When drafted, I felt Sanchez's ceiling was a Phil Simms-type. You know, effective if the team has a top defense and good running game. Sanchez is not dynamic enough as a passer to carry a team with a mediocre running attack.

I see Sanchez getting benched at some point this season and Tebow taking over as the starter. I see it as a coaching decision as opposed to a Tim Tebow cult and media co-decision.

Tebow also has major accuracy issues but is much tougher mentally and has better pocket awareness than Sanchez. In my opinion, neither is a good NFL QB at this particular time.

15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

It was foreordained that Tebow should come to the team where Revis Christ holds services every Sunday.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We went from having an ineffective wildcat package and Drew Stanton as our backup to having a very good wildcat package and Tim Tebow as our backup QB. WIN WIN.

We have two former first Rd draft pick QBs who have both shown the ability to win in the NFL and who both need to improve aspects of their game in order to become good NFL QBs. Competition and allowing these guys to push each other to improve on a daily basis will be a good thing for both of them. I think its a great move.

Bottom line: Tim Tebow is a vast improvement over Drew Stanton.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

the read option and the wildcat are not the same thing. Unless the Jets come up with something funky that has both Tebow and Sanchez in the huddle at the same time, defenses are going to be able to sub in when Tebow's package comes into the game. So two mediocre QBs in the same play to effect a 4-5 yard run? Not really seeing this as a great strategy.

18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Stanton, not enough out there to make a call. Tebow, needs to be able to throw the down and out.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is buuuuttttt...he needs to sign a new contract with Denver (my guess is to show a reduction in the advance money that the Jets agreed to pay) and then it takes 24 hours (Saturday) before the league office can bless the trade. Because of that the new conference has been postponed from today until Monday.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What is it then that he can't do? Has to be some reason he has been a lifelong #3.